As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2014 Parties

• ReenieReenie Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    RE:
    ....♦ 5pm Second Annual Pre-PAX Sky High Tabletop Play Benefiting Food Lifeline
    ......@ Columbia Tower Club, 701 5th Ave 76th Floor, Seattle, WA, 98104
    ......Ticket/Cost: $45+ (Buy Online) Print Prior To Arrival
    ......Age Restriction: 21+; possible dress code

It would be good to include that the ticket price includes dinner. Perhaps:

......Ticket/Cost: $45+ (Buy Online, dinner included) Print Prior To Arrival

And there is a dress code - no sandals, sportswear (caps, beanies, etc), or shorts. Cosplay is encouraged!

(And thanks, Hingo, for the add!)

Reenie on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Reenie wrote: »
    RE:
    ....♦ 5pm Second Annual Pre-PAX Sky High Tabletop Play Benefiting Food Lifeline
    ......@ Columbia Tower Club, 701 5th Ave 76th Floor, Seattle, WA, 98104
    ......Ticket/Cost: $45+ (Buy Online) Print Prior To Arrival
    ......Age Restriction: 21+; possible dress code

It would be good to include that the ticket price includes dinner. Perhaps:

......Ticket/Cost: $45+ (Buy Online, dinner included) Print Prior To Arrival

And there is a dress code - no sandals, sportswear (caps, beanies, etc), or shorts. Cosplay is encouraged!

(And thanks, Hingo, for the add!)

All set. I put it with the name so it stood out more.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    In the next couple days here some of the after parties will start to be announced. Keep your eyes and ears open. ;)

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Friday Night, 7:00pm
    Random aka Mega Ran +Guests (Death*Star and others)
    @ Lofi - 429 Eastlake Ave. E Seattle
    Ticket/Cost: TBA
    Age Restriction: Venue says 21+

Event is not on the Lofi calender yet, but you can see it here. I happen to know that Death*Star will be performing as well but I'm not sure of the other [confirmed] guests at the moment. Will update or make a new post when I get details.

Also for the MC Frontalot show on Monday, two more guests are listed on the event page.
    Corn Mo
    Area Of Defect
    As for times, doors are at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.
    Show is all ages, lounge area is 21+

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • OKIEShannonOKIEShannon Director of Fun Tulsa, OklahomaRegistered User regular
    We are throwing a fun party on Thursday, August 28th for developers from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Free drinks and food. Message me if you'd like an invite, especially if you are from the middle of America.

We are throwing a fun party on Thursday, August 28th for developers from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Free drinks and food. Message me if you'd like an invite, especially if you are from the middle of America.

Is this open to devs only? If it's devs only then this probably isn't the right location to list it since this is PAX community.

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    JW is there a reason the Tri-Wizard Tourney isn't listed? Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag...

Rhea_starstorm on
    JW is there a reason the Tri-Wizard Tourney isn't listed? Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag...

Nothing to let out of the bag. I somehow just missed adding it. It's up there now. :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There appears to be a rock band afterparty on Monday the 1st. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30414621/#Comment_30414621

• BiweeklyAaronBiweeklyAaron Registered User regular

Is this open to devs only? If it's devs only then this probably isn't the right location to list it since this is PAX community.

Plenty of devs wanna know what the good parties will be too!

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    There's been a slight alteration to the Pre-PAX Dinner's ticket purchasing:

NOTICE ABOUT THE FINAL DAY OF TICKET PURCHASING: Due to the unusually slow ticket sales of this year I'm going to be ending the ticket sales one week before the event on the 21st of August. This is so that I can provide the caterer with a final guest count and not have to buy way more food then I have to. Ticket prices will be unaffected by this since we are over the minimum needed for the buffet pricing.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2014
    PPP Update:
    wrote:
    Monday 9/1:
    ....♦ 7PM to 1:30/2AM The 1st Rock Band After Party
    The Unicorn/Narwhal. 1118 E Pike St, Seattle, WA.
    ......Ticket/Cost: FREE!!!!!!!!!
    ......Age Restriction: 21+ Only!!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/437x648q90/538/AImXgq.jpg

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    There's been a slight alteration to the Pre-PAX Dinner's ticket purchasing:

NOTICE ABOUT THE FINAL DAY OF TICKET PURCHASING: Due to the unusually slow ticket sales of this year I'm going to be ending the ticket sales one week before the event on the 21st of August. This is so that I can provide the caterer with a final guest count and not have to buy way more food then I have to. Ticket prices will be unaffected by this since we are over the minimum needed for the buffet pricing.
    Legacy wrote: »
    PPP Update:
    wrote:
    Monday 9/1:
    ....♦ 7PM to 1:30/2AM The 1st Rock Band After Party
    The Unicorn/Narwhal. 1118 E Pike St, Seattle, WA.
    ......Ticket/Cost: FREE!!!!!!!!!
    ......Age Restriction: 21+ Only!!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/437x648q90/538/AImXgq.jpg

