As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons]Franklin Mint Snowglobe dragons guaranteed to increase in value.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Got my VoG, Metatron up to level 73. I guess the idea of a Metatron team is that you can tank just about anything so long as it can't do more than 12k damage in a turn, or 24K if you team up with a 2x2?

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Got my VoG, Metatron up to level 73. I guess the idea of a Metatron team is that you can tank just about anything so long as it can't do more than 12k damage in a turn, or 24K if you team up with a 2x2?

Yeah. You can run into the problem of enemies with 1-turn counters, keeping you below the HP threshold, but her active helps to deal with that.

Since I run an Ame team, staying above 50% hp is important, which is why I'm considering adding Himiko to the team. 2 turns of damage reduction seems really helpful, plus she has good stats and is already awoken. Actually, she's a healer type, so she could do well on a Metatron team.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    You can use that info to transfer to a new device but think you need to set you account for xfer beforehand.

Yeah, apparently. I sent GungHo a support request, but no response yet. Hope they can recover it. They wanted all kinds of shit -- a list of my top 5 used monsters, my exact rank, the last few dungeons I ran, and a screenshot of me buying gems. What the fuck?

Yeah, I did the same process. At a minimum, you don't need the screenshot since I didn't have one.

You do need to have purchased stones though.

By the end of it, did your ID change? I.e., am I going to have to redo my entire friend's list?

My ID was exactly the same and so was my friend list.

Well, they sent me an email asking me to change my in game name. Did so. Do I need to email them back saying I did?

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Can't hurt to email them back saying you did.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Ran Super Golds 6 times last night, regular golds 3 times. First 4 runs of supers got me 2 supers & 8 kings. Last two runs netted me 2 kings and nothing else.

Used all of them to feed to Takeminakata, they are now sitting around level 50 in evolved stage.

I want Fallen Lucifer Ultimate :(

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Hera-Ur get!

Team was Ronia/Ronia, Baddie, Lilith, Vamp Lord, CDD

Had to one stone because i'm dumb. Got a huge skyfall on the very first turn and almost killed both ogres. Knocked the one down below 50% so it was going to kill me on its turn. Stalled as long as I could on the gold dragon, then messed up on Ifrit when I completely forgot about his status shield and didn't poison him when I had the chance. Got him down to 6hp then ran out of orbs and died. Finished him off next turn and then Minerva/Hera-Ur were both 1 shots.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm debating the merit of more than one HeraUr. Not that I have the free Stam to run anyway....

Need to get a dub-myth so I can evo my Valk and pump her full of dragons and evolved Pengdra.

I'm starting a new 20-stone threshold policy to try to rein in my recent stone burns. I've managed to get all the way down to 17 stones thanks to metal and gold supers.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Yay, I got Hera-Ur too! Only rank 99, so I can't use her yet but dammit I wanted to try a descend!

RSonia, Rsonia(friend), Duke Vamp Lord, Lilith, Baddie, Red Ogre.

Sadly it took me three stones, however I don't mind because I consider it valuable learning experience. Lost one stone right at the start. I retried the dungeon because I used several 5 orb attacks on the first ogres and they both went below 50%. Oops. Lost another on the second fight because of no heart orbs. I had to spend one more on Minerva because I fat fingered it. Doh.

The team I used was pretty good. I would love to get dark joker dragon from the REM so that I have a heart maker in the future. And when I rank up a bit more, I can replace the ogre.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I said 'fuck it' and fed my other mech dragons to Hadar today to ultimate evolve him. And something weird happened. Before you ultimate evolve him, he has two awakenings (and he had those). After he's ultimate evolved he has 4. The weird thing was that when I evolved him, he had all 4 awakenings.

So maybe you can awaken monsters to higher leves of awakening than they have awakenings. And then when those extra awakenings become available, you get them for free?

I honestly can't remember how many Hadars I fed him when the mech dungeon was around. But he's skill level 2, so I've probably fed him some.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I said 'fuck it' and fed my other mech dragons to Hadar today to ultimate evolve him. And something weird happened. Before you ultimate evolve him, he has two awakenings (and he had those). After he's ultimate evolved he has 4. The weird thing was that when I evolved him, he had all 4 awakenings.

So maybe you can awaken monsters to higher leves of awakening than they have awakenings. And then when those extra awakenings become available, you get them for free?

I honestly can't remember how many Hadars I fed him when the mech dungeon was around. But he's skill level 2, so I've probably fed him some.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30401998/#Comment_30401998

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OK. That makes sense. And I'll have to remember it. That might come in handy some time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You can move orbs diagonally!

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »

Yes, you can!

Though it's much easier on a tablet than a phone.

• Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    I ran supers a bunch last night. Got my venus maxed from 70 ish and my Sandalphon up to 67

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Yes, you can!

Though it's much easier on a tablet than a phone.

I can get it to work once in a blue moon on my phone but yes in theory you can move them diagonally in practice its hard.

• Options
    Also can try and use a stylus to help...

