As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stealing a [chat] right out from under your feet

19495969798100»

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I don't really give a shit about most Wing Commander games, but you should all make sure that you own the Privateer games since they are on sale. They were so good...

man, WIng Commander 1, 2, and 4 are boss as hell

Was wing commander 4 the one where you could lose the whole game by way of full motion video choose-your-own-adventure at the end?

that was bullshit.

Yeah and then you just reloaded your save, no biggie. The whole last mission was one fight against one dude and then the big FMV sequence. And it was rad! You were Mark Hamill walking into Space Court going NO! IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG! AND I BROUGHT PROOF! and everyone's all GASP!

I had like fifty boners

I got shot for treason!
    It was like they shot all my boners.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    AHH SUMMER SALES

NOT a good time to be unemployed. :(

Office blocks Steam store, ahhhhhhhhhhh.

The Steam sale hasn't started yet, it's going on at gog.com though...

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I just learned that Gygax used the 4d6 drop the lowest as a house rule. Excuse me, I need to go slap the shit out of some grogs.

that is awesome

everything Old Geezer has ever said about Gygax and Arneson makes them sound about 1000% less grognardy than the dudes who worship them and constantly WELL GARY WOULD HAVE BLAH BLAH BLAH

Pretty much.

The thing that few people realize is that "the way" people played old-school D&D varies wildly from any of the surviving texts. It seems pretty much a universal sentiment by the non-grognard community, that AD&D, as played by the book, was not particularly fun.

Ron Edwards has a great essay explaining what the early days of the hobby looked like. Happy ti link if you're interested in digging further.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    i really hope that movie ends with, the star just having won the debate against the evil prof, him coming back to his girlfriend's dorm room to tell her he couldn't have done it without her

and she's just getting fucking plowed doggystyle by that bigshot tycoon guy and/or the black dude in the band

like, just fucking going to town on her ass

camera just holds it for like, two minutes

dude's totally grimacing at the camera

roll credits

and then, music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

I've always liked that song, but it's so fucking late 90's it hurts.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    "This. Is a bucket"
    "Dear god..."
    "There's more"
    "NO."

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Page 100. The showdown begins.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    hey guys lets all be friends and play diplomacy

i'm really enjoying this article http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy-the-board-game-of-the-alpha-nerds/#fn-2

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'll spoil God's Not Dead for those interested.

- Sorbo's angry militant atheist became what way after his mother died, and he dies in a car wreck at the end, but not before repenting.
    - Evangelical kid converts half his class.
    - I puke.

...did they finally make a movie out of that dumb internet story of the kid proving the existence of god to his professor?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    @desc place #12938 we're going in out time machine

10346306_718240174906036_3808983270283742549_n.png

@podly changing the oil in the DeLorean now

Checking tire pressure

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    6lH2C1X.jpg

Sasha is such a pretty girl

6nqlc3H.jpg

pony

pony no

stahp pony

stahp

come down from there

20090309.png

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I just learned that Gygax used the 4d6 drop the lowest as a house rule. Excuse me, I need to go slap the shit out of some grogs.

that is awesome

everything Old Geezer has ever said about Gygax and Arneson makes them sound about 1000% less grognardy than the dudes who worship them and constantly WELL GARY WOULD HAVE BLAH BLAH BLAH

From what I've read from Gygax's comments it seems like he found the whole Cult of RAW/People who us Gygaxian without irony to be kinda weird and just not getting it.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    David Hood, a North Carolina attorney, arrived at the 2014 World DipCon opening ceremony driving a yellow Cadillac and wearing a seersucker suit. He arrived with Mrs. North Carolina, a beauty queen in full tiara and sash, in tow.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Vanguard wrote: »

that is awesome

Pretty much.

The thing that few people realize is that "the way" people played old-school D&D varies wildly from any of the surviving texts. It seems pretty much a universal sentiment by the non-grognard community, that AD&D, as played by the book, was not particularly fun.

Ron Edwards has a great essay explaining what the early days of the hobby looked like. Happy ti link if you're interested in digging further.

please do!

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @zagdrob will create the new thread
    @Casual is backup

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    i love scout's townie accent

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.