As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I've done it. I've broken down and sold my soul. Crafted Leeroy and started running zoolock.

Leeroy isn't run in Zoolock, though?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I've done it. I've broken down and sold my soul. Crafted Leeroy and started running zoolock.

Leeroy is run in every deck!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

Leeroy is run in every deck!

Not in my decks!
    I don't have Leeroy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Where's a good place to find card suggestions for beating heroic naxx for someone who can't afford to buy pack often.

low cost decks

decks with just basic cards

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I swear to fuck Alexstrasza makes me more mad than anything else in the world. Ragnaros is a close second.

So fucking broken.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    So someone just beat me by comboing Deathwing with the new Rogue spider. Reusable board clear.

sig.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    So someone just beat me by comboing Deathwing with the new Rogue spider. Reusable board clear.

Well that's terrifying.

• Options
    I'm still salty about the Alexstrasza thing, almost an hour after I lost in a bullshit way while totally ahead :(

I think most of the legendaries really need to be rebalanced or removed, their power level makes the game a lliiiiitttle bit pay to win at the moment.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I've decided not to play ladder until next season now, rank 8 is fine for me. I'm currently tinkering with a mid-range paladin deck I call Naxxadin in casual. Currently only has 2 nerubian eggs in terms of naxx, but I'm going to play around with unstable ghoul come Tuesday.

Pre-naxx it was listed as 2 dark iron dwarves, but Reynad's notes said that Leeroy instead of one of them was the better option.

I don't know what the current zoo list is though, however it's only going to be valid for less than 48 hours until the plague quarter is released.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I'm still salty about the Alexstrasza thing, almost an hour after I lost in a bullshit way while totally ahead :(

I think most of the legendaries really need to be rebalanced or removed, their power level makes the game a lliiiiitttle bit pay to win at the moment.

I wouldn't say most, but a few are overturned. If you're sitting at high HP, Alex is a discounted Pyroblast with a free 8/8 attached to it. OTOH, Nat Pagle isn't exactly ridiculous.

• Options
    If you want a raging erection Thoughtsteal a Soulfire while playing as a Velen Priest.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    My winstreak in ranked is over. I have been pyro-ed and then doomhammered... to my doom.

Not in the same game.

I flew too high! I think one of these seasons I'll actually play daily to see how high I can go... still need more legendaries.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    my brothers in G&T, i am coming to say to you that there is a weekly casual best of five single elimination tourney going on in D&D on sunday nights, and it's starting soon! why not check in, and give the tournament lifestyle a go, and watch the streamers if they stream and jazz

peccavi, i'm lookin at you
    coinage, i'm lookin at you
    D&D people that i know hang out here, i'm lookin at you

check ins
    main thread

@Tarranon‌ totes interested!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Variable I just hit a rank 14 priest called Vari on ladder, first turn play was a Lightwarden. You?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @Variable I just hit a rank 14 priest called Varion ladder, first turn play was a Lightwarden. You?

no, his name is Vari

• Options
    @Variable I just hit a rank 14 priest called Varion ladder, first turn play was a Lightwarden. You?

no, his name is Vari

Ha, that was a typo. The priest was called "Vari"

• Options
    I show him in SC2 but I hope it's him and ORDER YOU TO DESTROY HIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

• Options
    I show him in SC2 but I hope it's him and ORDER YOU TO DESTROY HIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Well, I did win :D

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    If you want a raging erection Thoughtsteal a Soulfire while playing as a Velen Priest.

I MC'd a Maly from a warlock and next turn thoughtstole a drain life for lethal

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I swear to fuck Alexstrasza makes me more mad than anything else in the world. Ragnaros is a close second.

So fucking broken.

I had an Alex but dusted her to make a Leeroy. She never really ended up turning a game around and 90% of the time was just taking up a card draw. She takes all your mana to play, which means your opponent gets another turn of doing the same kind of nasty things he's been doing to you all game if he managed to get you into a position where Alex's special ability made a big impact.

Ragnaros is just below Leeroy in legendaries I hate the most. A free super fireball at the end of every turn, free of retaliation. Since it casts at the end of your turn, at the very least it's effectively an 8 attack charge with divine shield. Okay so there's the random factor, but it's only a waste if there are a bunch of cheap minions are out and those are easily cleared at that point in the game.

Plus not only does he have a kickass special ability, but he's just as strong (arguably stronger) when silenced. An 8 cost 8/8 minion is the same as a war golem. Not too shabby.