I have been saying I was going to buy one to make my comboing better and have never done it yet.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I don't go into descends without a stylus.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Nice to get red supers twice today at a time that fits me. Red Sonia is going to love that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thinking that I am going to try Hera in a couple of days. I'm going to go the CDD / GrOdin route. It'll take me an hour, but certainly will be safe.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I can put my odin up when the time comes... should be easier with all the auto-recovers now.

Might still want to check about how much you will need to heal per turn on Hera, she attacks every turn.
    Also do you plan on poisoning Neptune or armor break + odin nuke?

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    I can put my odin up when the time comes... should be easier with all the auto-recovers now.

Might still want to check about how much you will need to heal per turn on Hera, she attacks every turn.
    Also do you plan on poisoning Neptune or armor break + odin nuke?
    A fully-awoken Odin should provide enough healing by himself.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Well now you made me look it up and do math lol...

She hits 12,354 per turn... 80% + 50% means she does 1,235 per turn.

So yes my Odin that heals 2k a turn would heal enough.

Hades hits for 82,133 every 6 turns. So you need to have above 8,500 health & 1 odin would heal to full within his next attack.

So back to what subs will you be bringing? and how do you plan on killing neptune?

Edit: Apparently I am dense, I have been using calculator to do the math of what 80% + 50% leaves you for damage, after posting and re-reading a light bulb came on how the damage done is only 10% damage. Than I realized how 50% of 20% is 10%...

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    So far my subs are Vamp Lord and Lilith (poison). Not certain who to put in the last slots. I could bring Ronia and a Baddie for some burst damage. I could play it safe with a keeper of rainbow and siren

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So far my subs are Vamp Lord and Lilith (poison). Not certain who to put in the last slots. I could bring Ronia and a Baddie for some burst damage. I could play it safe with a keeper of rainbow and siren
    If you make it to floor 5 with 100% HP, you will be literally invincible. Bring something that can help you on the first four floors. Short-cooldown nukes would be useful; Keeper and Siren, probably not so much.

edit: okay, literally invincible as long as you bother to make at least one match each turn to activate auto-healing

Billmaan on
  • Options
    From the looks of it, after wave 4 you have zero reason to need a Siren or Rainbow Keeper.

So really just bring your best monsters to do more damage to speed up the dungeon... only upside a RK would bring is the first 4 rounds if something is synced together and you do not kill one of them off and lose Odin's leader skill.
    (this is also why they say stall on every round, so you can use skills to start next wave to kill off all synced monsters to be 100% safe)

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Billmaan wrote: »
    If you make it to floor 5 with 100% HP, you will be literally invincible. Bring something that can help you on the first four floors. Short-cooldown nukes would be useful; Keeper and Siren, probably not so much.

edit: okay, literally invincible as long as you bother to make at least one match each turn to activate auto-healing

You can always die to fatigue. Take breaks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    OK, I'll bring some monsters for damage instead of survivability. I'll see what else I have with good damage low cool down skills.

I really appreciate the advice!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    One of the, like, three cases where a neptune is actually useful!

(I kind of want to pull for a Persephone, but I can't really use any of the other godfest monsters, maybe next time)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

(I kind of want to pull for a Persephone, but I can't really use any of the other godfest monsters, maybe next time)

Can't Odin just punch through his defense with Gungnir these days?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Can't Odin just punch through his defense with Gungnir these days?

Depends on how much +atk he has. A fully +ed-out Odin would still only do about 18k after armor, though.

• Options
    Dark/Light golem + odin will still kill off Neptune.

Guess now you could also do a Baron + Odin to kill off neptune.

Was waiting for some comment about Hera in the old days, needed to bring 2 sirens and a RK if going to do resist/odin team to live. Before all this auto-recovery nonsense. lol.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I use Light Golem + Green Samurai Dragon actives for Neptune.

• Options
    Hrm, there's a thought. I could bring evoed black knight.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Finally got my damn S-Rank on lightless devil. Copperhead + masks + uvo GOdin friend.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Finally got my damn S-Rank on lightless devil. Copperhead + masks + uvo GOdin friend.

Now do the batman S rank and post the winning team!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    What's the best way to S-rank something?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Take a team of one star monsters, make a ton of combos each turn, and win fast.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    What's the best way to S-rank something?
    Use monsters of minimum possible rarity. For lots of the "easy" special dungeons, that means bringing a 5- or 6-star leader, four 1-star evolution masks, and a 5- or 6-star friend leader. Kind of dumb, but hey, free Tamadra!

(For example, I S-ranked last event's dark knight dungeon using a Ghostring leader, four masks, and a GrOdin friend. I pretty much just had to clear the dungeon for a guaranteed S-rank.)

Of course, this won't work for more difficult dungeons, like the Batman dungeon. Aside from using teams of low rarity, you also get points for clearing quickly (i.e. few rounds, not "real time") and consistently getting high combos.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    Worth noting: evo masks are terrible, slimes and fey creatures or whatever they are called are better. If you manage I think ten plus combos average or more that's something like 300k points or something crazy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Nice rolled 3 times got a light golem and the Viking looking green dragon special guy, and the new green Bird guy. Blue has officially become my weakest color, greens not looking so bad.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.