Both are now updated.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Not exactly a party, but:

"The Fortnite team is pleased to announce the next Storm Chasers event will be in Seattle during PAX Prime. We’ll be playing tons of Fortnite, hanging out and enjoying delicious Durrr-foods and beverages. If you are going to be in the area on Saturday, August 30 or Sunday, August 31 we want to hear from you!

Shoot us an email at stormchasers-prime@epicgames.com if you are interested (and 13 years or older.)

Can’t wait to meet you!"

https://www.fortnite.com/blog/theres-a-storm-coming-to-pax-prime

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    I went to the fortnite even in Portland. It was good. You got a long play session. I can't wait for the full game.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun would it be after the expo halls have closed?

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    If it is like Portland, they will rent some space that will be separate from the show floor and have people cycling in to play in waves. I can't remember if it was one or two hours total. PM me for more details so we don't clog this post.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Updating this event
    ....♦ 7pm Random aka Mega Ran +Guests (Death*Star and others)
    ......@ Lofi. 429 Eastlake Ave. Seattle, WA 98109
    ......Ticket/Cost: TBA - will update as info becomes available
    ......Age Restriction: 21+

Motiga Presents: GIGANTIC PAX EVENT (Facebook Event page for more details)
    Musical guests: Random aka Mega Ran, Kirby Krackle, Death Star, Shubzilla
    Friday, August 29at 7:00pm - 12:35am
    LoFi Performance Gallery - 429 Eastlake Ave E # B, Seattle, Washington 98109
    Ticket/Cost: $8 (FREE with PAX badge)
    Age Restriction: Venue states 21+

NSw0gum.png
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Updating this event
    ....♦ 7pm Random aka Mega Ran +Guests (Death*Star and others)
    ......@ Lofi. 429 Eastlake Ave. Seattle, WA 98109
    ......Ticket/Cost: TBA - will update as info becomes available
    ......Age Restriction: 21+

Motiga Presents: GIGANTIC PAX EVENT (Facebook Event page for more details)
    Musical guests: Random aka Mega Ran, Kirby Krackle, Death Star, Shubzilla
    Friday, August 29at 7:00pm - 12:35am
    LoFi Performance Gallery - 429 Eastlake Ave E # B, Seattle, Washington 98109
    Ticket/Cost: $8 (FREE with PAX badge)
    Age Restriction: Venue states 21+

Thank you for the update! Info has been added to the main post.

• rootedrooted Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    PAX 2014 VR Mixer, 7pm, Friday, August 29th at World of Beer, 500 E Pine St. Capitol Hill, 21+, free admission.

Virtual Reality games and demos after party.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pax-2014-vr-mixer-tickets-12400308657

rooted on
  • BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    rooted wrote: »
    PAX 2014 VR Mixer, 7pm, Friday, August 29th at World of Beer, 500 E Pine St. Capitol Hill, 21+, free admission.

This sounds awesome to me. I would love to go. I am worried about how they are going to keep the VR equipment clean from person to person though. Any info on that? putting a headset on your face after several others without some form of cleaning or something is a fast way to catch the dreaded concrud.

BadNews65 wrote: »

This sounds awesome to me. I would love to go. I am worried about how they are going to keep the VR equipment clean from person to person though. Any info on that? putting a headset on your face after several others without some form of cleaning or something is a fast way to catch the dreaded concrud.

I had the same thought. I would love to do this but PAX POX scares the living snot out of me after that first year when I got it.

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I didn't go to the VR party last year, but a friend of mine who went said they had disinfectant wipes for the equipment when I asked him that question?? So hopefully they'll be doing that this year. I'm excited to go to that party this year, it sounds fun. Although I'll try bringing my own disinfectant wipes, just in case.

I didn't go to the VR party last year, but a friend of mine who went said they had disinfectant wipes for the equipment when I asked him that question?? So hopefully they'll be doing that this year. I'm excited to go to that party this year, it sounds fun. Although I'll try bringing my own disinfectant wipes, just in case.

