As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You've Been Dancing with Mr. [chat]stone

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shiv, why do you tell me horrible things.

I don't tell you about taxes.

Everyone needs to know about how beautiful the world is.

ANYWAY RISK OF RAIN TIME

OR BAYONETTA

SOMETHING GAMEY because my face hurts and electro sucks.

Electro?

Its where you insert a needle down into the hair follicle and electrocute the sucker.

v1_607---Luke-fried_HR.jpg

?????

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    So I now own FTL and Rogue Legacy

so basically I'm going to feel like I suck at video games for quite a while now

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

Boy and I are dawing over your puppy right now.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    that dog has a hard life

It was storming outside when I took that picture. He was more than a little scared.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Castle u r attractive guy

Sry @BEAST!‌ I waz looking at another dood on the internet

suk it beast

or should i call u LEAST! hehehehe

HAY U DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT MY MANZ U WANNA FITE PRETTY BOY

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    o man that workout was the best I'm so tired and sore but i also think i did shit my shoulders don't like uh oh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Kana's post jogged an unrelated thought loose in my noggin'.

One clash that I see coming, and which I think will be very interesting to watch (if incredibly frustrating), is the rightwing appropriation of the language of privilege theory.

Think of how various subgroups of the right started using bizarre-world versions of the language of civil rights protest. Stuff like "reverse racism", calling feminism sexist, anti-male bigotry type argument etc...

I think that George Wills calling being a victim of sexual assault a "coveted status" or some such shows the right is kind of clumsily groping around for a defense to arguments based on privilege theory. I think it's only a matter of time before we starting hearing from fox news and Republican elected officials about minority privilege and trans privilege and the erasure of the personal experiences of the white man. I can just imagine Chris Christie calling out his attackers for using Tone Arguments. All those finely honed rhetorical weapons picked up and (mis)used by the liked of Glenn Beck and Limbaugh.

going to be interesting times

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    So I now own FTL and Rogue Legacy

so basically I'm going to feel like I suck at video games for quite a while now

FTL isn't thaaaaaaaat bad, but yes Rogue Legacy is going to kill you a lot. You'll find some cool classes. Unlock the spelunker ASAP so you can go on treasure/money runs.

• Options
    Someone tell me that I'm a pretty girl.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    speaking of OITNB

it's really weird

there's one ad for season two on a bus route i go past every day

and not a single ad anywhere else

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    loaded like a freight train

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I could not use the leg press at the gym because for some reason they only got one and it was lined up around the block by girls in black shiny yoga pants. They know what makes the booty go whoa.

• Options

You pretty, gurrrrl

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    flyin like an aeroplane

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I still haven't seen the Edge of Tomorrow.

I think I want to read the book, first.

Its really good (the movie)

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Yoga pants are really comfy.

That is why they are wearing them.

They also make you look fantastic.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So who is going to win the first round of [chat] betting?

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    o man that workout was the best I'm so tired and sore but i also think i did shit my shoulders don't like uh oh

you shouldn't really be sore right after a workout

i would ice them down.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

The house.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    hmmm

crack an egg into a pot of frozen veggies y/n?

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

You are the prettiest girl. Were I not already balancing a full plate, I would take you in a womanly fashion.

It would probably involve tea and cookies. Maybe going for a walk in the park and playing video games.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

tu eres una mujer bonita

• Options

I am a gentleman so I only glanced at ONE booty. Then I stoically did my workout while staring into the distance like I'd been in the Great War.

• Options

I'm about 9 hours off

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »
    speaking of OITNB

it's really weird

there's one ad for season two on a bus route i go past every day

and not a single ad anywhere else

There is an enormous video ad in front of Penn Station in NYC. ads have been really heavy here

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I would make the joke post about how everyone looks good in them, but no.

I live in Orlando.

People vacation here.

It is horrible

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

One clash that I see coming, and which I think will be very interesting to watch (if incredibly frustrating), is the rightwing appropriation of the language of privilege theory.

Think of how various subgroups of the right started using bizarre-world versions of the language of civil rights protest. Stuff like "reverse racism", calling feminism sexist, anti-male bigotry type argument etc...

I think that George Wills calling being a victim of sexual assault a "coveted status" or some such shows the right is kind of clumsily groping around for a defense to arguments based on privilege theory. I think it's only a matter of time before we starting hearing from fox news and Republican elected officials about minority privilege and trans privilege and the erasure of the personal experiences of the white man. I can just imagine Chris Christie calling out his attackers for using Tone Arguments. All those finely honed rhetorical weapons picked up and (mis)used by the liked of Glenn Beck and Limbaugh.

They already do all of this

"CHRISTIANITY UNDER ATTACK!"

"WAR ON CHRISTMAS!"

"OBAMA ONLY ELECTED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!"

etc.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

suk it beast

/me cries

It's OK..you two have a nice life together

/me goes back to his bell tower

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

you shouldn't really be sore right after a workout

i would ice them down.

its mostly like.. the pump

only been like 30 min so still pumpin/tiredness

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    There are things you can do in yoga pants which you cannot do in any other kind of exercise clothing without showing off wayyyyy too much.

• Options
    also my shoulder has like a torn labrum or something so que sera sera

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST! wrote: »

suk it beast

/me cries

Nuu I'm defending ur honor

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I agree that this will happen

because it already does

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »

suk it beast

/me cries

Nuu I'm defending ur honor
    Motherfucker you LOOKED at another man and found him ATTRACTIVE....I see how it is....

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

The house.

[chat] betting?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh‌

So I've been listening to Ken and Robin talk about stuff podcast and they've got some great stuff. I'm listening to them describe a time cop kind of campaign built around the idea of making sure Nixon doesn't get his acceptance letter to the FBI. Which is upon reflection neater then it sounds. But they had also been discussing introductory adventures and having them reflect how the system should be played which was pretty cool.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    what is RoR

Risk of Rain maybe who knows it is impossible to know : (

• Options

They already do all of this

"CHRISTIANITY UNDER ATTACK!"

"WAR ON CHRISTMAS!"

"OBAMA ONLY ELECTED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!"

etc.

those are the kind of things I mean by their last-generation attacks. Based on appropriation of language and arguments from civil rights movements from the 70s and 80s.

The next-gen attacks will be fiendish. Wait until Fox News pundits start using terms like "intersectionality".

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

You are the prettiest girl. Were I not already balancing a full plate, I would take you in a womanly fashion.

It would probably involve tea and cookies. Maybe going for a walk in the park and playing video games.

tu eres una mujer bonita

HOW DO YOU BOTH KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE

• Options
This discussion has been closed.