As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

StarCraft 2: The end of an era... Flash decides to move out of the Kropulu Sector. =(

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    in case you thought there was a direction you couldn't tech to become immune to terran aggression

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Great finals for WCS AM, especially in contrast to the EU blowout earlier in the day.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Can someone link me to the Bomber games?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Pro league finals are in a little less than twelve hours. I won't be watching live, still gotta catch yesterday, but go go maru

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Oh Korean tournaments, how I love thee. No ridiculously late starts for this guy!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    yeah my biggest issue with getting into PL is that I can't find spoiler free vod links. I got through liquipedia and they don't even try.

so I end up only watching games where I know the T win.

speaking of terran this last weekend was amazing

and on TL they talked to some (non korean) pros. all seemed to agree any terran issues are early or lategame so making the proposed changes solves nothing.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    Great finals for WCS AM, especially in contrast to the EU blowout earlier in the day.

Tempest = counter to 1 base gold floating, every n00b knows that

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    making it seem silly that anyone ever died to that

Variable on
  • Options
    @Kambing‌

new mech keyboard hotness? I've used leopolds for a while (2 of em from elitekeyobards) but I need a new one and they no longer sell leos

• Options
    I found an Australian website that will sell me a leopold. I have loved these and really didn't want to have to find a new one so I am glad to stick with this. yaaaaaaay

oh and Red Bull Battlegrounds is starting today. lots of no names vs pros but may still be fun. and as it goes on it will get moreso. bomber is there! he just said "red bull gives you wings"!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    When do games start?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    games are happening right now. it's almost ro8 and there are still some no names so it's not the highest level tourney but games are games

qxc vs desrow about to start here http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day[9]

toodming in game 2 vs livibee http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/redbullESPORTS

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    @Kambing‌

new mech keyboard hotness? I've used leopolds for a while (2 of em from elitekeyobards) but I need a new one and they no longer sell leos

My Filco broke a while ago so I use a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid: http://amzn.com/B007VDKLLM. Actually have two --- one at work and a home --- since they run so cheap (~$80).

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Superb article, lots of attention to detail, about the state of sc2 re: terran

pretty much dead on. everyone ought to read this. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/460550-welcome-to-zparcraft-ii

watching red bull battlegrounds, too!

Variable on
  • Options
    teamliquid is looking for writers! I'm gonna try and get something together in the next day or two. that'd be cool as hell!

violet making qxc look... like a foreigner. semi finals are shaping up to be Bomber vs Violet and Polt vs Huk

(omg a tvt final is likely. all it took was no korean based players.)

• Options
    Red Bull Bomber wins the Red Bull Battleground!

as it should be! <3

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Wow, The International totally overshadowed Red Bull for me, I didn't even know it was on.

Also @Variable that is awesome, I hope you become a TL writer!

• Options
    evo was this weekend too. crazy couple of days.

honestly it wasn't a great sc tourney as far as skill level. if you were gonna miss one this wasn't a bad one.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Scarlett in the wcs am qualifier just now
    teamliquid.net/video/streams/wcs_america2

• Options
    IEM and Code A on right now! more code a later, iem should be on for a few hours, first of 2 groups just started.

I am up late doing homework because I am lazy and swam and watched movies after class. won't be up for late code a games for sure, hoping to see some innovation at iem

• Options
    wow, we are hearing the chinese client apparently. you can't hear everything that well but a marine just died...

the scream was horrific.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Is this IEM going through our EST weekend?

I'm finally on my second-to-last airport (of 8 total) in the last 3 weeks... soon home to a proper computer to get some game on.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jeez @mmmig, that's rough

I believe after tonight the final 8 are decided so yeah it should be going through the weekend. if they start when they're supposed to you don't even have to stay up super late, apparently they had issues last night

I really like what red bull tournaments look like. lots of american flags. very cool.

roddy "did you know in the wol beta there was a guy on the european server named ThorRush and every game he would thor rush"

made me laugh

destiny loses to ruff, acts like an asshole. in case anyone was wondering if he was the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Petraeus got pretty beat up by Suppy in the Red Bull qualifier :/

Edit: Scarlett tiem!! Missed the first game though :(
    Edit2: I like the chatting between players in this tourney

Panda4You on
  • Options
    DH Valencia is on! (Basetrade also streaming)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's insane to me that anyone planned a tournament during The International Main Event weekend. Hard to compete with that for eyeballs.

• Options
    dreamhack has starcraft
    iem has starcraft and hearthstone

it does seem crazy but I guess this is a prime weekend for eyeballs.

so alright, dreamhack hits top16 and we have 2 terran, bomber and yoda (who beat forgg in tvt to get through groups, very impressive from someone we don't see much anymore). but imo bomber is def a finalist in this, likely against either stephano or a korean protoss (First and stardust, of whom I favor First). either way he has a real shot to win yet another tourney. Some really fresh names in this tourney, it's AWESOME. locals, etc.

IEM! ro8 (starting RIGHT NOW GOGO) features teaja and innovation. the latter of which is my high hope but he has to get through solar and San or Jim (probably San but Jim has been great here, he's getting better, Chinese player). Snute is the other foeigner through, pretty cool. Taeja is up against Zest who is just probably too good and may win this tournament (I'd say he's favored against anyone but maybe San in the final... I can't judge San, he always does better than I think he will)

terrraaaaaaaaan

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    @Variable you are the best

was bored and then i saw you post that crafty stars is on now \o/

• Options
    Wow. Taeja with a winner's interview in English. The times are a changing.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It's always great to see Koreans trying to do English interviews. Even if they're bad at it and get the translator to step in, it's awesome.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Two really strong games from Snute there. :^:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Snute!

edit... Jaedong!

Variable on
  • Options
    just had one of those awesome feeling moments in a game

scouted 4 hellions in a tvt opening with my reaper. made 1 mine and sent it north of my base (on the path on deathwing). he flew right into it. nnnnnf.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Wow... Solar....

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    solar speaks really good english! wow.

edit - I thought this and dh were ending today because there's nothing for tomorrow listed on TL but I guess it's just not there yet. iem ends tomorrow night, I may just watch taeja and then sleep (def if he loses anyway). then DH will pretty much run while I'm at work but I'll watch what I can, probably get to see the end.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Uuuuh, are the snail tracks behind Infestors a new thing?

Edit: Also, have Stephano given up on his "all SH, all the time" strategy? :)

Panda4You on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    nope.

• Options
    I fell asleep early in ro

apparently they ARE finishing this all today so my initial interpretation was correct. DH does always seem to end on saturday rather than sunday though. ro8 happening currently, they took a break or something.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    First off it's cool to see Smicks doing interviews.

Second, wow most of the Korean players speak great English. It's great to see them coming out of their shell.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling