As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Muffy the Goth Sheep is leaving Ghee on the 26th. Anyone interested?

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    @rndmhero You available for item delivery?

Also, reminder for folks to update their data in
    The Super-Special New Spreadsheet of AC Players

@_J_

My town was up earlier, but apparently it's crashed. I'm getting on now if you want to open your gates.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I love reading up on fan theories.
    Personally, I think the whole of it is more Truman Show-esque than anything darker, and in the linked article, Redd is hiding the monitors.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options

Hmm, I would love to take her, but I'm actually full at the moment. I'll see if I can TT and chase someone out before then.

Thanks again for that last batch, by the way. I'll try to open up again tonight while I'm still in January so you can get your blowfish.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    How can you chase off a resident you do not want? but has been in your town for quite some time?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    How can you chase off a resident you do not want? but has been in your town for quite some time?

In reality you can't. You can hit them with the net a lot, which will make you feel better but won't actually make them move faster. I've been time traveling to rebuild, so I just travel forward until the people I want to leave offer to do so.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

Hmm, I would love to take her, but I'm actually full at the moment. I'll see if I can TT and chase someone out before then.

Thanks again for that last batch, by the way. I'll try to open up again tonight while I'm still in January so you can get your blowfish.

Cool. She is yours for the taking.

The blowfish appears November-February, so you can TT a bit while remaining in winter. If you want to TT past February that is fine. I can always catch one when I reach winter in my game.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

In reality you can't. You can hit them with the net a lot, which will make you feel better but won't actually make them move faster. I've been time traveling to rebuild, so I just travel forward until the people I want to leave offer to do so.

It's a finicky system to get people to leave, but the only real way to make sure they leave is to do the same as one would to grind PWPs. Make a trip around town to see if anybody will "!", and if not, save&quit then do it all again; if they do "!", they'll either have a quest for you, a PWP suggestion, or tell you they're leaving. You can only get 1 PWP suggestion a day, so if you have them all (like me) or they already suggested one, it's a 50/50 (in theory) they'll have a quest or leaving dialog. Once one animal tells you they're considering leaving, no other animal will also do the same that day. I'm not sure on the true calculations, but I've never had two animals say they were leaving within 3 days of each other (the same buffer between an animal moving out and the soonest a new animal could move in).
    I could be wrong, but these have been my observations. If anybody had anything different happen, at least this could be narrowed down a little bit more. :D

• Options

Ooh, and if you come across a giraffe tee, I'm still lacking one in Omnar2's touch-only pile (http://moridb.com/catalogs/BrKGwao8G4)
    There are other things I need, but they aren't labeled for a month, so I assume either they appear year-round or are simply not labeled properly.

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Must ... resist ... muff joke...

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Huh. I actually might be but I don't know if I'll have room.

• Options

Ooh, and if you come across a giraffe tee, I'm still lacking one in Omnar2's touch-only pile (http://moridb.com/catalogs/BrKGwao8G4)
    There are other things I need, but they aren't labeled for a month, so I assume either they appear year-round or are simply not labeled properly.

Giraffe tee purchased. I won't be on tomorrow but should be able to deliver it sometime Wednesday.

• Options
    Libra scale get! Welcome to my astrological sign, bitches!

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Was just perusing Youtube when I happened across this bad boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1cMt67onoI
    the original really had the best music, I'd go so far as to say it's still the best game in the series.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    Question regarding villager requests and friendship. Do failed requests hurt or decrease your friendship level with a villager? If so, which is worse: refusing a request, or accepting it and then failing?

• Options
    Question regarding villager requests and friendship. Do failed requests hurt or decrease your friendship level with a villager? If so, which is worse: refusing a request, or accepting it and then failing?

Source
    From a Japanese wiki:

What affects friendship:
    + Talk to the villager every day.
    + Send a letter every day.
    + Complete errands for them when asked.
    - Don't talk to a villager for a day.
    - Fail an errand for a villager. (It's better to say no than to accept and ignore).

This is the most authoritative claim I have seen regarding friendship loss. It's from the gamefaqs forum...so...ya know. Everything else I have found is anecdotes.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    That... makes sense, I suppose. It's something that would be essentially impossible to come up with hard data on.

Also, I managed to get one of my less-desirable villagers to move, so I have room for Muffy if she's still available.

Edit: Burnett is open for winter fishing.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Huh. I actually might be but I don't know if I'll have room.

Turns out that Shep just informed me that he's leaving that day. Maybe we can arrange a prisoner exchange.

• Options
    That... makes sense, I suppose. It's something that would be essentially impossible to come up with hard data on.

Also, I managed to get one of my less-desirable villagers to move, so I have room for Muffy if she's still available.

Edit: Burnett is open for winter fishing.

Muffy is still available, as far as I know. Yup, you have dibs on her.

• Options
    Snow crab and yellow perch got. Only need a blowfish to complete winter fishing.

• Options
    Send a letter everyday? no wonder they are begging for mail when I only write them on Monday

• Options
    Send a letter everyday? no wonder they are begging for mail when I only write them on Monday

Be sure to use their name in the letter. They like that.

• Options

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Khvxdxhjjn jj oh dsf jjjgf DF jk.
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

• Options
    edited September 2014

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

Mine are a bit less concise than that:
    Hey, jackass,
    You are akin to garbage that
    is covered in sand on the
    beach. Nobody wants to deal
    with you, and we all pretend
    you don't exist. Get tossed.
    Crapfully yours,
    Hargaad

Sometimes I get all fancy and look up some mingin' good British slang to really let them know how I feel.
    Case-in-point, I'm an asshole to my neighbors, but they still unconditionally love me, though, I still don't trust them. (I also have a separate theory of it being Truman Show-like).

Edit: Also, 100 fake banana stickers to whoever remembers where I got my letter signature from.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Ok
    I usually send letters like dick pics are customary, fork you and such. Unforunary fork you caught on in my town as a greeting.

• Options

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

Real words tend to generate happier responses.

• Options

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

Those are real words. It appears to be written in Huttese.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

Mine are:
    Dear Friend,
    friend friend
    friend
    friend
    friend
    friend
    friend
    See you soon, Cabsy

It is funniest when I forget I haven't written a first letter yet and weeks later one of my residents meaningfully shows me a FRIEND FRIEND FRIEND letter

• Options

My typical letter:

Hey Bruce,
    Bhfzzx ssffv jjjf CV.
    Lojbbb.

Love,
    Aiden

What words? I've heard people mention "friend" and the villagers name, but I have no idea how you'd tell if those things were somehow generating more positive responses.

Unrelated, but would you be around later this evening so I can take your sheep?

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I finally got around to downloading New Leaf after losing my old one ages ago, I remember having quite a few of you on my friend's list, I'll still show up on people's faraway town lists even though my town is different correct?

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I finally got around to downloading New Leaf after losing my old one ages ago, I remember having quite a few of you on my friend's list, I'll still show up on people's faraway town lists even though my town is different correct?

Correct. It's tracked via friend code, not town name.

• Options

Giraffe tee purchased. I won't be on tomorrow but should be able to deliver it sometime Wednesday.

I got some other items in Omnar1 (thanks to finally finishing my grinding of island medals to finally get the gold badge, and I only have the streetpass gold badge left to strive for) for the Omnar2 touch-only pile.
    Just a few Gracie items left to fill that section up.
    After that is done, I suppose I should focus on making sure I have all the Sahara carpets and wallpapers, which means I'm going to have to rearrange some things since I didn't leave room for that area to grow, but it won't be too hard.

• Options
    @_J_ , is Muffy in boxes today?

• Options

@rndmhero tomorrow is her box day.

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    @Hargaad of Omnar‌ - Sounds like Strongbad?

In WW I always wrote my villagers haikus because I am a huge nerd. I just write them real letters now. But I send them too infrequently.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Also I made a leather bear and it has been incredibly popular on le blog which is... a surprising response?
    tumblr_nc155mapwx1sxhrifo1_400.jpg

tiloah on
    LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    tiloah wrote: »
    @Hargaad of Omnar‌ - Sounds like Strongbad?

In WW I always wrote my villagers haikus because I am a huge nerd. I just write them real letters now. But I send them too infrequently.

I used to love Strong Bad (and the whole Homestar Runner crew) until they basically stopped posting content, and then I just lived with the happy memories by trying to put it in everything I do as a reminder.
    I like the idea of writing haikus...maybe I'll start getting creative again with my berating. :P

• Options

Perfect. I can get on later afternoon or evening to collect her if that works for you.

• Options

Perfect. I can get on later afternoon or evening to collect her if that works for you.

@rndmhero I will be on in a few hours. I'll drop an @ when gates open.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.