As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Court is exhausting, you guys

even if you are just sitting and watching

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    You on jury duty Lala?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Nah.

He's on trial for grand theft.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Of people's hearts.

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Big fire right between work and home. Hope i don't have to detour too far round to get home tonight.

Ed, oh and don't forget to post us all the details of the court case lala so we can all help you decide.
    That's how it works, isn't it?

EmbraceThePing on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Internet went down yesterday at about 2 in the afternoon. Checked Telstra's website, nothing there. Checked about 4 hours later to a nice message saying "Possible outages in your area,
    services are expected to return at 6PM on the 25th."

3 days of downtime with absolutely no prior warning is total rubbish.

Presumably it's not intentional, so no chance of warning, but it's still balls. I guess that something in an old piece of kit died, there was no redundancy there and it's so old and out of support that they have to replace it with something current, hence three days to find a backup/documentation of the configuration/someone who's been around long enough to know how badly out of date the backup/document is, purchase the replacement kit and then get it configured and put it. At which point it will work, and no one will document the new configuration. Might get lucky to have a redundant pair put in though.

For companies that trade on their networks, telcos are the worst at actually maintaining and updating them.

'Sup?

bg_Telstra_copper_1-20131120153953701572-620x414.jpg

And the government wants to use billions of taxpayer dollars to buy this shitshow back from Telstra...

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Well, remember how about halfway through last year, I posted the thing about getting woken up to go an pick up my younger sister at 2 in the morning?

Well, today we had the court case where her ex boyfriend is being charged with assault and breaching an AVO. Only got through the prosecution's case, so we've got to wait a few months before the second part, where the defenant has to testify, and where the whole breaching the AVO thing gets decided.

My sister sat through a pretty shitty cross examination where the defence was saying "no, you are the crazy one, and you assaulted him. Him punching you in the face was just self defence." She did really well. Amazingly, actually.

But the whole thing is up in the air, and we won't know for a few months.

• Options
    Ugh.

That's gross. Glad your sister handled it ok.

• Options
    EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Jesus Christ with a tyre lever!
    It's crazytown out there atm.
    Who was the mastermind who decided to disgorge the contents of the freeway onto Rockingham road at this hour of the day, just because there is a totally out of control bushfire crossing the freeway!?!
    Pfffffffft.

Mind you i got to ride up the middle of the car park like a king so that was good. 8)

Hope it goes well for you and your sis lala and badly for the other guy.

EmbraceThePing on
  • Options
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Just picked up all 17 Command and Conquer games for $10. Nostalgia incoming.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    Nice.

Red Alert was my jam.

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    the menu music for red alert 2 was my jam

• Options
    also every cutscene in red alert 2

glorious glorious terrible fmv, how i miss you

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    FMV is the best. Joe Kucan (Kane) is wonderful and no one can match him. Not even Tim Curry or Billy Dee Williams. He was even able to make the crappy cgi scenes in Tiberium Sun awesome.

C&C 1: "...yes, 'power moves quickly in the Brotherhood of NOD'."
    Tiberium Sun: "Kane! Lives! ...rule of thumb, Hassan, you can't kill the messiah."

I'm not sure what was so special about C&C but so much of it is still so cool. But the music and the FMV are the high points.

• Options
    I also really liked whoever played Tanya in Red Alert 2

SHAKE IT BABY

takei was great in RA3, especially in the behind the scenes vid where they zoom out the camera and reveal the entire time he's wearing these hilarious sneakers while dressed as the Emperor of Japan

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Well I broke my wrist, how was your day?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    It's not actually that bad, just annoying.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I woke up, so definitely not optimal.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Jintor wrote: »
    I also really liked whoever played Tanya in Red Alert 2

SHAKE IT BABY

takei was great in RA3, especially in the behind the scenes vid where they zoom out the camera and reveal the entire time he's wearing these hilarious sneakers while dressed as the Emperor of Japan

Forgetting the Commando from the original CnC

And that was left handed!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    OK, wanking jokes aside, how did you manage that?

• Options
    OK, wanking jokes aside, how did you manage that?

Just a tumble on my bike. Banged my knee, scraped my elbow and broke my wrist. Literally not another scratch on me.

• Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    I'm on my way back to Australia for a few weeks. Perth for a bit, then Melbourne.

• Options
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Leonard Nimoy is dead.

Fuck this last week. Fuck it to hell.

Edit: Well that juxtaposed nicely against the sig. Anyway, sorry, we had a death in the family too.

pimento on
  • Options
    107/9 Australia just falling apart

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    How did I not know about this thread? @chrishallett83 please add me to the OP, NSW.

Anyway, just returned home from having inner ear surgery. I sat up and got changed at the hospital and it seems some left a tap on because my ear unloaded a mass of blood all over my clean clothes.

Now I'm in bed marathoning a few movie and tv series while my fiancée feeds Ma ham, cheese and tomato toasties.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    there's a lot of yelling coming from our neighbours.

is something good happening with the cricket?

• Options
    The Australians lost a lot of wickets all of a sudden and are all out for around 150. We are sitting at seventy something with three out.

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm learning about cricket.

This is intense.

I think.

• Options
    How did that turn into a cricket match?

• Options
    We did the thing!

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Making hard work of the lowest possible target, but thank Aotearoa for Kane Williamson.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    I didn't realise it was a public holiday in Perth tomorrow. What are people up to?

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    After about 600 kms of back and forth between Carnegie and Shepparton, we are officially moved in!

• Options
    I didn't realise it was a public holiday in Perth tomorrow. What are people up to?
    It's labour day so we all wear our "better red than liberal" t-shirts and march on the means of production and try to seize it from the oppressive bourgeoisie.

Then about lunch time we go to the beer garden, drink craft beers and listen to bands you haven't heard of yet whilst wearing scarves and decrying our degrees.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    It's labour day so we all wear our "better red than liberal" t-shirts and march on the means of production and try to seize it from the oppressive bourgeoisie.

Then about lunch time we go to the beer garden, drink craft beers and listen to bands you haven't heard of yet whilst wearing scarves and decrying our degrees.

Sounds good, where are you going to be tomorrow arvo?

• Options
    I'm heading up north of the river in the morning to visit my mum but I've not planned for the arvo.

• Options
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Awko wrote: »
    After about 600 kms of back and forth between Carnegie and Shepparton, we are officially moved in!

One more person for the Melbourne meet-ups that never actually happen woo

I blame @Kincaid.

This discussion has been closed.