As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tiloah wrote: »
    I think _J_‌ and I both completed our art collections today.

Yarp yarp.

cTDPzf0.jpg

Blathers was totes excited.

• Options
    Edit - I went into my museum and it looks like I'm just missing the statue. Maybe the spreadsheet lists an extra painting that doesn't exist? Strange. (get it? ha...)

Edit - It does! It lists 26 paintings and there are 25.

Seriously?

Gah. This is what I get for trusting people on Reddit.

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Uggghhhh. I have three black roses in my town, and the one day I forget to water my plants two of them wilt. And of course I never remember not to use the gold watering can so @Hargaad of Omnar‌ I have two more gold roses for you.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    Lolly the cat is in my campsite, and she is being a silly goose. 8 "maybe you should move here" dialogs, and she keeps saying no. I only have 9 neighbors, so there is a spot for her.

Damn cat.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Lolly the cat is in my campsite, and she is being a silly goose. 8 "maybe you should move here" dialogs, and she keeps saying no. I only have 9 neighbors, so there is a spot for her.

Damn cat.

Show her who's boss!

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Damn cat.

It's inevitable that you will wear her responses out, and she'll move in.
    I would honestly venture a maximum of 100 interactions before she agrees to move in.
    Anything over that means the game already has a 10th villager planned to fill your town.
    The max can probably be rationalized down to a lower number, but nobody has put the work in yet, and my number is far above the effort of most of us.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options

Damn cat.

I would honestly venture a maximum of 100 interactions before she agrees to move in.
    Anything over that means the game already has a 10th villager planned to fill your town.
    The max can probably be rationalized down to a lower number, but nobody has put the work in yet, and my number is far above the effort of most of us.

I assume the number of required attempts is one more than the number of attempts I have made.

• Options

Damn cat.

Show her who's boss!

uAtaiJw.jpg

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @_J_ for helping me complete the Modern Wood set.

If I could get one kind soul to help out with the Stair Dresser, we'll call this fund drive complete (I feel like NPR)!

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    This months Euro DLC is the Leo sculpture. I've put it out in front of my station for your touching pleasure.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    rndmhero wrote: »
    If I could get one kind soul to help out with the Stair Dresser, we'll call this fund drive complete (I feel like NPR)!

Ordered.

Edit: Do you still need more bushes, or bags of shit?

_J_ on
  • Options
    Antonio is not fat, he's "cultivating mass" and Scoot's gotta "get his pump on." Just another day in ACNL.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I just got Cube. I think he's a racist penguin because he's in black-face.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Cullen wrote: »
    This months Euro DLC is the Leo sculpture. I've put it out in front of my station for your touching pleasure.

Leo sculpture available in US as well now that we're past Cancer.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

I think Cole is even worse.

• Options
    Antonio is not fat, he's "cultivating mass" and Scoot's gotta "get his pump on." Just another day in ACNL.

Yeah, Flip the monkey gets his pump on at least once a day.

And I'm like

"So do I, but I don't announce it to everyone."

• Options
    Holy craps.

Super thank you to whomever dropped off 10 neighbor pictures!!!

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I couldn't remember which ones you said you needed so I just left them all

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Damn cat.

I assume the number of required attempts is one more than the number of attempts I have made.

Damn cat.

Show her who's boss!

uAtaiJw.jpg

Oh, the doubt! If only I had seen the turnaround in timestamp. :P
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I fail to see what's wrong with blackface. It can be done tastefully.
    Take Lethal Weapon 5, for example:

its-always-sunny-lethal-weapon-5-blackface-507px.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2014

Not gonna lie, "Dayman, aaaaaaahhhhh" is my town tune right now. Also "I gotta get my pump on," is my favorite thing to say when I am going to work out/want to work out/am working out.

tiloah on
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Not gonna lie, "Dayman, aaaaaaahhhhh" is my town tune right now. Also "I gotta get my pump on," is my favorite thing to say when I am going to work out/want to work out/am working out.

you-keep-using-those-words.jpg

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    cabsy wrote: »
    I couldn't remember which ones you said you needed so I just left them all

I had a Fang and Peanut picture. Do you want them back?

