As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    There's a pointy roof castle set up that could be made kinda spooky with dark walls and a purple roof?

HNI_0012-copy.jpg

Yeah I have that but just can't make it look right.

Ah well.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So, with this new lease of life for AC, any chance of getting any trading in?

I need:
    Golden Man
    Beautiful Statue
    Great Statue

I have to offer that I think might be of value:
    Golden Bed
    Calm Painting
    Flowery Painting
    Ancient Statue (tomorrow)
    Marine Pop Floor
    Squid Chair
    Tingle Hood

Sahara/Gracie items by request.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    So, with this new lease of life for AC, any chance of getting any trading in?

I need:
    Golden Man
    Amazing Painting
    Beautiful Statue
    Common Painting
    Dynamic Painting
    Great Statue
    Motherly Statue
    Nice Painting
    Valiant Statue
    Worthy Painting

I have to offer that I think might be of value:
    Golden Bed
    Calm Painting
    Flowery Painting
    Ancient Statue (tomorrow)
    Marine Pop Floor
    Squid Chair
    Tingle Hood

Sahara/Gracie items by request.

I have a nice, worthy, dynamic and moving painting you can have. I don't need anything in return. I'll be around all day, just PM me if you'd like to set something up.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Brilliant thanks!

Doesn't need to be a trade by the way. Happy to pay things on forward if anyone needs any of my offers.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Amazing Painting
    Common Painting
    Motherly Statue
    Valiant Statue

Got these. No charge. Sadly not really available within your time frame tomorrow but we can probably work something out this weekend.

EDIT: I should be around all night tonight but I know it's getting late over there.

EDIT2: Hah, I forgot that leaving your town open is a thing that we can do. Enjoy!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I want a spooky mansion. What's the best theme to go for to get that?

The Creepy set. You get it from Jack during the Halloween event.
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    I want a spooky mansion. What's the best theme to go for to get that?

The Creepy set. You get it from Jack during the Halloween event.

Sadly you can't order it or I would just find a way to get my house in your HHA Showcase.

Oh, I mean the outside not the inside. Is there anything like that? I see very little options in Nook's show room really so maybe I haven't expanded it completely or something?

I use the candy house look
    But inside I am basically a metal album cover

I do have some of the extras from the Halloween event the cauldron, vampire statue and grave stone with wallpaper
    I am disappointed the table does not match the look of all the funture

• Options
    Amazing Painting
    Common Painting
    Motherly Statue
    Valiant Statue

Got these. No charge. Sadly not really available within your time frame tomorrow but we can probably work something out this weekend.

EDIT: I should be around all night tonight but I know it's getting late over there.

EDIT2: Hah, I forgot that leaving your town open is a thing that we can do. Enjoy!

Woop! Thanks hugely. Suddenly down to a mere two to go.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'm looking to customize the outside of my villagers' houses. I brought in Puck and I am working on an ice rink outside his house. I have that super creepy rabbit and Cherry, so I need to think of a creepy/scary design for them. I also have Inkwell and Bam.

Any ideas on things I can place outside their places or layouts? I'm browsing online for cool designs.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    You're doing this with ground patterns?

• Options
    You're doing this with ground patterns?

I'd like to. I want to have 4 shirts for the shop, so using the rest of the patterns I can. I want one/two to be pathway tiles. Then I will have 2-3 for the rink. Then I'd prefer 1 for a scary decor with maybe certain flowers or something for the scary villagers.

I'm not 100% sure what things I can build outside that would work.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I've never played Animal Crossing, but I'm looking to start. If I don't have a New 3DS, only a regular one, is there any reason to wait for the Welcome Amiibo version rather than buying the cheaper one that's available now?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    It's just a patch to get the welcome amiibo

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Yeah unless the Welcome Amiibo version comes with the NFC reader there's no actual difference once you get the update to the original.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

Yeah unless the Welcome Amiibo version comes with the NFC reader there's no actual difference once you get the update to the original.

edit: Nevermind, I misunderstood what you said.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh God. I did my reader and I think Al is moving in, but I clicked through too fast and don't know who is moving out. :(

Is there any way to see what I skipped?!

edit: It looks like he puts me at 10 villagers, which doesn't make sense because I swore my town was full. I have 8 villagers. Coco is moving in tomorrow. And Al makes 10. Maybe someone ISN'T moving out? I'm so confused and scared.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Oh God. I did my reader and I think Al is moving in, but I clicked through too fast and don't know who is moving out. :(

Is there any way to see what I skipped?!

edit: It looks like he puts me at 10 villagers, which doesn't make sense because I swore my town was full. I have 8 villagers. Coco is moving in tomorrow. And Al makes 10. Maybe someone ISN'T moving out? I'm so confused and scared.

