As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cell phone chicanery

Captain AwesomeftwCaptain Awesomeftw Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hokay, so- I just moved to Greenville SC, and didn't bring a computer or anything with me that qualifies as a decent communication device. I still have a cell phone on my parent's plan, but it's long distance for all my friends, and is also basically just a piece of shit, doesn't work reliably, and I want rid of it.

Now since I don't really have a GOOD way of getting on them intarnetz and AIM and whatnot, I thought that a pretty logical solution would be to pick up one of those Hiptop/Sidekick things that Danger keeps on cooking up. But the only carrier I've really seen hocking them is T-Mobile, which doesn't provide coverage to the greater Greenville area.

Would it be possible for me to get one through a different carrier with a similar plan (unlimited data and pay as you go phone minutes), or would I be better off getting a different device altogether?

civilwarcherabim.jpg
Captain Awesomeftw on

• Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Verizon has the LG enV, and they are the nation's most reliable network according to the commercials.

lg-env.jpg

Raere on
    Raere.png