Updated Picture List:
    Agent S
    Agnes
    Antonio
    Apollo
    Benedict
    Bianca
    Biskit
    Bob
    Broffina
    Buck
    Celia
    Chadder
    Chester
    Cheif
    Cheri
    Chops
    Clyde
    Daisy
    Deirdre
    Doc
    Dotty
    Eunice
    Fang
    Fauna
    Felicity
    Flip
    Flo
    Francine
    Fuchsia
    Gala
    Genji
    Gigi
    Greta
    Hans
    Hazel
    Hugh
    Ken
    Kevin
    Kitt
    Kyle
    Lucky
    Mac
    Maelle
    Melba
    Merengue
    Mint
    Olaf
    Olivia
    Opal
    Ozzie
    Pashmina
    Paula
    Peaches
    Peanut
    Penelope
    Pietro
    Poncho
    Rasher
    Renee
    Robin
    Rod
    Rowan
    Shep
    Snake
    Tia
    Tucker
    Vesta
    Wendy

• Options
    Nope, I still had several fang photos and a peanut to display in my house. Thanks though!

I've been chasing hha theme points and it's annoying me that it's just as important not to have anything against theme as it is to have theme items - I raised my score like 500k points just by taking out the immediately apparent off theme items from my house. I wish there were more fairy tale theme music players because all the players that fit the theme are unorderable and I only have a sunflower stereo and a lily record player :|

• Options
    Nope, I still had several fang photos and a peanut to display in my house. Thanks though!

I've been chasing hha theme points and it's annoying me that it's just as important not to have anything against theme as it is to have theme items - I raised my score like 500k points just by taking out the immediately apparent off theme items from my house. I wish there were more fairy tale theme music players because all the players that fit the theme are unorderable and I only have a sunflower stereo and a lily record player :|

If you need to borrow an item from Omnar2, just make sure to note it somewhere so you remember to return it. :D

• Options
    edited July 2014

Ordered.

Edit: Do you still need more bushes, or bags of shit?

Thank you, kind sir. And I could always make use of more bushes and fertilizer; this town isn't going to civilize itself.

rndmhero on
  • Options

@cabsy

The easiest way to max out your HHA points is to just cram three rooms full of furniture set theme items. Points are lost if items are not accessible, but you have a bit of flexibility when it comes to what counts as accessible. For example, only one side of the bed needs to be accessible, so the other side can go against a wall.

Here are screenshots of how I reached max HHA points. (They are available in OP#3.
    eJKaM2W.jpg
    Fu98OWE.jpg
    cLLAJYE.jpg

The fairy tale theme is a bit of a pain, since most of the theme sets are not catalog orderable (mush, ice, snowman, and another I can't remember). Your best strategy is to order items from the Lovely, Regal, and Rococo sets. Just fill three rooms with those items, unlock all the HHA crap, and then reorganize your home.

I have a full mush and ice set in my town. If you want to borrow them let me know.

• Options
    Thanks for the info! I think I just don't have enough junk in my house. I have princess, ice, mermaid, regal, and lovely sets so far with some mixed in items like the weeding day stuff and some candy items. I got to 820k today by removing any non-theme songs and adding a few new pieces so I'm getting there slowly but surely. Mostly I'm just pouting over not a single orderable music player! That's ridiculous!

• Options
    Are there particular conditions that cause villagers to want to move out, or is it essentially random? I've seen a string of villagers try to make a run for it lately, but it's been ones that I should have a pretty good relationship with (lots of letters, random requests, etc). I don't recall the requests coming this frequently before, so I'm wondering if I've forgotten something.

Also, is there a set length of time between when a villager "makes" the decision and when the action is no longer reversible through conversation? In other words, could I time travel forward in set increments >1 day without risking losing villagers in the interim?

• Options
    Are there particular conditions that cause villagers to want to move out, or is it essentially random? I've seen a string of villagers try to make a run for it lately, but it's been ones that I should have a pretty good relationship with (lots of letters, random requests, etc). I don't recall the requests coming this frequently before, so I'm wondering if I've forgotten something.

Also, is there a set length of time between when a villager "makes" the decision and when the action is no longer reversible through conversation? In other words, could I time travel forward in set increments >1 day without risking losing villagers in the interim?

From what studying and research I've done, a villager will have the idea to move out at any given time with no prerequisite conditions (read: it's random as fuck).
    However, when a villager has a "!" moment, the first time will either be a request or a notice of moving. If you get a second "!" moment with that villager in the course of the same day, if that villager was chosen by the RNG gods to move out, they will tell you this time, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s.
    If you give ample chance to each villager to have a "!" moment each day, you'll never miss it. The standard time frame is usually a week (7 days) before they move out. If you miss a villager one day (or simply don't play), they'll still be programmed to tell you in either the first or second "!" moment. (The way I see it, they have an item or favor they want to return before they leave, but after that, THEN they'll tell you about their plan to move.)
    This is all just off what I recall, so some may be a bit off.
    I'm sure others who have paid notice to certain events will also be able to chime in and narrow down the more detailed truth of it all. :D

