As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I just fired up my town again after life pulled me away for a couple of months. I was actually really dreading seeing what state of disarray things had fallen into, but oddly enough, things were not that bad. There were a ton of weeds and stray flowers, but to my surprise, no one had moved in or out. That struck me as odd, since I thought moves were supposed to happen at essentially random intervals. What are the odds of going four months with no relocations?

Apparently if you refuse a move out request then you can safely time travel forward any number of days without any move outs (including the old fashioned way of just not playing for a while). So maybe you did that?

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Cullen wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I just fired up my town again after life pulled me away for a couple of months. I was actually really dreading seeing what state of disarray things had fallen into, but oddly enough, things were not that bad. There were a ton of weeds and stray flowers, but to my surprise, no one had moved in or out. That struck me as odd, since I thought moves were supposed to happen at essentially random intervals. What are the odds of going four months with no relocations?

Apparently if you refuse a move out request then you can safely time travel forward any number of days without any move outs (including the old fashioned way of just not playing for a while). So maybe you did that?

Huh, interesting. So if the game RNG offers a move and you decline, it won't actually roll the RNG again until you play another day? I had just assumed that was one of the many things that still "happened" in your absence. That's actually helpful to know, as it will cut down on my OCD-like need to check in and make sure my town stays in order.

Needless to say, I'm grateful all of my villagers are still around.

• Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    tiloah wrote: »
    either,or wrote: »
    Is there anyone with a free spot on their friends list here who wouldn't mind me coming over to sell some perfect apples today? :)

I can add you. Are you on the spreadsheet?

I'm not but my friend code is in my signature! Thank you :)

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    I know that time traveling backwards is a far riskier proposition than moving forwards, but I'm wondering if someone can clarify exactly what you risk with it. My situation is that I last played in October, which means that I've missed November, December, and most of January, including the various fish and bugs that go with them. So what I'm wondering is, what do I actually risk by setting things back to November, fishing for awhile, and then advancing back to present day? All I can find online are spoiled turnips and some confused villagers, neither of which seem like a huge deal. Will people potentially move out, given that they already exist in my town in the present?

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Amusingly, I considered your time travel question in relation to reality for a good minute before I realized you meant setting the date in game, lol.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I got trolled hard by my own games.
    Hargaad2 got the StreetPass Master badge this morning.
    I eagerly logged into Omnar1, but Hargaad1 wandered around for a good 15 minutes scouring the land for a Phineas, but nope.
    aconfession52d.jpg

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Amusingly, I considered your time travel question in relation to reality for a good minute before I realized you meant setting the date in game, lol.

Forget killing Hitler, I want my Char!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I eagerly logged into Omnar1, but Hargaad1 wandered around for a good 15 minutes scouring the land for a Phineas, but nope.
    aconfession52d.jpg

Well congrats in advance - Phinaes only shows up in good weather so keep checking! Also use the megaphone/check at the police station just in case you missed him.

@rndmhero check out this time travel safety guide. I think it answers all your questions.

Cullen on
  • Options
    aconfession52d.jpg

Well congrats in advance - Phinaes only shows up in good weather so keep checking! Also use the megaphone/check at the police station just in case you missed him.

@rndmhero check out this time travel safety guide. I think it answers all your questions.

That's perfect, thanks. Looks like if I get a "ping" for a move request and turn it down before the jump, I should then be safe for each direction.

Now if I only had a Delorean public works project...

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dreamy Get!

C5AGtUl.jpg

We get along too well.

HtnUXbV.jpg

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    I still don't believe they let them get away with that name for that face.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So, tonight at 8pm, I'll have streetpassed myself a total of 1337 times.
    Do I win all the things then? T_T

Edit: I'm a dum-dum. I had 1337 TOTAL streetpasses. I've only streetpassed myself 1188 times. :(
    And, yet, I still don't have that last badge. hmph
    Extra maths:
    So, streetpassing yourself caps at 999 for the gate, but you keep going regardless.
    I streetpassed 1338 in total as of this morning...
    Plaza population is 358 (357 not counting myself)...
    26 extra passes (passed some more than once, not counting other me)
    233 (in plaza but not streetpassed)
    So, plaza pop - plaza but not st/pass = 124 (st/pass at least once)
    124 + 26 = 150 streetpassed that aren't myself.
    1338 - 150 = 1188 times I've streetpassed myself!

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Goundhog Day. Log in for your Groundhog Day thing.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Goundhog Day. Log in for your Groundhog Day thing.

Ah... a day where I don't have to worry about finding a scallop. (Up to 227 now.)

• Options

Edit: I'm a dum-dum. I had 1337 TOTAL streetpasses. I've only streetpassed myself 1188 times. :(
    Extra maths:
    So, streetpassing yourself caps at 999 for the gate, but you keep going regardless.

Come on Phineas, get your act together!

Hope you don't mind Hargaad, but I dug up the gyroids in Omnar2. Scored one of the two I still need. Just a tall harmoid to go. The rest I put in the gyroid pile - I can rebury them if it's a problem :)

• Options

Extra maths:

Hope you don't mind Hargaad, but I dug up the gyroids in Omnar2. Scored one of the two I still need. Just a tall harmoid to go. The rest I put in the gyroid pile - I can rebury them if it's a problem :)

I was honestly just going to let gyroids build up since it would basically be occupying a spot so no other items could be placed, thus (eventually) limiting any and all space for anything that may pop up normally like flowers each day or a lost mitten. I'm doing the same in Omnar1 but for a different reason: I want to let the town get overrun by bamboo and buried gyroids so I can track where new villagers will and won't move in. I haven't been forcing bamboo to grow optimally since I'm also curious as to what pattern they'll spawn in (having faith in chaos over order) and then chopping them down (but not scooping them out) when there's nowhere left to be bamboo'd.

