As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

StarCraft 2: The end of an era... Flash decides to move out of the Kropulu Sector. =(

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Bah, turned it on just in time to see things wrap up.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Where are all the Terrans at? ZvP, PvP is zzzzzzz....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Serral really was on fire last night and it would be great if he could keep that steam up! A foreigner zerg able to stand up to the korean level of play would be quite welcome. :)

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm glad there's some SC2 events popping up, as I enjoy watching events with casters more than individual players streaming.

Funnily enough, I've been watching a ton of DOTA2 lately, so I'm pretty much acclimated to games taking 30-60 minutes or so as a standard (especially if I don't fast forward through the character selection process). Games taking 10-30 minutes (or less if cheese'ing happens, because it's 'fon to due') kinda threw me for a bit there, but when I get a solid BO3-7 going it basically starts working out again, in terms of my expectations.

Heh, with the extra workers with the next expansion, perhaps we'll get cheesed games down to 2 minutes flat. 15 minute BO7, BAM.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I think this was posted here ages ago but it's still awesome.

A TON of Sci-fi space ships all put next to each other by scale.

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-Spaceships-398790051

You can see how big the Zerg Leviathan is compared to the mothership, carriers, different classes of battle cruiers.

GG NO RE

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The turns in this goddamn major/polt series in the IEM qualifiers! :O

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Guys Snute vs MarineKing is starting soon for the IEM World Championship Qualifier. Dont get why it auto-embeds but whatever.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Day9's.... latter years:

(from his stream last night)
    giphy.gif

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    eat shit morrow

• Options
    Is that some game from the 90's?

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge. Made in 2010.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    PAX is this Friday!

Blizz panel at the crack of the morning where you have to wake up 4 hours early just to get INSIDE the con center while it's still closed to barely make the already-long line outside the venue.

Are we expecting any LOTV reveals at this PAX?

I know for some of the other Blizz games there are some announcements being made.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Are they streaming it?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Day9's.... latter years:

(from his stream last night)
    giphy.gif

Oh hey its nathan explosion

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Are they streaming it?

I can't recall what thread it was, but @ForceVoid , the Blizzard PAX East panel will be streamed live.

From the Hearthstone page:
    The entire discussion will be streamed live on one of the official PAX Twitch channels, so be sure to tune in.

www.twitch.tv/pax/profile

ed: pardon the cross-post

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'd expect some Overwatch news and very little, if anything, on LotV.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    They're going to announce the new Hearthstone campaign and definitely Overwatch (since that's the image they show in the HS page). Also very likely some Heroes of the Storm stuff with Valla coming up and some more beta info. Possibly public beta date.

As for LOTV... I mean, it's very possible something might get announced.

That's a lot of stuff to be talking about in their one time-slot though... we can def hope they announce more terran and protoss nerfs though.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I feel LotV is till on the level of "everything we've planned and announced so far will get scrapped tomorrow because... reasons" so I can't really manage to give a shit about it until it's two months away from release.

• Options
    Is it possible that the team that's designing it is being stretched thin by other projects?

I think the Heroes of the Storm team is the same as the SC2 team?

I know Dustin's been on the Heroes front quite a bit...

aka Heroes of the Storm soon to feature never-before-seen destructible rock functionality.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I wouldn't expect much LotV stuff until Blizzcon, but I've been wrong before!

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    @Variable will want to check out tonights GSL. MMA is on fire.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Hey SC2 thread, should I buy this game? I loved playing RTS games, I played WC3, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2. Is this game worth buying? I see it's on sale for 9.99 on amazon.

• Options
    If you love RTS games then I'd say yes, especially at $10.

Is that $10 for the first SC2 release? (Wings of Liberty)

Or just the latest expansion? (Heart of the Swarm)

Or both?

Both are good single player campaigns, though the expansion's is really good.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    $10 a piece for each on amazon! Pulling the trigger!

Edit: should have been faster! Heart of the Swarm is out of stock, but wings of liberty is on the way.

jjae2123 on
  • Options
    That's certainly a good price and you'll get your money's worth out of either campaign.
    Not having the expansion will limit your multiplayer options though, but you'll get the full experience if you play with someone having the expansion in a lobby.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

3clipse, your avatar makes me sad now. :(

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

3clipse, your avatar makes me sad now. :(

"That kills people Carl!"

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Holy shit @Variable DAT GAME 6

• Options
    OK, so those of you going to PAX East this weekend or who are in the general Boston area.

@Kambing is a decrepit old man and has no plans for Sunday night after the con ends.

What say we give back to our old folk and all meet up with him for dinner?
    Not necessarily at or near the con, as this is more a PA meet up rather than a PAX thing.

I'll scrounge the thread for those that posted they'd be around like @Yillias (and I know @PantsB might be game) and such.
    (bring a 3DS if you have one)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I'm afraid I work noon to 8 on Sunday. I could head into Boston after that, but I don't know if you guys will still be around that late.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    SorC wrote: »
    Variable will want to check out tonights GSL. MMA is on fire.

Can someone tell me how to watch these (in Korean would be perfectly fine), or do I just need a subscription?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Ill be watching this at work tomorrow if time allows. Hyped to find out what they will add then remove from LotV! New units? Old units? No units!? WHO KNOWS!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @invictus I think I saw an ad that said if you subscribe to GSL's youtube channel you can watch all the videos on it for free. normally it requires a sub but I guess since the season is almost over they're letting people catch up. assuming I understood correctly.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Stats vs Maru, semis of the SSL. Prettttty sick. Links are under semifinals.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-tournaments/119948-small-sc2-vod-thread?page=32#623
    Maru is a god of TvP. Game 6 in particular made my protoss heart hurt for Stats.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    The other semi final is good as well, I happened to wake up way early and caught some before going back to sleep (snow daaaaaaaaays). Dream vs life.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I believe Mrs PantsB needs to work Monday morn but we'll make something work

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm afraid I work noon to 8 on Sunday. I could head into Boston after that, but I don't know if you guys will still be around that late.

I don't fly out until Monday AM so I'll def. be up for stuff pretty late into Sunday.
    I think it's about an hour for you to get into Boston, right?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Still think you all need to fly out to vegas some weekend and keep me company. It's much warmer out here :)

• Options
    Still think you all need to fly out to vegas some weekend and keep me company. It's much warmer out here :)

First you need to get IGN back on that eSports scene and host another tournament in Vegas.

I think their losses where in the $5,000,000+ range, so you might want to start a kickstarter.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »

I don't fly out until Monday AM so I'll def. be up for stuff pretty late into Sunday.
    I think it's about an hour for you to get into Boston, right?

Yeah I'd get into North Station around 9ish.