• Options

From what studying and research I've done, a villager will have the idea to move out at any given time with no prerequisite conditions (read: it's random as fuck).
    However, when a villager has a "!" moment, the first time will either be a request or a notice of moving. If you get a second "!" moment with that villager in the course of the same day, if that villager was chosen by the RNG gods to move out, they will tell you this time, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s.
    If you give ample chance to each villager to have a "!" moment each day, you'll never miss it. The standard time frame is usually a week (7 days) before they move out. If you miss a villager one day (or simply don't play), they'll still be programmed to tell you in either the first or second "!" moment. (The way I see it, they have an item or favor they want to return before they leave, but after that, THEN they'll tell you about their plan to move.)
    This is all just off what I recall, so some may be a bit off.
    I'm sure others who have paid notice to certain events will also be able to chime in and narrow down the more detailed truth of it all. :D

I think we need to science this and get some accurate numbers. My recollection is that the time from announcement to move out is 5 days; day 5 they are still in town, but everything is boxed.

Hargaad was correct about the triggers. Just as with farming Public Works projects, you run around with an empty inventory and wait for a neighbor to ! at you.

Occasionally a neighbor will say something in conversation like, "I heard Binky's colon prolapsed and he's moving away to a town with better healthcare." Then you go talk to Binky, and convince him to go get the surgery, or stay and suck it up.

But as to who moves out? That seems to be random. Usually the last neighbor to have moved in is secure, while one of the older neighbors tries to get out.

A few websites have comments about talking / not talking to neighbors, letter frequency, etc. I have not detected a discernible pattern between those actions and a neighbor trying to move.

If anyone gets a neighbor wanting to move out, please record the dates and whatnot so we can compile a list of data. It would be good to have a reliable theory of how that system works.

• Options
    Forgot to post this a few days ago:

To get a tan, it has to be between the 16th of July and the 15th of September.

Tis the season for tanning!

• Options
    Forgot to post this a few days ago:

To get a tan, it has to be between the 16th of July and the 15th of September.

Tis the season for tanning!

Wait...do you mean in AC:NL, or in real life?
    I doubt I'd actually do either. :\

• Options
    Dropped some pumpkin heads and other non-orderable crap in Omnar. There will likely be some fish and bug furniture there tomorrow.

This game needs more storage.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I wish I could use the exhibits in the museum and convert them to locker rooms. Each locker I open up uses another couple of blocks on my SD Card, but I don't care I WANT THE STORAGE.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I got 1.125m hha points today! Now I have a bunch of extra fairy tale theme items I don't need anymore but I may keep the theme just because it looks nice... Man that gold exterior is something else though

My dream address is 5100-3752-7459 if anyone is curious to see it - I took out six items, mostly baby bears and two pieces of baby furniture, but otherwise it's the same... I actually like it quite a bit as it is and it is totally my style to have a dessert case and a candy jar and a chocolate fountain in my regal bedroom

cabsy on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My rooms look like heavy metal album covers
    I will post pics later of them because I have to tidy them up . I think it's why I am only a sliver rank but then I only have 3 rooms

• Options
    Omnar2 has another villager moving out. I think it's Paula?
    This only adds to the stress of checking every new day with a new account only to delete it once I discover nobody new has moved in yet. :|

• Options
    This only adds to the stress of checking every new day with a new account only to delete it once I discover nobody new has moved in yet. :|

When a villager moves in from the campsite, it's usually
    1. Day 1: Declaration of move-in.
    2. Day 2: Nothing happens
    3. Day 3: Moves in.

That has been the pattern so far. Of course, this need not indicate how it will occur in the future.

• Options
    It's Lolly's second day in Ghee, and she's already talking like a serial killer.

M1mENtm.jpg
    J3ZPxd7.jpg

What ya doin' with that shovel, Lolly?

• Options

When a villager moves in from the campsite, it's usually
    1. Day 1: Declaration of move-in.
    2. Day 2: Nothing happens
    3. Day 3: Moves in.

That has been the pattern so far. Of course, this need not indicate how it will occur in the future.

Yeah, I understand how that works, but there have been 'surprise' plots from villagers that I never invited to Omnar2.
    It's those that I'm being cautious about, since they could appear any given day.
    It has happened to me on several occasions, and I have this reaction when I walk past a new house plot that I wasn't expecting:
    what_the_hell_just_happened-7962.gif

This discussion has been closed.