• Options

Extra maths:

I was honestly just going to let gyroids build up since it would basically be occupying a spot so no other items could be placed, thus (eventually) limiting any and all space for anything that may pop up normally like flowers each day or a lost mitten. I'm doing the same in Omnar1 but for a different reason: I want to let the town get overrun by bamboo and buried gyroids so I can track where new villagers will and won't move in. I haven't been forcing bamboo to grow optimally since I'm also curious as to what pattern they'll spawn in (having faith in chaos over order) and then chopping them down (but not scooping them out) when there's nowhere left to be bamboo'd.

Argh sorry I thought I was doing you a favour. Fuck should have asked first. I'll rebury them shortly and it will be like nothing ever happened...

• Options
    I'm doing the same in Omnar1 but for a different reason: I want to let the town get overrun by bamboo and buried gyroids so I can track where new villagers will and won't move in.

Curious what the relation is between bamboo / gyroids and new villager home locations.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    The hole left in the bamboo will clearly mark the area?

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Now if you streetpass with Animal Crossing you have to have the streetpass part set up in Animal Crossing?

When Sylvia moved to my town she ruined my Bamboo forest by moving right into the middle of it.

• Options
    The hole left in the bamboo will clearly mark the area?

Whammo-bammo.
    The key is that I have to chop them down, though, so they won't keep respawning. It won't stop the gyroids much if it's raining/snowing for the next day, but the grand scheme of things would mostly just be to see if there's a taboo area that villagers won't move onto. Heaven forbid it be bamboo and I found their kryptonite. I'm sure it was just pure coincidence, but I've had a fair radius of space only ever occupied by one villager with no other villagers moving in or out (both when this magic circle was occupied and not) ever coming near it.

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    @Brainleech Yea you can keep streetpass off in game but still on your DS. I really wish they didn't give you villager leftovers. I think so many people have turned off their streetpass because of it and it makes the badge effectively impossible to get in the U.S.

tiloah on
    LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar Wanted to pass along Kiki's thanks.

efMMmxk.jpg

• Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar Wanted to pass along Kiki's thanks.

efMMmxk.jpg

The joke's on Kiki. In Omnar1, I actually have my front room divided...left half has tarantulas and the right half has scorpions. It's not complete, but I've got a relocation business, too. >:D

• Options
    Kiki is one of my dreamies! Love that cat.

Has everyone got all their dreamies? I'm looking for Lobo, Marina and Kiki, but I'm usually loathe to let anyone leave so perhaps looking isn't the right word.

• Options

Has everyone got all their dreamies? I'm looking for Lobo, Marina and Kiki, but I'm usually loathe to let anyone leave so perhaps looking isn't the right word.

"I want this villager, but who do I let go?" - This is the struggle.

• Options

@Cullen I will let you know if Kiki ever wants to move, and I am foolish enough to allow it.

• Options
    Well that was lovely
    All week Re-tail was buying turnips at around 30 to 47 range
    I bought them at 93
    Teach me to buy a bunch

• Options

I would say the struggle is more in the grind to make sure that a dreamie moving in doesn't have their plot in a less-than-dreamy spot.

Also, I mentioned it to Tiloah already in a game of LoL, but I finally saw Phineas in Omnar1! The town is around December 15th, so I'm debating whether to get that last badge on the 25th or on the New Year.

• Options
    Even more of a struggle is "I want to keep 9 of these villagers, how am I going to rotate in and out one from the only open spot 15 times to get that one animal back..."

• Options
    edited February 2015

Agreed. I ranked my villagers yesterday and decided I'd let the bottom three go (and felt super mean about doing so). And today Flip asked to move, so he's goin on the 13th. I got him from @cabsy a few months ago and don't really want to let him go but I ain't going to my dreamies if I don't make room. On the plus side I think the next move out makes Savannah appear on main street who I miss.

@_J_ thanks!

@Hargaad of Omnar congrats! Do it on Toy Day so you can get a pic of Phinaes giving you the badge with Jingle in the background.

Cullen on
  • Options
    Flip has gone :( The dreamie hunt begins!

• Options
  • Options

At first, I didn't get it.
    Then, I watched it again, and it all made sense.

• Options
    Finally got the first part of a streetpassing badge!
    But I do find it curious of the streetpasses I get locally few people have the streetpass mii part set but most have the in game part set?

• Options
    colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I had to start fresh with this game because of a stolen 3ds, and got a New 3dsxl. Was wondering if anyone could friend me so I can visit, get fruit, catalog items, etc. I'm Greg from Bear Pit, fc 1049-1266-2726

colawars on
    3DS: 1049-1266-2726
  • Options
    My town is a mess and I have all the TVs to fondle but the easter one.
    B4G3AyqCcAAvAxy.jpg
    B4G220SCAAIeJwN.jpg

Behold my TV room!

• Options
    colawars wrote: »
    I had to start fresh with this game because of a stolen 3ds, and got a New 3dsxl. Was wondering if anyone could friend me so I can visit, get fruit, catalog items, etc. I'm Greg from Bear Pit, fc 1049-1266-2726

Sure I'll add you. My FC is in my sig. If there's any item you want in particular just let us know. I think we've got access to just about anything at this stage.

• Options
    colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular

Sure I'll add you. My FC is in my sig. If there's any item you want in particular just let us know. I think we've got access to just about anything at this stage.

Yay! My first friend on my new 3ds! I used to have a bunch of g&t people on my old 3ds. I'll put my friend code in my Sig.

3DS: 1049-1266-2726
  • Options

@colawars If you want any specific items ordered, post a list.

@Hargaad of Omnar will need to add you so you can visit the awesome trade town of awesome.

This discussion has been closed.