As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    You lot need to start sending some of your newfangled fancy chocolate milks up this way.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    You lot need to start sending some of your newfangled fancy chocolate milks up this way.

Weren't you the one that said you still get Classic Chocmilk up there?

• Options

Yeah, but I lost that boasting right when they changed the recipe last year. It tastes gross now.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Sydney people.
    Where the good bagels at. Don't need stuff on them, just want to be able to buy good bagels.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Well, my local IGA doesn't seem to have this grumpy farmer brand at all. A shame.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sydney people.
    Where the good bagels at. Don't need stuff on them, just want to be able to buy good bagels.

Don't you live near that bakery that has a queue running around the block most mornings?

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Sydney people.

They sell decent bagels at Costco, but only as 2 6-packs of your choice. They keep going bad before we can eat them all. :(

工事中
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Yeah, but I lost that boasting right when they changed the recipe last year. It tastes gross now.

:'(

• Options
    theSquid wrote: »
    Sydney people.

Don't you live near that bakery that has a queue running around the block most mornings?

The queue comes and goes, normally only takes a few minutes to get served for me.
    This is what the internet has to say about their bagels though: "Whilst these were bagel shaped, they were crispy and appeared to be more sourdough based baked round rolls that boiled bagels due to their texture."
    Scathing review.
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Sydney people.

They sell decent bagels at Costco, but only as 2 6-packs of your choice. They keep going bad before we can eat them all. :(

Yeah I'd waste like 10 of that dozen then feel super bad.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Sydney people.

The queue comes and goes, normally only takes a few minutes to get served for me.
    This is what the internet has to say about their bagels though: "Whilst these were bagel shaped, they were crispy and appeared to be more sourdough based baked round rolls that boiled bagels due to their texture."
    Scathing review.
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Sydney people.

Yeah I'd waste like 10 of that dozen then feel super bad.

Bring them to work!

broken image link
  • Options
    I didn't eat breakfast this morning, so I missed bagels. This is why I want a bagel.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Proper bagels are civilisation. I was very sad when the bagel place in Rozelle shut down.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    I will admit this.

I've never had a bagel. Ever. Not once.

Fantastic
  • Options
    Toasted bagels with chick pea spread and fried halloumi

Ring shaped heaven

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    There is a stall at the Fremantle markets which sells some pretty damn good bagels. No help for you easterners but meh.
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Well, my local IGA doesn't seem to have this grumpy farmer brand at all. A shame.
    The choc milk and coffee milk aren't even on their website yet so maybe it's new and will filter through. You might even need to ask. The website says they are sold through IGAs so keep looking, it's worth it.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bagels freeze real well. We always used to bulk buy bagels from the bagel bros when I was growing up.

(That's damn near a tongue twister)

• Options
    Beth buys bulk bagels at bagel bros beside bill's butcher, brings em to beatrice's birthday.

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    Did she use biddy botters butter on them?

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Unlucky wrote: »
    I will admit this.

How.... unlucky

AM I RIGHT GUYS!

YEAH!

yeah

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Bagels are doooope.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Choice, bro!

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    (Sorry)

LIES

• Options
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    a friend of mine asked me where to buy a gaming PC in Aus from. Since I build mine, and I'm unfamiliar with locations to buy PCs from in Aus, much less gaming ones, I have no idea what to tell her. Do you fine folks have any suggestions?

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Generally pc case gear has the best prices.

But he should also ask locally for any stores near him.

• Options
    A complete system? .. Also no idea, I build mine too. I would probably start by googling around to find the system (or at least a general idea of specs) thatis desired, then hunt for that.

• Options
    Oh yeah.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/ has an Australian section too. I am unsure of how good it is though.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    If you know exactly what you want, MSY has things for cheap. But they are basically a warehouse with a counter to buy things from, and are notoriously unhelpful if you don't know what you want.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they do sell complete cases, tho

• Options
    Great, now I'm itching for a new rig. Where's good for bits in Perth, or hahahaha just order online?

• Options
    newegg has started shipping stuff to Aus, so you might be able to get some bits there.

I can come up with specs no prob, I'll take a look at the ones you guys mentioned

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Last time I bought through PC case gear and Austin for the SSD.

• Options
    Looks like there's an MSY in Fyshwick - I'll send her there with what to get. thanks!

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Sydney people.

Montreal

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    If you know exactly what you want, MSY has things for cheap. But they are basically a warehouse with a counter to buy things from, and are notoriously unhelpful if you don't know what you want.

I have noticed that over the past couple of years, at least at the North Melbourne one, they have started actually providing... service. Like customer service and advice.

Without rolling their eyes or getting shitty at people, too.

I was pretty taken aback.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The way I bought my last four systems was to source a list of parts through my own independent research then give the list to the nearest computer store. Typically they charged anywhere from $30 to $50 to order it all, throw it all together in a case for me, and call me a week later or so to come pick it up.

It's not particularly difficult to assemble machines, it just gives me peace of mind that if a component fails, I don't have to fuck around contacting manufacturers and shipping stuff back. The shop gets to do that. easily worth the small cost.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Golden God Tef picked all my parts because I am hardware illiterate, and then I bought them all on Scorptec who assembled it for me. Their prices are pretty good and their internal cabling work was amazing!

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    AJR wrote: »
    Unlucky wrote: »
    I will admit this.

How.... unlucky

AM I RIGHT GUYS!

YEAH!

yeah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Fantastic
  • Options
    On the topic of PC stuff, this may intrigue those who're into Pi.

This discussion has been closed.