I think Rag would be fine if the ability triggered at the start of your turn instead (making him a super demolisher) or he was toned down to something like a 4/8.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    not me! I'm around that rank though, and that is my name

frightening

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    not me! I'm around that rank though, and that is my name

frightening

Guess I killed evil universe Vari then!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I think Rag would be fine if the ability triggered at the start of your turn instead (making him a super demolisher) or he was toned down to something like a 4/8.
    Rag would never be played again if it were the start of the turn, and 4/8 would be a buff because of BGH and shadow word: death. I feel like the people who complain about Rag have never tried playing a bunch of games with him in their deck. The RNG screws you at least half the time.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Rag's 8 attack is a liability, putting him in BGH and SW: Death range.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular

So fucking broken.

I had an Alex but dusted her to make a Leeroy. She never really ended up turning a game around and 90% of the time was just taking up a card draw. She takes all your mana to play, which means your opponent gets another turn of doing the same kind of nasty things he's been doing to you all game if he managed to get you into a position where Alex's special ability made a big impact.

Ragnaros is just below Leeroy in legendaries I hate the most. A free super fireball at the end of every turn, free of retaliation. Since it casts at the end of your turn, at the very least it's effectively an 8 attack charge with divine shield. Okay so there's the random factor, but it's only a waste if there are a bunch of cheap minions are out and those are easily cleared at that point in the game.

Plus not only does he have a kickass special ability, but he's just as strong (arguably stronger) when silenced. An 8 cost 8/8 minion is the same as a war golem. Not too shabby.

Making him a 4/8 would make him even stronger. He'd no longer be a BGH or Shadow Word: Death target.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    But I thought that making him 4/8 would put him out of BGH and Shadow Word: Death range.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    would making rag a 4/8 put him out of BGH and shadow word: death range?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I think making rag a 4/8 would put him out of BGH and shadow word: death range.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Drafted two arenas today, had pretty reasonable decks that I would have been pretty comfortable laddering with...

2-3, 0-3, gg no re. I guess I just suck! My rogue and druid decks were both pretty on-curve and all 6 losses went the exact same way - get immediately outpaced by nothing by endless 2-3 drops and have whatever I play removed efficiently each turn. Does everyone basically draft a ton of low-cost drops and removal now? I'm not gonna lie, I'm a tiny bit salty at not just buying 3 packs and going back to laddering again.

Then again I also must just suck at arena, so ehh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Everyone has bad days in Arena. Sometimes you do well with a crappy draft, sometimes you go 2-3 with a dream draft.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I like when I go 0-2 then 10-2. Those are the best days.

My good warrior deck that went 4-0 crapped out at 4-3 earlier though. Womp womp.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Nothing will ever beat the feeling I get when I drop a Defender of Argus in between both of my Nerubian Eggs against a rush warrior.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »
    Nothing will ever beat the feeling I get when I drop a Defender of Argus in between both of my Nerubian Eggs against a rush warrior.

finally someone using a nerubian egg right. i have seen it dropped in countless ranked and arena games and it's always the saddest panda. i just stomp their minions and face and the egg sits alone.

near the end of the game they'll drop a dire wolf and make a token finally but it's tooooooooo late.

weblord is the best card in that dungeon.

• Options
    Oh man, I just had the most fun game I've ever played in Hearthstone, and it was against a zoolock! I know, crazy.

It was just a great constant back and forth of board clears and responses and counters. The last turn was us both at 3 life, and the warlock didn't have enough taunt to stop at least a 1 damage ping and then steady shot.

Total blast. Reminded me of really close games in SC2.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »

finally someone using a nerubian egg right. i have seen it dropped in countless ranked and arena games and it's always the saddest panda. i just stomp their minions and face and the egg sits alone.

near the end of the game they'll drop a dire wolf and make a token finally but it's tooooooooo late.

weblord is the best card in that dungeon.

I think it was mentioned earlier but Egg isn't so hot in an arena deck unless you get the other cards to make it shine.

I'm low ranked so this might only be for my neck of the ladder, but has anyone else seen a lot of Pit Lords in ZooLock decks lately?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    There's a 120% chance every warrior I play until the end of time is going to have a turn 1 coin + Fiery War Axe just ready to go

neat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Does anyone know when the next wing will be available?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    They said one wing per week so hopefully on the 29th.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next wing will be available?

Should be Tuesday.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    There's a 120% chance every warrior I play until the end of time is going to have a turn 1 coin + Fiery War Axe just ready to go

neat

It's amazing how often that happens, isn't it? I feel like it always, always happens. Maybe the odds of an opponent having an axe are the same as the odds of me having a 1-drop in my starting hand, so it just seems like my mana wyrm/cleric always gets axed.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G