9 villagers is the normal cap, the 10th can only come from an amiibo, the campground PWP or getting a villager off a friend.

It comes with an amiibo card, but yeah, patching a cheaper copy is the way to go.

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

It comes with an amiibo card, but yeah, patching a cheaper copy is the way to go.

Wasn't talking about the card; talking about the device a non-New 3DS needs to even scan it.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks guys. I put an order in for the regular version and I'll patch it when it comes.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I'm so sad I can't put QR gotten designs in the shirt shop. :(

No way I can make designs as good as what is out there.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    So if you reset/redo or whatever it's called your town how do you do this?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Just ask Isabelle on the loading screen I think.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I finally completed the art section of the museum!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options

What I mean is does it all reset? Do I keep my character? the stuff on me? in my closet? in my house? is my house back to square one? the money in the bank is gone?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh, I'm fairly certain it's like starting an entirely new save in a new town, just with a vast amount of cash in your Post Office account.

I've been back into AC for all of a week and I've had Gulliver wash up three times. Lern 2 bote nub.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

What I mean is does it all reset? Do I keep my character? the stuff on me? in my closet? in my house? is my house back to square one? the money in the bank is gone?

The only thing you keep is your catalog (and there's an option to sell that too if you want). You'll be offered a sum of cash based on your town's progression, and you can choose to either take it as a lump sum or as 100 daily payments, the latter being worth 10% more money total.

Apart from the catalog and the cash everything else is exactly the same as a new game.

• Options
    Do I have to empty my bank account before I reset it?
    Now I have a certain carpet I want to keep do I just leave it in another town and pick it up later?
    If I gather the fruit in my town and leave it on me when I reset it goes away?

I know what you said TamerBill as that is what the animal crossing twitter gives out as info but it's the things of I want to keep the songs on my radio and some other items do I remove the songs from the player and leave them in another town?

Also should I dump off the lamp or just wait for the new town's one to pop up?

• Options
    Sounds like if it's order-able from the catalogue then you're fine to let it go. If not then stashing it another town would be your only option.

It sounds like bells in the post office/pocket will be meaningless unless they count toward town progression. Either way if you're willing to do town stashing then you might as well send those over as well.

I'm sure an accomplice could be found in this thread to leave an open town for you to do your thing when you're ready.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Do not use I repeat do not use the Lottie Amiibo as Wisp takes her place in Re Tail so you cannot check the turnip price for the day

• Options
    Do not use I repeat do not use the Lottie Amiibo as Wisp takes her place in Re Tail so you cannot check the turnip price for the day

By Lottie I assume you mean Reese?

• Options

By Lottie I assume you mean Reese?

yes sorry I was operating on less than 2 hours of sleep

• Options
    colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    u14yvtpnvv24.jpg
    Unexpectedly funny

3DS: 1049-1266-2726
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I was at Target the other day and found a NFC reader for $10. Now I have to figure out which of my villagers to beat with the net so W. Link can move in. Also Tom Nook has a pile of bells in his camper.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I was at Target the other day and found a NFC reader for $10. Now I have to figure out which of my villagers to beat with the net so W. Link can move in. Also Tom Nook has a pile of bells in his camper.

No need for the net, with Amiibo villagers you can use your executive powers to pick a villager to replace.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

No need for the net, with Amiibo villagers you can use your executive powers to pick a villager to replace.

That is awesome. But I'm still going to beat someone with a net before sending them packing.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, so I started playing again and I bought the game for my son. Is anyone still playing and would be willing to open up their gates? I need to replant all of the various fruits in my village since I had to start over I have nothing. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ok, so I started playing again and I bought the game for my son. Is anyone still playing and would be willing to open up their gates? I need to replant all of the various fruits in my village since I had to start over I have nothing. :(

I still play daily but usually only for as long as it takes me to talk to Pascal, which I cannot do with the gate open. We can work something out.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Sounds good. Maybe one evening this week if you'll be around.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Sounds good. Maybe one evening this week if you'll be around.

Turns out I'm off all day tomorrow (Monday). Give me a shout and we can make this happen.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    This thread bump + E3 = I got all excited :(

Congrats on 4 years though!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
This discussion has been closed.