As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    nah r+j is fantastic if it's taught well. i always maintain my favourite shakespeare play is whichever i'm reading at the time, but i have a special soft spot for what r+j is doing. i will have an opportunity to do both of those texts though (plus macbeth and othello for the preliminary critical study)

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    R&J is a good start. The kids know the story, so reading the language is easier when you know what's happening.

But then go through to something more. like Taming of the Shrew, or Merchant of Venice or something. King Lear is a fun read.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Or you could read Othello and watch some authentic Shakespearian DRAMATIC DUNKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiq_FE5dmWI

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The Christmas spirit is here again.

spoilered for a lack of seasonal sensitivity.
    20141218.png
    .... and is residing in my chest freezer.

I'm constantly bewildered at this time of year by how we drape ourselves with the chimera of a northern winter.
    It is apocryphal to me and I am left dreaming of an age to come when perhaps we will be strong enough to invent our own myths.

Merry summer siesta season to you all.

edited because I can't embed comics like I used to.

EmbraceThePing on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Kenneth Branagh much ado is the gold standard for adaptations

though casting Keanu was probably a serious error in retrospect

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I couldn't stand Kenneth Branagh Hamlet in high school. Every line ended with HM?!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Hi guys. Quick sidetrack, since I expect most people will ignore the PAX Australia section for a while.

Do you like Acquisitions Inc, but don't have the money to go to Seattle or Boston and see it live? Want to bring it closer to home?

A few of us would love AI to head to Aus, but as Jerry said this year, the biggest thing people at East did was ask for it. So we are trying to organise Aussies here in this thread. Step one is just to see if there is enough interest. Step two is likely pestering WotC.

So if you'd like to see AI in the jet-lagged flesh, say so.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    For anybody keeping track, both residency and work visas have been turned in to immigration. FBI paperwork showed up finally and everything is in.

Now, we wait.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Speaking of PAX, 3 day badges are 50% sold.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What is acquaintions Inc?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's the Penny Arcade D&D group, isn't it?

• Options
    Acquaintances Incalculable?

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, I didn't really see one, but I wasn't really looking, so I might as well ask. Was there an Australian Christmas thread?

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    At any rate, I hope y'all had a great time.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I was staying at my Dad's house and we still had about a fifth of a pavlova left at the end of the day

And it wasn't going to keep and I couldn't take it home so I soldiered on and ate the whole thing

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I just went quad biking for the first time.

P fun guys.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Quads are super rad.

Hi5

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Madrid is beautiful, you guys. And the locals are super lovely.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    you're in madrid!?!?!

is that in... europe?

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    you're in madrid!?!?!

is that in... europe?

Unclean! Unclean!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I was staying at my Dad's house and we still had about a fifth of a pavlova left at the end of the day

And it wasn't going to keep and I couldn't take it home so I soldiered on and ate the whole thing

You brave soul. We are kindred spirits, you and I.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    you're in madrid!?!?!

is that in... europe?

Oh god no. I'm in Madrid, Queensland.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Who'd ever want to go to Europe anyway?

• Options
    Not me!

(I absolutely love it here and I don't want to go back ever :/ )

• Options
    Right, speaking of PAX [cus we all was], I got my tikkit.

Cheers bros. See youse at the shindig. Werd up to all of those particular paradigms.

• Options
    Happy New Year, AussieKiwi thread!

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Happy New Year, Hava!

Happy New Year, other friends! (all of you)

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Sydney folk, I'll be at Three Weeds in Rozelle from 4pm tomorrow, come drop in and I'll buy you a beer should you feel up to it. They do good foods there also. Likely to be around in the larger back bar area. PM me if you want my number in case of can't finding me.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I won't be there, so if you could just send me the money for that beer, that'd be great.

• Options
    Goddamnit Aaron.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What happens on the bus does not stay on the bus.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    mostly Nick, we're mad you lied to us

</3

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    We aren't mad.

We are just disappointed.

About the lying AND the other thing.

• Options
    I hate you all.

• Options
    I'm reasonably sure I never said that nothing happened, just very carefully never admitted what did happen.

But if I did actually say that nothing happened, then I am a lying liar that lies.

I offer up the tattered shreds of my dignity by way of apology.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Lies of omission are still lies!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    My favourite kind!

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Lies of omission are still lies!
    Kincaid wrote: »
    My favourite kind!

Fucking lawyers...

<3

This discussion has been closed.