As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Marathon 2016: The Mushroom Awakens

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited May 2016 in Games and Technology
background5.jpgbackground5.jpgmario-brothers-character-personality-match-quiz-main.jpgbackground5.jpgbackground5.jpg

Mario Marathon is coming back during the Summer of 2016! Tune in June 24th, the event will be streamed live.

Watch a few brave souls battle into the wee night hours playing Mario games for charity. Fast food, peanut butter and jelly time, and the fail hat are all part of MM tradition.

All donations will be going to child's play, a charity that helps kids in the hospital play video games while bed stricken.

Donators will have their chances to win consoles, video games, t-shirts and more.

background5.jpgbackground5.jpgbackground5.jpgbackground5.jpg

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Anyone going to be watching the stream? I already have a comic edit ready to be posted.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I will more than likely check this out before work tomorrow for at least a bit.

Every time I've checked in with these they have always been pretty entertaining.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Of course I'll be tuning in. It's my fourth year watching it and it's always been loads of fun.

Hopefully they'll be able to play more levels than last year.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    My favorite years were when they were crazy enough to do all the blue coins in Super Mario Sunshine. The first time they did it was a rude awakening but they persevered and accomplished it. The second time was a donation challenge they didn't think we would reach and they paid dearly for it. It's unfortunate they have capped Sunshine's playtime, but I don't think their sanity can take another solid week of Mario games.

• Options
    MM7 is Live.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Hopefully they can get to 500k $ total this year. That'd be pretty fantastic.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    These guys are getting their asses handed to them on Rainbow Road.

Down to their very last life right now. Its been pretty brutal since I started watching.

Edit: GAME OVER! Looks like they might have it immediately coming back though.

Rehab on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ouch, second third game over within getting two stars.

I've noticed that I keep expecting the red coins to disappear like they do in the NSMB series.

Rehab on
  • Options
    One of their final goals is Champion's Road in 3D World. That..might take them a while.

• Options
    They're giving away a limited edition 3DS at the moment. Donate in the next 45 minutes and you've got a chance to win it.

• Options
    And now they're giving away a Wii U! Donate at least 5 dollars in the next hour and you could win one.

• Options
    If only I had the 5$ to give.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Well, the guy who won the Wii U yesterday basically gave it back, so it's up for grabs again. So until they beat Champion's Road, every donation of at least 5 dollars gives you a chance to win a Wii U.

• Options
    MM is back! Updated main post to reflect the upcoming stream.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet anything that they still suck at performing wall jumps.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    It's streaming them playing it now, except the date up the top says June 20th. Are they simply streaming an older marathon?

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    Looks to be a test run, yeah.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Okay I'm glad I didn't miss it. I came in last year on the final day and I was disappointed. When I opened it up today I thought I did it again.
    Oh you're right - I checked their twitter. I don't normally do twitter so I never think to do that. They're doing a test run.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    I have a comic edit I made back in 2015 still on my computer waiting to be submitted still.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Sweet, a birthday marathon stream!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The stream is Live.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Already raised $6600 for Child's Play! Glad to see these guys doing it again.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.