As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons]Franklin Mint Snowglobe dragons guaranteed to increase in value.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    They should probably turn off comments on pdx dungeons. All comments are now in the form of at (time) I do (action) and pretend I'm (object).
    Sandalphan with Anubis/Athena went great until I got to Raphael and couldn't make more than 7 combos for 5 turns.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    And now the Unicorn keeps converting all my heart orbs to light orbs and then killing me. I should have stopped while I was behind.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Those Unicorns are awful for anything that needs specific colors. If you don't have the colors you need when the board loads you are pretty much screwed. Nice that they are the first floor. :(

38thDoE on steam

• BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    I don't really like Kirin or U&Y for this dungeon because of that. Anything that requires specific colors is too prone to getting trolled on the first floor. Kirin/U&Y only have 68% activation rate on a completely fresh board. Losing ~1/3rd of the time before even moving an orb isn't too fun.

Combinations of Horus, Bastet, Isis, and L/L Ra actually work out pretty well, although with L/L Ra if you can't kill one on turn 1 they'll change too many orbs to light for you to activate again. Healer teams are fairly popular too because they're giving you the orbs to kill them with. If you have Thanatos and a delay you can get a dark team (devil, Pandora, etc.) past Raphael and his dark absorb.

• TalithTalith ๅค‰ๆ…‹ใจใ„ใ†ๅใฎ็ดณๅฃซ Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Thanatos pisses me off. How can you have such awful stats?? Have you no shame? They gave you a uvo with +1000 HP and it still isn't good enough to beat a toy dragon stat-wise.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I don't really like Kirin or U&Y for this dungeon because of that. Anything that requires specific colors is too prone to getting trolled on the first floor. Kirin/U&Y only have 68% activation rate on a completely fresh board. Losing ~1/3rd of the time before even moving an orb isn't too fun.

Combinations of Horus, Bastet, Isis, and L/L Ra actually work out pretty well, although with L/L Ra if you can't kill one on turn 1 they'll change too many orbs to light for you to activate again. Healer teams are fairly popular too because they're giving you the orbs to kill them with. If you have Thanatos and a delay you can get a dark team (devil, Pandora, etc.) past Raphael and his dark absorb.

I'd use my Healer team, but I just don't have quite enough health to tank hits with it. Ironically, that's why I want a Sandalphon in the first place!

• BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'd use my Healer team, but I just don't have quite enough health to tank hits with it. Ironically, that's why I want a Sandalphon in the first place!

Almost feels like the old old days when people wanted to get Zeus but it was easier to run Zeus once you had a Zeus. Pairing your healer team with a Sandalphon lead works pretty well to get past HP breakpoints but I dunno how common maxed out Sandalphons are. They're rarely ever put up as leads, at least on my list.

I ran this team the first time Sandalphon came around. It can get a little dicey when you need to really pump out enough damage though. I'm skipping pretty much everything to get Ra skill ups this time around but eventually I'd like to farm/skill up Sandalphon. When I do I'll go devil team with Thanatos and delay instead cause I think it'd be my most consistent option.

Bullhonkie on
    Yeah I should probably be focusing on ra skillups myself. Not sure why I want to do sandphalon.

38thDoE on steam

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ouch, the one time I try to use a lower level autohealer (thanks mudzgut), there's a super invade the first floor. Thank god it's only every other turn, so I could always be able to grab heal orbs

EDIT: actually, I'm not sure why I'm stoning supers anyway, my only gold person I use semi-regularly is kirin, who only needs this snowglobe

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Kinda rage stoned at Sandalphon, then threw a few more stones at Super Golds.

Brightside: Now have an Awoken Sandalphon at lv 45

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Was there some sort of special +egg event going on today that I was unaware of? I got 15 +eggs today just grinding on Oceanus Falls, maybe 18-20 runs total.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Really tempted to try Batman Master's... but I'mma scared....

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    10 super gold runs. Could've used about 100 more, but Kirin's essentially maxed (will level to 99 when I uvo her), so that's nice.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Forgot to run supers, played Destiny Beta instead.

I regret nothing. ._.

I'm seeing double? Two Super Times a day?

38thDoE on steam

Oh man Check out Thor.

OPbLtY9.jpg

Looks like they saw the new female Thor and decided now was a good time to match it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Took two stones to get Athena, though I got one back for clearing. I ran a dual Bastet healer team and had a tricky board set-up at the point where I wanted to activate King Shynee, so I stared at it and stared at it and figured out what I wanted to do, did it... and realized I had never activated King Shynee. Oops. Had a fat-finger again after that, but was able to clear it and get the gold egg.

Now to figure out what to actually do with her...

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    I suppose that's female Loki in the back?

38thDoE on steam

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Was there some sort of special +egg event going on today that I was unaware of? I got 15 +eggs today just grinding on Oceanus Falls, maybe 18-20 runs total.

5x +eggs on techs is all I saw.

Friend convinced me to run Athena. I need to stop burning stones. I'm done until Heroes so I can staple some levels onto thr monsters I have. Too many sitting in their 40s.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: ยป
    Oh man Check out Thor.

Looks like they saw the new female Thor and decided now was a good time to match it.
    Maybe it is a reference to the Poetic Edda? In one tale, I believe Loki and Thor cross dress or transform into women to save Freyja from becoming a giant's bride.

