As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jeff Gerstmann and His Best Friend Yoshi Present Giant Bomb's E3 Thread

HunteraHuntera Rude BoyRegistered User regular
WELCOME TO E3 FRIENDS

hhQfKuQ.png

I'M JEFF GERSTMANN AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY CLOSE FRIEND

wOmf7ko.png

YOSHI

me and yoshi here, we've been through a lot together

we've dealt with babies

OwxR7x8.jpg

we've told stories

lx83auM.jpg

you could say we've spun yarns

PLSBUtk.png

But enough of that E3 is happening, EA was garbage, Nintendo, Ubi, Microsoft, and Sony all had good conferences

WELCOME TO THE MADNESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyb94ire704

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    whoopzweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

ChicoBlue on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Yoshi is all right.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Please Don't Defend Zero Suit Samus's Look, TIA

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay but really

when yarn yoshi eats another yarn yoshi they don't come out as an egg

so many new questions, what is the deal scientists

uc3ufTB.png
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    okay but really

when yarn yoshi eats another yarn yoshi they don't come out as an egg

so many new questions, what is the deal scientists
    oh no oh no no no no no

no no no

no no no

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    yarn yoshi is a digital monster, a digimon if you will, who is animated by a group of video game developers in japan, and as such does not necessarily abide by the physical earth's conceptions of physics or biology.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

I understand the arguments against it

but I will stand by orange sports suit Samus as what she wears out of combat in climate controlled ship interiors

VRXwDW7.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So, here's what I like about...
    Oh uh, nevermind

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one thing i will say about yoshi

i do not like the proportions he's had ever since yoshi's story

i like how he looks in mario world/yoshi's island way better, where he's got more of a "mount" look to him

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I was hoping this would be a Zero Suit Samus OP

orange sports suits samus is fine as in yeah she wears that in her free time but it's still presented as "hey boys you got a good time in zero mission here's a hot chick"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

I understand the arguments against it

but I will stand by orange sports suit Samus as what she wears out of combat in climate controlled ship interiors

i'm not totally happy with it but it's better

and more importantly she has some semblance of athleticism to her in that design

you are probably the only person here who likes Zero Suit Samus

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    We need to get away from using Samus's body as a reward for players!

Like, sure, reward us by showing us what she's like when she's off work

But don't frame it as a way to show us what she's like in booty shorts because we're good at the game

dN0T6ur.png
    8AErGk9.jpg
    DcU3EV7.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Long story short, Metroid Prime is the best handling of the character of Samus in every way, okay have a nice evening everybody

dN0T6ur.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

i like how he looks in mario world/yoshi's island way better, where he's got more of a "mount" look to him

yeah, it's kind of strange how that design has become the standard

the yoshis in story were explicitly babies

edited June 2014
    what hits me the most about the splatoon designs is how they don't really look... nintendoy

it's interesting to see them put something out that doesn't fit with their general aesthetic

jeff made a joke about it looking like a TV bumper for nickelodeon and it definitely does have a kind of western animation look to it

Speed Racer on
    Huntera wrote: »

you are probably the only person here who

I've seen this directed more often in reference to a UV post than I have directed to anybody else

yoshi is the best, by the way

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Do we have any kind of release date for Splatoon because I need to make sure I have a WiiU when that hits.

Though 99% likelihood of buying one the second I get back stateside at this point.

-Tal wrote: »
    orange sports suits samus is fine as in yeah she wears that in her free time but it's still presented as "hey boys you got a good time in zero mission here's a hot chick"

Which is an argument for all the casualwear Samus has worn for speed achievements

It's not really a level above all those other than showcasing some muscle

VRXwDW7.png
    Kilroy wrote: »

yeah, it's kind of strange how that design has become the standard

the yoshis in story were explicitly babies

especially since as far as i know yoshi's story didn't sell super well

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Do we have any kind of release date for Splatoon because I need to make sure I have a WiiU when that hits.

Though 99% likelihood of buying one the second I get back stateside at this point.

I think it's 2015

what hits me the most about the splatoon designs is how they don't really look... nintendoy

it's interesting to see them put something out that doesn't fit with their general aesthetic

jeff made a joke about it looking like a TV bumper for nickelodeon and it definitely does have a kind of western animation look to it

It all looks like a better de Blob, only as a shooter, and a great shooter at that. I really hope Splatoon succeeds.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    de blob was an underrated gem

wish I still had the soundtrack handy

i like how she looks in super metroid because she looks like she's from american gladiators and it makes me laugh

first half of 2015

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Nintendo saw the skeevist dude on the planet, find wild success from lovingly modelling bayonetta's butt and bust, and decided to follow.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    I like Varia Suit Samus

The "normal suit" (what she has in Prime before she gets the Varia suit) looks really bad

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Splatoon is the tie in video game from a cancelled 90s nickelodeon cartoon upressed to HD

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    -Tal, you have my infinite sympathy for looking for fanart of Splatoon

The internet must not have been kind on your eyes

VRXwDW7.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the whole Zero Suit Samus argument to me? And please frame it with wrestling metaphors, those are all I understand.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Since the last thread got locked right as I asked...

I have both The Witcher 1 and 2 on steam. Are both worth playing or should I just skip right to The Witcher 2?

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Someone asked in the last thread, but If I have both The Witcher, and the Witcher 2. Should I play both? Just 2?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Xehalus on
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    -Tal, you have my infinite sympathy for looking for fanart of Splatoon

The internet must not have been kind on your eyes

hell the concept art in nintendo's video had a naked-looking person covered in slime with a squid head

SenorTacos wrote: »
    Someone asked in the last thread, but If I have both The Witcher, and the Witcher 2. Should I play both? Just 2?
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Since the last thread got locked right as I asked...

I have both The Witcher 1 and 2 on steam. Are both worth playing or should I just skip right to The Witcher 2?

You can skip 1 if you want and go straight to 2, 1 is a little rough in some spots still

Nirya wrote: »
    Can someone explain the whole Zero Suit Samus argument to me? And please frame it with wrestling metaphors, those are all I understand.

Zero Suit Samus is WrestleMania X7

This discussion has been closed.