As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Splatoon (Wii U) - YOU'RE A NEW THREAD NOW seriously go to the new thread

• Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Haha! After the full hour of no games. I am starting my second match. Glad I didn't quit when the hour was supposedly up.

2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    4-0 don't jinx me~!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Come at me, roller scrublords.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
      Time extension? Dammit just left for dinner.

• Options
      KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
      Must be a time extention. Pretty sure last time it kicked me when I started a new round past the end of the hour. Not this time, Four games past the hour now for me.

2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
      Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
      3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
    • Options
      EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
      I think Roller isn't my bag.

• Options
      edited May 2015
      8pm EST is the new end time!

TimFiji on
      • Options
        NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
        I'm in games splat Jr is god tier

a4irovn5uqjp.png
        Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
      • Options
        Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
        I used to Roller all the time.

Now I Shield it up, cause it's too damn funny to Shield right as a Roller approaches.

• Options
        Starting to feel lonely. Matched withpro Japanese players now...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
      • Options
        PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
        Something worth pointing out is that there was only a couple of days of lead-up to the original Testfire. It's possible that many people didn't know about it (somehow) and missed it. There were a couple of weeks this time for people to get ready and prepare. Plus, it's a holiday weekend...

persona4celestia.jpg
        COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
      • Options
        PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
        edited May 2015
        Bubbler is a crazy good special. You need to be ready to back off someone in squid if they might have it up... but it can't paint the world like the bomb spams can, or blow away the enemy team like the Wail.

Polaritie on
        Steam: Polaritie
        3DS: 0473-8507-2652
        Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
        PSN: AbEntropy
      • Options
        persona4celestia.jpg
      • Options
        New record - 1231 points, 7 kills, 0 deaths.

• Options
        OptyOpty Registered User regular
        edited May 2015
        It's also worth noting that the second 6pm rolled around it started working which indicates that it was purely the amount of people trying to get in causing the issues Three Stooges style rather than anything Nintendo was doing on their side (like reducing server count or anything).

Opty on
      • Options
        The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
        They should have played it off as giving the wrong time, because at 4pm and on things are working great :)

Seriously though, they should leave it up for at least 2 or 3 more hours. That would give you a better idea how things will be at launch Instead of forcing people into such a tiny window, it gives people the chance to spread out and join at their leisure. Which is how all multiplayer games are really.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
      • Options
        TairuTairu Registered User regular
        So is pro-controller gonna be a thing? The motion controls are fine but I always forget that I can't look up with the right stick

• Options
        I know I wouldn't mind a remote/nunchuck control option, since it's probably the closest to KBAM you can get. Doubt it's happen unless there's something in the manual about it, haven't looked. I actually like the motion controls.

persona4celestia.jpg
      • Options
        Tairu wrote: »
        So is pro-controller gonna be a thing? The motion controls are fine but I always forget that I can't look up with the right stick

Change the controls

• Options
          Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
          Tairu wrote: »

You can change from motion controls to right stick in the menu (pressing +) in the weapon select screen. And the Pro controller will only be useable in the Battle Dojo (local 1v1 multiplayer)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
        • Options
          PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
          You know what else is cool? Enemy catches you and a teammate in Killer Wail, and right before it turns on, you Bubbler. And shoot them dead, and then it pushes you way back but you both live.

Steam: Polaritie
          3DS: 0473-8507-2652
          Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
          PSN: AbEntropy
        • Options
          Dammit, just lost a round by 0.1% (2 points).

• Options
          Awesome time of gaming. Went 14-1 with lil Jr. Highest points was 1198

• Options
            1289 with splat jr

a4irovn5uqjp.png
          • Options
            CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
            Wow that was a lot of fun. No terrible lag issues either, though it helped being paired with lots of Japanese players. I'll see you all on release day!

Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
            SteamID: FronWewq
            Battle.net: Orange#1845
            3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
          • Options
            SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
            Highest was 1321 with the Splatershoot Jr, blessed it may be.

It's funny that people complain about Rollers, because I find it's the Splattershot Jr that wrecks people.

• Options
            FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
            Played a couple of games, no problem. This is a pretty fun game.

• Options
            edited May 2015
            I don't want to be "that guy" but I consistently scored 200+ more points than anyone and had a 9:1kd ratio. (games were 1000 to 1290p scored)

I haven't been this good at a shooter in a long long time...

Edit** and yes change your sensitivity to -2 or -2.5. It's stable and still allows quick 90 turns. If the enemy is behind you, squid away and require.

NotoriusBEN on
            a4irovn5uqjp.png
          • Options
            Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
            Got to play a few rounds. Don't think it controls very good or gives you very good feedback about if you're hitting or not.

I'll have to think about it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
          • Options
            Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
            Maz- wrote: »
            New record - 1231 points, 7 kills, 0 deaths.

1339- 11 kills, 2 deaths

• Options
            UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
            Knight_ wrote: »
            Got to play a few rounds. Don't think it controls very good or gives you very good feedback about if you're hitting or not.

I'll have to think about it.

What, you mean if you're hitting an enemy in front of you with your shots?

Roller gives extremely good feedback on that front. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
          • Options
            There's definitely little hit sound effects that occur when you shoot someone.

• Options
            MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
            I slept right through the testfire. :(

Well, it looks like I slept through 20 minutes of lag and 40 minutes of fun.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
            Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
            Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
            Steam ID
            Twitch Page
          • Options
            A good roller is a scarey thing to fight. They should no longer just charge anymore, you gotta attack from the sides and from the ink like a shark now. If they get to you, you are done. Not to mention a splash can doublekill.

It is very hard to pursue a roller because you have to ink his tracks or you get bogged down. I definitely recommend sticking with one as a bubbled roller is a gotdamned juggernaut.

If you see them, just fight at distance, backtrack, and shoot their feet, and or roller. You'll gum them up because your ink lands behind their roller.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
          • Options
            ZythonZython Registered User regular
            So I take it everything worked out after the first hour?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
            Steam: pazython
          • Options
            EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
            I keep looking down at match start. Eh.

Can right stick sensitivity be tweaked?

• Options
            StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
            PMAvers wrote: »
            Squid is notorious for being easy to overcook. Do not buy poorly cooked squid snacks!

A good Nintendo Tip.

YL9WnCY.png
          • Options
            Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
            Enlong wrote: »

Yes, by a considerable margin one way or the other. I like it between .5 and 1.5 personally, can't remember what I was using for most of the actual matches but I liked it.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
          • Options
            IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
            Aw man we left to go to dinner after 7 after the misfire and missed actually being able to play against people.

steam_sig.png
            Nintendo ID: Incindium
            PSN: IncindiumX
          • Options
            Enlong wrote: »

Yeah, it's in the options under sensitivity.

This discussion has been closed.