ETA: I'm pretty positive that they are referring to that tale, because it looks like Thor is wearing a white veil (he is the one who pretends to be Freyja) and some magical cloak is also involved, I think.

Eta #2: http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/coo/coo16.htm

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    Let them use whatever excuse they want, they don't need to justify to me another waifu.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    So after being sick of hearing that term and not knowing what it really means I looked it up.
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/waifu
    Apparently its puzzles and wife??
    I still don't understand.

38thDoE on steam

I just took it to mean "anime girl"

• Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    When I looked it up awhile ago because I wasn't fully sure. It talked about how when asian people call their spouse "wife" with the accent and what not comes out "waifu" and continued on from there.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    edited July 2014
    It's just internet slang for the female characters you prefer over others in games and anime, generally from a Japanese entertainment medium. Some people focus on only one, others collect them, whatever.

It's something you take light-hearted or tongue-in-cheek otherwise shit gets creepy.

edit: As for why it's Puzzles and Waifu instead of Puzzles and Dragons, consider how many dragons are actually worth using vs how many of the female cards are (plenty of awesome looking guys as well)

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Hmm, you'd think I'd pick up on more internet slang for the amount of time I'm on here.

Now on to feeling sorry for myself:
    Sandphalon Running totals:
    Unicorns 200 Stamina - 3 Kirin 1 Anubis/Kushinda
    Raphael 100 Stamina - 2 Anubis/Kushinda

38thDoE on steam

Yeah I was annoyed about spending the 4 stones on that dungeon yesterday... If I did not get the Kirin invade I would of quit on the spot.

Seems to be a lot of hype over the new ultimate for Raphael with him on a healer team, which I guess I can see why.

LMeta/Lmeta leads, Raphael, Valk, Sandphalon, Echidna.

My issue is I don't want to use my golden keeper on him and than the week after it they release the ultimate for Fallen Lucifer.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    My issue is I don't want to use my golden keeper on him and than the week after it they release the ultimate for Fallen Lucifer.
    I hear that. Baal takes an Angelit, so he might take a Devilit, which is why I'm holding off on switching my Haku uvo. That and leveling a replacement for her on my fire team. I'm guessing they raise his ATKx and lower his RCVx.

ContentContext on
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I was annoyed about spending the 4 stones on that dungeon yesterday... If I did not get the Kirin invade I would of quit on the spot.

Seems to be a lot of hype over the new ultimate for Raphael with him on a healer team, which I guess I can see why.

Raphael has some dumb awoken skills. Also I'm starting to get the feeling that everyone has godfest exclusives except for me.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

I'm still looking for my first Odin and I have a Ronia on the tablet account I use sparingly.

• FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Since light XP is so scarce, I've been so focused on getting that that I now have 5 light level 99 monsters and 3 non-light level 99s.

My collection of level 99s: Kirin, Apollo, Angelion, Zeus, Valk, Echidna, Hera-Is and Byakko.

steam_sig.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man Check out Thor.

OPbLtY9.jpg

I have a Thor.

I hope the leader skill becomes "Dat ass."

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    woo hoo! 200 day bonus! more fodder for indian gods 2.0

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights

Raphael has some dumb awoken skills. Also I'm starting to get the feeling that everyone has godfest exclusives except for me.

Yeah that is how I was feeling about him, and a full board of 30 light orbs only counts as 1 row enhance.

My only godfest exclusives are... Green Odin, Green Odin, Green Odin, Light Meta, Green Odin, Light Meta, Green Odin.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    Oh man Check out Thor.

OPbLtY9.jpg

I have a Thor.

I hope the leader skill becomes "Dat ass."
    Female Loki is clearly enjoying it.

Last night I was thinking about how crazy a team of...

Ultimate Athena/Ultimate Athena, Ultimate GrOdin, Ultimate Verche, Ultimate Izanagi, Green Sonia.

Was thinking Sonia + Verche would turn full board green/light, athena would plus full board, Izanagi would double the attack... of course with this team would be better to match 4 orbs instead of 6 for the dual-prong bonus attack.

Only issue with this team is Green Sonia is not an god so would not be buffed by any of this.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    Last night I was thinking about how crazy a team of...

Ultimate Athena/Ultimate Athena, Ultimate GrOdin, Ultimate Verche, Ultimate Izanagi, Green Sonia.

Was thinking Sonia + Verche would turn full board green/light, athena would plus full board, Izanagi would double the attack... of course with this team would be better to match 4 orbs instead of 6 for the dual-prong bonus attack.

Only issue with this team is Green Sonia is not an god so would not be buffed by any of this.

Maybe 1267.png?

edited July 2014
    I'm assuming you don't have her, but that team uses Meimei + Verche instead of Sonia to do exactly that.

In my case I have Meimei but not Izanagi, so the team for me is usually Athena / Athena, Izanagi, or Bastet, GrOdin, Verche, Meimei, and then either Sakuya for the gravity or LMeta for more RCV and the bind removing heal.

I hope they do address Izanagi's leaderskill because he is problematic to pick considering the 80% requirement and Athena's team usually having awful RCV.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I don't have meimei, izanagi, bastet, or Green Sonia... have Athena, not ultimate.

0 Egyptian Gods

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    So today is a monumentous day, my first REM pull has finally come full circle, as my first Max Level monster, F/L Horus. All hail the glorious flaming chicken.