As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    I have no idea what items I want right away. My house is still way too small. I'd just like to visit other people's towns and get fruit, etc. My game is off to such a slow start.

3DS: 1049-1266-2726
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    colawars wrote: Β»
    I have no idea what items I want right away. My house is still way too small. I'd just like to visit other people's towns and get fruit, etc. My game is off to such a slow start.

Added your 3DS code.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: Β»
    colawars wrote: Β»
    I had to start fresh with this game because of a stolen 3ds, and got a New 3dsxl. Was wondering if anyone could friend me so I can visit, get fruit, catalog items, etc. I'm Greg from Bear Pit, fc 1049-1266-2726

@colawars If you want any specific items ordered, post a list.

@Hargaad of Omnar will need to add you so you can visit the awesome trade town of awesome.

Got you added, Cola.
    The 3DS that I currently have Omnar2 on is: 4098-2777-9585

I feel like I have the Bubonic Plauge, so I can't think properly enough to explain the rules.
    The bulletin board should have all the info. One rule that I don't remember if I added to the board or not is please don't mix-and-match different sets.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The feeling when you decide to check turnip prices and they are 300+. Made so much money.

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Green everywhere! @_J_ we need a new thread title.

• Options
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    Green everywhere! @_J_ we need a new thread title.

That we do.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    One day left before the exclusive Nintendo Zone item goes away!
    I've visited 2 McDonald's and 1 Gamestop and neither had it turned on. (and those are the ONLY places in about a 30-mile radius of me that supposedly had offered it before)
    Does Nintendo even give a shit that everybody has stopped using what they paid companies to offer customers?
    Don't piss me off, McDonald's...I'm not afraid to jump over that counter and start flipping every switch on every machine to get my fucking DLC!

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    What is the NZ item?

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    What is the NZ item?

Blue Ogre mask. Was red a week ago or something, but I missed that one.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    I thought we had all the JP items.

• Options
    tiloah wrote: Β»
    What is the NZ item?

Blue Ogre mask. Was red a week ago or something, but I missed that one.

Ah crap I need them for my catalog. Have any made their way to Omnar2 for touching? Wish I paid attention to this earlier - I go to a Nintendo Zone each morning for streetpassing.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I thought we had all the JP items.

Red and blue ogre masks are missing from Omnar2. I think that's the only ones we don't have.

Also I've updated my paths for spring:

j7l0jrivlhnx.jpg

Cullen on
  • Options
    Are the masks not catalog orderable?

If not, I can talk to mah guy to get some more.

• Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機ηŸ₯γ«ε―Œγ‚“γ γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ―γ“γ“γ«γ‚γ‚ŠγΎγ™ Registered User regular
    It's rather annoying I missed out on the first Ogre mask and it seems will miss out on this one because I cannot find a Nintendo zone to connect to
    I can get streetpassed but not the zone it's really odd

• Options
    It's rather annoying I missed out on the first Ogre mask and it seems will miss out on this one because I cannot find a Nintendo zone to connect to

That's the same shit that's happening to me.
    I go to one McDonald's, and they say, "Oh, our internet is out. Sorry."
    And I say, "then go fix it. It's not that hard."
    They say, "We called a technician to come fix it."
    "Cool, about what time are they arriving?" I ask.
    The manager replies, "They won't be here today...they'll be in to fix it sometime later next week."
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    I almost want to just get a job at McDonald's so I can be the only competent motherfucker there to actually get technical shit done the DAY IT GOES DOWN.
    Granted, I'm pissed because I can't get an item in a game. Boo-hoo, right?
    What is the real kicker is that I drove out of my way to try to get this shit dooooone.
    At the second McDonald's, I get the streetpass function lighting up, but I can't access Nintendo Zone.

Nintendo needs to start pressing the issue on McDonald's to start making their service available or I can see why Nintendo is failing...they don't crack the whip when they pay people to do things that they actually aren't doing.

• Options
    edited March 2015

Exclusive Items

Nintendo Zone
    You can obtain Nintendo Zone items from home! Follow these 6 steps.
    To obtain Bestbuy exclusives, use the SSID "Bestbuy"
    To obtain other NZ exclusive items, use the SSID "attwifi"

Step 1: Change the SSID on your wireless network to "attwifi".
    Step 2: Rename your wireless network name within your 3DS wireless settings.
    Step 3: Load Animal Crossing.
    Step 4: Go to the post office.
    Step 5: Talk to Pelly / Phyllis.
    Step 6: Click the 'Ask about a present' option.

