As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The demo for [Super Smash Bros] for 3DS is out now! This thread has untagged SPOILERS

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    imma be every princess.

and samus.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I hope Dunban is also an assist trophy.

Smash needs Blossom Dance.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I need that Yoshi Amiibo.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Seriously.

Kirby in a Mario Kart game.

Who wouldn't want that.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't expect that a game having amibo-related features means that every character with an amibo will be useable in that game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Actually wait, that's probably true.

Damnit.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I don't expect that a game having amibo-related features means that every character with an amibo will be useable in that game

I'm not as sure if they will be entirely present, but instead have impact. like Samus might give you a kart in mario kart or something, but i would gladly be wrong.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I don't think it is possible for me to be more hyped than I am for Shulk as a character, both thematically and mechanically. All his different stances are shit hot, and he's actually a huge bad-ass in the context of his own game, and that trailer is great, and and and
    Also the way they reveal Metal Face is almost exactly the same way they revealed Dark Pit, you guys

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So I guess I should try and get Xenogears, huh.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Hmm. Gonna have to wait and see if developers treat the N3DS like the Gameboy Color or like the DSi.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So I guess I should try and get Xenogears, huh.

Xenoblade - if you go after Xenogears you end up with something entirely else

And yeah, you should

Xenoblade is rad

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Well xenogears may be useful to play as the fifth in an unfinished series in which xenoblade is the second

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Look this is already too complicated I'm going back to the LoZ boards to argue about which timeline is correct.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    xenoblade is probably one of the best games I have ever played but im pretty sure its $$$ now and tricky to find

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'm an idiot for being surprised that Mega Man isn't going to be one of the figures. Guess it's just that I've been considering him one of the biggest things I am excited for in Smash, and Smash being kind of the thing pushing them.

And now I am worried that I'm gonna start just searching for Mega Man figures.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    xenoblade is probably one of the best games I have ever played but im pretty sure its $$$ now and tricky to find

I think the price went down recently. And even if it didn't, there's going to be a port for the upcoming 3DS revision with dual sticks.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I'm an idiot for being surprised that Mega Man isn't going to be one of the figures. Guess it's just that I've been considering him one of the biggest things I am excited for in Smash, and Smash being kind of the thing pushing them.

And now I am worried that I'm gonna start just searching for Mega Man figures.

Rumor is that Nintendo are going to make an Amiibo figure for every character in the Smash Bros. lineup. But that's just a rumor so far.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I think the price went down recently. And even if it didn't, there's going to be a port for the upcoming 3DS revision with dual sticks.

I wont trust for a second that the New 3ds version wont look like butts

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Eeeeh

It's a Wii Game

Like there are 3DS Games that kinda come close to that power already. Resident Evil looked really, really nice.

The only real issue is with how massive it is, not how gorgeous it is

Xenoblade is about the art style not the tech

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well the wii version didn't exactly have the greatest graphics of its generation either

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Playing Bravely Default / P4G / Fire Emblem in the past year or so on handhelds has solidified for me that the platform is surprisingly well-suited to long-ass RPGs. Being able to play a 15 minute chunk of the game and then just put the system into sleep mode makes the whole experience a lot more palatable to me.

The barrier with Xenoblade 3DS, for me, is that I do not want to buy a system for that game when I have a Wii just sitting here, and I remain unconvinced that that version of the system is going to have a broad base of exclusive software.

signature.png

• Options
    Handhelds are basically the perfect JRPG systems, yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    also having to buy the new 3ds model for it kind of makes it more expensive then just getting the game off amazon

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    If you have somehow avoided buying a 3DS, though, then waiting for the New 3DS and playing it there is a pretty great option.

signature.png

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about a new new new 3DS. First there was the 3DS, then the XL, then the 2DS, now this?

• Options
    im too attached to my year of weegee 3ds to replace it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Eeeeh

It's a Wii Game

Like there are 3DS Games that kinda come close to that power already. Resident Evil looked really, really nice.

there are hard limitations to how much detail the 3ds screen can show, it's only 400x240

3ds games can design themselves around that, but xenoblade was already having clarity issues at 480p and now it's on a tiny baby screen

it's just a very odd choice, why not something like super mario galaxy which would probably scale down better

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Eeeeh

It's a Wii Game

there are hard limitations to how much detail the 3ds screen can show, it's only 400x240

3ds games can design themselves around that, but xenoblade was already having clarity issues at 480p and now it's on a tiny baby screen

it's just a very odd choice, why not something like super mario galaxy which would probably scale down better

Japan tends to hate 3D mario games and Nintendo still considers them a primary market unlike literally every other company in the industry not making phone games

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    xenoblade is not exactly a top seller in any region

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Might be that they're hoping his appearance in smash will stoke interest, like what happened with marth

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be any trophies from X? Seems like a good way to get people thinking about that game again.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Might be that they're hoping his appearance in smash will stoke interest, like what happened with marth
    Wouldn't be the first time. Although maybe Roy would be a more direct comparison?

• Options
    Couldn't they fix a lot of issues with Xenoblades clutter by moving the omnipresent menu shit to the lower screen?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You can transfer all your licenses over to a new 3DS, but you have to keep the old one until you have the new one

I got a 3DS when it came out in March 2011, sold it in like, September 2011, then got a 3DS XL in October 2013. I called Nintendo and said "I got a new 3DS but don't have my old one can I get my old purchases back?" and 10 minutes later had access to all my Ambassador Program games.

I was shocked at it, though. I've heard that other people had trouble with that sort of situation. They didn't even really question me. The girl on the phone was like "Oh, you have a lot of games on that account. I can see why you want them transferred."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Its pretty much a crapshoot and depends on who you get in customer service

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Seriously.

Kirby in a Mario Kart game.

Who wouldn't want that.

The Wii Fit instructor doing sweet balancing acts on a motorcycle while driving

• Options
    ZlCfzSZrv4w9Hxp6kh.jpg
    ZlCfzSZrv_c3LVV6jP.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh also,
    ZlCfzSZrwHo3UdAbWs.jpg
    There will be a total of 4 distinct Villager models for both lady and dude Villagers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    YES!

THE LIGHT SUIT!

I NEED IT!

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.