And with that it's going on my calendar along with a note to bring wipes. <3

Very true! We'll have disinfectant wipes placed at every demo station. We'll also ask all demonstrators to have a microfiber cloth handy to do a quick wipe before every showing. However, there is nothing we can do to prevent mind altering VR experiences. ;)

Very true! We'll have disinfectant wipes placed at every demo station. We'll also ask all demonstrators to have a microfiber cloth handy to do a quick wipe before every showing. However, there is nothing we can do to prevent mind altering VR experiences. ;)

Sounds good. I will be there with microfiber and sanitizer in hand sir. :)

This hasn't been officially announced so I don't have the full details, but...

Saturday 8/30
    Fangamer/Attract Mode show
    1927Events - 1927 3rd Avenue, Seattle
    Random aka Mega Ran will be performing, and I'm sure there will be others.

That's all I know. I'm sure Fangamer will be announcing it pretty soon, but if people are already making plans based on this thread then they should know that this is happening. It was super packed last year so...

NSw0gum.png
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    This hasn't been officially announced so I don't have the full details, but...

Saturday 8/30
    Fangamer/Attract Mode show
    1927Events - 1927 3rd Avenue, Seattle
    Random aka Mega Ran will be performing, and I'm sure there will be others.

That's all I know. I'm sure Fangamer will be announcing it pretty soon, but if people are already making plans based on this thread then they should know that this is happening. It was super packed last year so...

If you see an update before I do, let me know. :)

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Another not my event, but it's awesome nonetheless:

Friday 8/29:
    ....♦ 7pm-11pm PRESS START III: TURBO EDITION
    ......@ LTD Art Gallery, 307 E Pike St, Seattle, Washington 98122
    ......Ticket/Cost: free
    ......Age Restriction: All ages
    ......Show runs until late September. I've set aside $300 for an art budget this year due to going to this event last year and not expecting to want to buy anything from an art gallery.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    Hingo wrote: »
    Another not my event, but it's awesome nonetheless:

Friday 8/29:
    ....♦ 7pm-11pm PRESS START III: TURBO EDITION
    ......@ LTD Art Gallery, 307 E Pike St, Seattle, Washington 98122
    ......Ticket/Cost: free
    ......Age Restriction: All ages
    ......Show runs until late September. I've set aside $300 for an art budget this year due to going to this event last year and not expecting to want to buy anything from an art gallery.

Added! Also added a few others:

MMO Reporter Meetup
    Pre-PAX Unicorn Madness
    4th Annual Unofficial Pokemon #PAX Kick Off Party
    Wildstar Community Meetup & Cosplay Contest

• ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Friday 8/29:
    Basically, a board gaming party. If you don't do facebook, information is also here.

pax primer @ <3
  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    I'm new to event bright. Is it trustworthy? Do you have to create an account with it before using? Has anyone had trouble with it? I just wanted some feedback before jumping in. I've never heard of it until this thread so I'm a little cautious.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eventbrite is a very well known popular event ticketing service. Eventbrite is fine. That doesn't mean users using it are all fine. It's just a service, and there can be bad apples using a service.

I have used eventbrite before and never had an issue.

• OKIEShannonOKIEShannon Director of Fun Tulsa, OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Are you making the journey to Seattle from the middle of America? Let's meet-up!
    You may be wrapping up your time at Pax Dev or gearing up for Pax Prime. Either way, you are invited to join other gamers, developers, vendors, and fans for a fun celebration on Thursday, August 28th at GameWorks.
    No cab needed! GameWorks is right across the street from the Convention Center and in the middle of the action.
    FREE drinks, FREE snacks, FREE game time, FREE schwag, FREE friends, FREE fun times.

RSVP HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/xpo-mixer-pax-2014-tickets-12622402947

It's a great service by as Zerzhul said the people using it may not be great.

However I can say this. I have used it several times while getting tickets for Pax parties and the like, and have never not once has any issues with the people that are running the ticket portion of the events. They all seemed like great people.

edited August 2014
    Are you making the journey to Seattle from the middle of America? Let's meet-up!
    You may be wrapping up your time at Pax Dev or gearing up for Pax Prime. Either way, you are invited to join other gamers, developers, vendors, and fans for a fun celebration on Thursday, August 28th at GameWorks.
    No cab needed! GameWorks is right across the street from the Convention Center and in the middle of the action.
    FREE drinks, FREE snacks, FREE game time, FREE schwag, FREE friends, FREE fun times.

RSVP HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/xpo-mixer-pax-2014-tickets-12622402947

@OKIEShannon‌ - Age requirements? 21+ or open to all?

adias.angel on
  • LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    VR Mixer is sold out.

VR Mixer is sold out.

We've added a few more available tickets.. get'em now before they're all gone!

It will be worth going to this just to see me scream and fall over while playing vr games.