Edit: This seems to no longer work.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Exclusive Items

Nintendo Zone

It worked for me yesterday. However it doesn't mention that it is a requirement that your network be "open" and not have a password. Also if you are like me and using a guest network to turn into attwifi, you have to temporarily delete your regular router or you'll just connect to that one.

tiloah on
  • Options

Exclusive Items

Nintendo Zone

Also, not everybody has admin rights to their network. :(

• Options
    tiloah wrote: Β»

Exclusive Items

Nintendo Zone

It worked for me yesterday. However it doesn't mention that it is a requirement that your network be "open" and not have a password. Also if you are like me and using a guest network to turn into attwifi, you have to temporarily delete your regular router or you'll just connect to that one.

It worked for you?

I need to have words with my router.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機ηŸ₯γ«ε―Œγ‚“γ γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ―γ“γ“γ«γ‚γ‚ŠγΎγ™ Registered User regular
    So I had to go to Home Depot to look at and price various house things I plan on doing this year.
    SO I took my 3ds along like I always do left animal crossing in the slot {it's all but welded in there anymore}
    I saw I got streetpassed so in a area by bathroom stuff I pull it out boot up animal crossing and it worked I got the ogre wig
    I will take a screen shot later though

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Sign it Fauna please!

Weird it did not imbed?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Aww I miss my Fauna.

• Options
    Had a lovely time in Ghee tonight. Got to visit Benjamin and he remembered me!

@Hargaad of Omnar I dropped off some two-tone pants in Omnar2 which I think completes the Gracie collection. I put them in the empty space in that section. Would you be so good as to order the last few winter items that I missed?

http://moridb.com/catalogs/GMIn2HEqLb

Also Ribbot moved in this week! I decided I needed a new jock villager and got him off some crazy guy on reddit that can get you any villager (via powersaves I assume).

• Options

@Hargaad of Omnar I dropped off some two-tone pants in Omnar2 which I think completes the Gracie collection. I put them in the empty space in that section. Would you be so good as to order the last few winter items that I missed?

Also Ribbot moved in this week! I decided I needed a new jock villager and got him off some crazy guy on reddit that can get you any villager (via powersaves I assume).

Thank you for the pants! That (should) complete the Gracie collection.
    Ordered the last few of your winter items, and I'll put them in front of the cafe tomorrow morning. ^_^

• Options
    Oh man Ribbot is soooooo cool.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Thank you for the pants! That (should) complete the Gracie collection.
    Ordered the last few of your winter items, and I'll put them in front of the cafe tomorrow morning. ^_^

Thanks! Picked them up just now.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Is it worth getting the guide for AC New Leaf? I found a few copies of the original thick ACNL guide at a nearby Walmart, but I'm not sure if it would be really useful or just ruin some of the surprise and fun.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Well I let Annalisa leave since last time I said they were leaving no one wanted her.

• Options
    Is it worth getting the guide for AC New Leaf? I found a few copies of the original thick ACNL guide at a nearby Walmart, but I'm not sure if it would be really useful or just ruin some of the surprise and fun.

To each their own.
    Pending what aspect of the game you want to enjoy, I would largely say that getting the guide would be a waste of money.
    If you're looking to grind out the game in a month, then you'd probably want the guide.
    If you want the game to be a pick-up for here and there and to gradually work towards completing things, don't get the guide.
    @_J_? @tiloah? Thoughts?

Some examples are trying to complete different museum exhibits, working towards a perfect town, creating a beautiful outside, create a beautiful house and coordinate inside, collect dream villagers, fill out the catalog, etc, etc.

• Options
    I bought the guide. It is less detailed than most online walkthroughs and FAQs. The majority of the guide is the item catalog. That is available online at http://moridb.com/items/

If you want to avoid spoilers, but peruse the item database, use moridb. All of the other information from the guide is collected in the OPs to this thread.

• Options
    I've heard the guide isn't even that accurate. I don't have the guide but I can't imagine there's as much info in it as can be found on the internet.

• Options
    Sounds like leaving the guide at the store was the right move. Thanks for the info!

• Options
    Well I let Annalisa leave since last time I said they were leaving no one wanted her.

Oh I wanted her. I just... need another town.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Man the cloudy day music kind of creeps me out. It has this "something is wrong...very wrong" vibe going. D:

Ah, apparently its just the 7pm music. I think it's the fast piano tempo part.

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    That would probably be one of my favorites if not for the steel drum.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Anyone seen the AC hacking program?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-spider-leaftools-animal-crossing-new-leaf-spiderhax.383773/

It allows you to edit your AC save file and basically change what you want. Move villagers, PWPs, remove your rocks, create hundreds of rocks, get rid of all you grass, pretty much anything.

It doesn't work with New 3DS or the most recent firmware updates so I won't be trying it. I'd be tempted to use it to move my campsite though if I could.

Here's some screenshots of the madness:
    rtva6betpohc.jpg
    445vtuo1hts8.jpg
    5mblr9syot90.jpg
    wko9pfaljioe.jpg

Check out this hacked dream town so you can see for yourself: 7000-3259-1732.

Cullen on
This discussion has been closed.