As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 gets worse and worse

1939495969799»

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    oh, also on a lighter note, got that job i was interviewing for! so, woo!

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

But it's August and it was only 60 degrees today. Explain that one to me "Scientists"

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also, after my older brother Stevie killed himself, the road to "normality" was really, really long. It's the kinda thing that leaves a wound on your heart, and it never quite heals up right. It's like a dull ache that pops up now and then. So, for everyone dealing with grief and sorrow, it does get better, and you're not less of a person or a weaker person for hurting. Cuz it'll always hurt, at least a little bit. It just hurts less as time goes on.

Yeah. Eventually you just stop really fretting so much about their loss, and learn to cope with it.

And, with time, you learn to remember the good stuff and better appreciate those who are still around.

The hedonic treadmill, running on and on.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    does anyone mind if I start an uptick of the mood? I'll toss it into a spoiler, just in case.
    About 15 minutes ago, my ten year old niece just started braiding my beard, her face the absolute picture of rapt attention. Her mother tried to get her to re-focus on the cake she (my niece) had been bugging to make, but only got the following as a response:

"I love beards and mustaches." and she continued to braid.

Give her a fistbump for me

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    man what is it with shitty uncles

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    As opposed to shitty aunts, or...?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I have an uncle who is just...beyond belief. He drinks and drives, steals stuff, vandalizes things, makes fun of people, and just generally behaves like a fucking dickhead. And he's a millionaire.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    The only time I have ever seen him shut his mouth was when he made fun of a woman's wig and it turned out that she was a cancer patient.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Well yeah, when you're a millionaire you can do whatever the fuck you want.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I wish I could do whatever the fuck I wanted.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Well you can, you just have to face repercussions for your actions instead of just being able to tuck some bills into breast pockets and walk away.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Well you can, you just have to face repercussions for your actions instead of just being able to tuck some bills into breast pockets and walk away.

See, that's the part I want. Being able to pay everybody off and walk away

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

the algae bloom isn't because of global warming, it's just what happens when you dump raw sewage and toxins into a body of freshwater for decades and decades.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

the algae bloom isn't because of global warming, it's just what happens when you dump raw sewage and toxins into a body of freshwater for decades and decades.

Fertilizer running off into water ways. What could go wrong?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

so it's an act of god then, gotcha

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

so its an act of god then, gotcha

yeah no one could've seen this coming

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »

Not all uncles

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »

I think most people have more uncles than fathers, so statistically you are more likely to get a shitty one.

broken image link
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ... yay global warming!

fucking hell

You know this is so funny because I remember a discussion we'd been having in business class once.

I live in Chicago and as you know we're right next to Lake Michigan.

In the class we were basically talking about dumping and regulations. And then my instructor made some remark about it which caused me to say something like.

"Well, I don't think all of this could be healthy for the fish."

Then he replied somewhere along the lines of "Who cares about some fish." Then the class had a good laugh at my expense.

And if anything that whole class the made me hate the shortsightedness of corporate business even more. And it was the last business course I took.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    J.budz.J.budz. Registered User regular
  • Options
    J.budz. wrote: »
    What's upsetting about it?

sig.gif
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Perhaps Jbudz is upset because the NHL profits so largely off the labors and injuries of its players, and then fails to adequately protect and compensate them for the damage they suffer as a result of their careers?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Perhaps Jbudz is upset because the NHL profits so largely off the labors and injuries of its players, and then fails to adequately protect and compensate them for the damage they suffer as a result of their careers?
    Could be, but I'd like to think better of fellow posters and assume that, in a moment of weakness, Jbudz scrolled down and accidentally read the comments.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Well, I'd definitely hope that's it instead of "Man, why they gotta sue the NHL?", which was my first thought.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.