As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Well chums, looks like I've got morning shift Enforcing at PAX again! I'll be free after 1:30 each day (and I will likely go and get lunch immediately if people want to hang out for a bit then!)

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I have 3 exams in 4 days. What do I do.
    I can't keep the entire subject matter of 3 classes, none of which are bullshit, in my head :sad:

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I've had three exams in two days.

It's not the best, but you just devote the previous week to sharing time and you do prestudy before each exam.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I have to admit this year has gone very well for me (Engineering Pathway course) but starting Engineering proper next year is intimidating. I enjoy my downtime, even if it's not much but the next 4 years will have very little of that.
    A big "wait and see" I guess, I definitely have more respect for engineers now. Even a hedge engineer would have had a mountain of resolve in their schooling life.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You'll be fine, Blunts. Just avoid smoking too much of yourself, you have a deleterious effect on the conversion process of short term memory into long term memory. I know quite a few engineers, and you are definitely smarter than many of them, so it's not like you lack the intelligence to smash the exams and be a great engineer.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Australias best classic car show is on in Melbourne this weekend. I will be in Melbourne next weekend. I am very disappointed to learn of this.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Speaking of car shows, apparently the Top Gear dudes are doing a thing in town here at the moment.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    I have 3 exams in 4 days. What do I do.
    I can't keep the entire subject matter of 3 classes, none of which are bullshit, in my head :sad:

That sucks. I've got 2 on the first day of exams, but the rest are spaced out, thankfully. :(

工事中
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    R.I.P. Gough Whitlam, the coverage on Triple J remembering him was pretty good.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I've got 4 major assessments due on the day I leave for PAX. I have no idea how im going to do them before then. Im a goose.

If i fall asleep at the dinner my apologies in advance

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I've got a 3000 word essay, and a 2500 word assignment due on the 31st. I'm 1351 words into the first one. Should be good.

• Options
    My assignments all got finished super smoothly. Finished my last report at 1pm and me and my partner were kinda dumbfounded as to what to do. SURELY we'd forgotten something right?

So we got super duper drunk

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I've got a 3000 word essay, and a 2500 word assignment due on the 31st. I'm 1351 words into the first one. Should be good.

That's only 4149 more words to go! Or 415 words per day! You can do that!

EDIT: me do maths bad

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I've got two 3000 word ones, and two 2500 word ones. It's not so much the word count but the fact I have no fucking clue about any of them. Yarg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad I don't have to do essays. Just a whole lot of C and Matlab programming.

... :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I'm glad I don't have to do essays. Just a whole lot of C and Matlab programming.

Haha oh lord, my biggest assignment to date was a Matlab Program + Report that stretched to 25 pages. It was some true devil shit that I wouldn't wish on anyone

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The monthly printed an excerpt from mungo maccallums book on Whitlam. How have I never heard this quote before?
    "What can I do for Tasmania? What can anybody do for Tasmania? I mean, the place is fucked."

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular

Write more C it rules.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Good luck with your exams guys!

I just started at art school, and today they were describing the final exams from the British school of art until the 1950s. The questions were something like 'accurately draw a man serving a tennis ball from imagination, then draw the skeleton of the same pose, carefully rendering every joint, then draw the pose again illustrating all the muscles, ligaments and insertion points'. Pretty intense stuff.

Flay on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

That's only 4149 more words to go! Or 415 words per day! You can do that!

EDIT: me do maths bad

Man, phrasing it like this actually make me kinda worried.

I got this, though. I can do this.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    One of the Robert Khoo Pinny Arcade pins is just a big golden dollar sign, awesome.

• Options

Write more C it rules.

I will admit that I've learned a ton about memory because of C.

Mostly that I am terrible at managing it.

工事中
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I am starting to get legit pumped for PAX you guys.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I am not yet pumped because I have about a gazillion other things to get pumped about between now and Melbourne!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I'm probably going to get properly pumped tomorrow when I start packing, since I fly over on Friday.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Where are you going to Ben?

Europe?

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Not going to PAX this year.

Pretty siphoned.

broken image link
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Europe?

Obviously.

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

Europe?

Obviously.

My apartment shares many qualities with Europe, yes.

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

Europe?

Obviously.

My apartment shares many qualities with Europe, yes.

Small, cold, filled with astonishingly beautiful women?

• Options
    No bordering on collapse due to excessive spending.

• Options

Write more C it rules.

Write more C++ it has helpful STL memory management things! (I use them sparingly.)

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Write java, the language that helps find employment for mediocre software developers such as myself.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It was literally described as such by one of my third year lecturers way back when.

• Options
    My lecturers said a lot of things. I mostly slept in class.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • Options
    You can make Java super fast, but you have to massage the JVM to the point that, why would you bother and I'm pretty sure it loses its portability.

• Options

Write more C it rules.

Write more C++ it has helpful STL memory management things! (I use them sparingly.)

I'm not sure how much C++ is used in signal processing, though. C is kind of an industry standard, to my understanding. :(

But, I'm also getting pretty excited for PAX! Mostly because I have 3 assignments plus a short presentation due Tuesday and Wednesday.

工事中
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I wouldn't be a good judge at all. I guess you're stuck with it then :rotate:
    The code I write is, super fucking niche and I mostly just need sound business knowledge about what is a good / bad idea or high / low risk.
    Writing clean code helps too I guess. I spent 12 of the past 20 months working on what I imagine is some of the worst code good developers have ever produced.

E: I want to take this moment to bitch about the fact that somewhere in MSVC libs there is something along the lines of #define GetMessage GetMessageA. So now I have to add #undefs to file so they build on windows for people who like the visual studio debugger (it is good I won't lie).

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My lecturers said a lot of things. I mostly slept in class.

Haha that's right, you actually went to class.

broken image link
This discussion has been closed.