As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bvg3XFCCQAAavS4.jpg

"Magic workout dust?"

Antonio... this is a bag of cocaine, isn't it.

EDIT: An anteater with a coke habit is not a pretty thing.

(Had a similar reaction when Shep was VERY grateful that I found his non-descript paper bag before anyone else did. It had to be a bag of weed, that's the only explanation.)

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Bvg3XFCCQAAavS4.jpg

"Magic workout dust?"

(Had a similar reaction when Shep was VERY grateful that I found his non-descript paper bag before anyone else did. It had to be a bag of weed, that's the only explanation.)

It's a hell of a drug. He could also be smoking or injecting the coke, but, being an anteater, I would say that snorting is the funniest thing to imagine.
    A real Antonio Montana, this one.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well. The Antonio in my town better not be a bad influence on Scoot.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    Turnips are selling for 559 bells in Omnar right now.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    tiloah wrote: »

Oooh thank you for posting this!

Though someone in Omnar is asking if I want to go hang out on the beach which is kinda weird

cabsy on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

Is this the PM price that will be up for awhile? It may be time to TT ahead to Sunday morning...

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

Is this the PM price that will be up for awhile? It may be time to TT ahead to Sunday morning...

Yep, it was 3:25pm when I left and I am also buying some turnips to sell, though I tted backwards instead of forwards... whoops

• Options
    edited August 2014
    cabsy wrote: »

Yep, it was 3:25pm when I left and I am also buying some turnips to sell, though I tted backwards instead of forwards... whoops

I ruined like 50% of my flowers because apparently I don't know how to reroll a day trying to get Joan to still be available after opening my gates. I'm cry.

Edit - And now I've broken Omnar. Ahahaha today is not my day.

tiloah on
  • Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar‌ any chance you could bring omnar back up soonish? We killed it dead

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I ruined like 50% of my flowers because apparently I don't know how to reroll a day trying to get Joan to still be available after opening my gates. I'm cry.

Edit - And now I've broken Omnar. Ahahaha today is not my day.

Were they hybrids or normal flowers?

Either way, you can have some of Ghee's many flowers.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Bvg3XFCCQAAavS4.jpg

"Magic workout dust?"

I don't know what the hell kind of town you're running.

By my residents have the common decency to keep their drug habits private.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

Were they hybrids or normal flowers?

Either way, you can have some of Ghee's many flowers.

Oh wow thanks man. I don't really care about my hybrids, they're easy enough to repopulate. It's mainly just the Jacob's ladders which I have no way of replacing for a while. I was definitely at rage quit/reset town status earlier but I'm ok now.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Well, hot damn!
    I'll see what I can do about rolling back the time in Omnar2 if anybody needs further selling potential.

• Options

Well, hot damn!
    I'll see what I can do about rolling back the time in Omnar2 if anybody needs further selling potential.

That would be excellent! I managed to miss your Re-Tail by 5 minutes :|

• Options

Well, hot damn!

That would be excellent! I managed to miss your Re-Tail by 5 minutes :|

Sorry for the delay. Rolling back the time right now! I really wish I had a phone that wasn't a piece of shit from the 90's so I could get notified when people @ me on here so I can respond more immediately.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Omnar2 with 559 b/t is open and at noon!
    Now is the time to spam the shit out of Joan and just repeatedly max out your inventory with turnips, come sell in Omnar2, then go back to your town and buy more turnips (drop the extra bags of money in your town for maximum space...maybe even use your letter space to store shit).
    GO, GO, GO!

Edit: I'm going to sleep...keep your fingers crossed that Omnar2 doesn't crash, though, I wouldn't mind rewinding the time when I wake up tomorrow if people still want to grind out the turnip shit.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Now is the time to spam the shit out of Joan and just repeatedly max out your inventory with turnips, come sell in Omnar2, then go back to your town and buy more turnips (drop the extra bags of money in your town for maximum space...maybe even use your letter space to store shit).
    GO, GO, GO!

Edit: I'm going to sleep...keep your fingers crossed that Omnar2 doesn't crash, though, I wouldn't mind rewinding the time when I wake up tomorrow if people still want to grind out the turnip shit.

Curious about how this works. Will the game maintain the 559 price for that day if you pass 6 a.m., and a new day starts? Does Aug 21, 2014 always have a turnip price of 559 in Omnar2?

• Options
    I got to almost 80m but I had a long day and I kept falling asleep while buying/selling turnips and then walking into buildings so I gave it up... Thank you though! I made like 25m yesterday on turnips so I'm much closer to being done

• Options
    GO, GO, GO!

Curious about how this works. Will the game maintain the 559 price for that day if you pass 6 a.m., and a new day starts? Does Aug 21, 2014 always have a turnip price of 559 in Omnar2?

I'm curious as well. I missed most of your time up yesterday and would love to grind out turnips today if it would still work. I wonder how long you can keep it locked to a single afternoon.

• Options

I'm curious as well. I missed most of your time up yesterday and would love to grind out turnips today if it would still work. I wonder how long you can keep it locked to a single afternoon.

Me too me too. I had given up on @Hargaad of Omnar‌ hearing the pleas of the peons and went to bed.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So, was googling for information on turnips. I discovered that they have the best scientific name.

Brassica rapa var. rapa

This needs to be turned into a thread title, somehow.

_J_ on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I missed the turnip buying/selling spree?

I... Uh... Oh.
    I've been travelling in a car all day :(

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So, was googling for information on turnips. I discovered that they have the best scientific name.

Brassica rapa var. rapa

This needs to be turned into a thread title, somehow.

Animal Parappa the Brassica rapa var. rapa Crossing. Boom, done.

GO, GO, GO!

I can keep it going indefinitely.
    I'll try to keep the points short but clear:
    -Shop closes at the usual hour (pending what ordinance you have active)
    -The day does maintain the price for the previous day, assuming the following conditions:
    --(a) If time-traveling back, you do not travel back to a time you were playing in single-player mode.
    --(b) If time-traveling back, you may travel back to a time you were playing in multi-player mode or weren't playing at all.
    --(c) If (b) applies, you may pass a time you were in single-player mode, and it will not change the price.
    --(d) The day in question is not reset by a 6am rollover in-game.

The opposite conditions of the above will cause the Brassica rapa var. rapa prices to, essentially, re-roll for a new number.
    In case it may not be clear:
    -Prices change when:
    --(a) If time-traveling back, you travel to a time you had already played in single-player mode.
    --(b) A day rolls over at 6am. (Example, for Aug 21: since it is Aug 22, if I roll the time back to Aug 21 at 5:59am, when the 6am animation activates, it changes all the numbers for the day as a hard-reset)

As far as hard and soft resets, I think of it like blackjack. Having a hard 15 means there is no flexibility, but a soft 15 means it could be 15 or 6...you still have flexibility to get what you want and not bust. Equally, letting the day roll-over from 5:59am to 6am causes a hard-reset to the day and changes all the stats for that day without question (turnip prices, gyroids, weeds, etc). A soft-reset is changing the time to avoid the roll-over with emphasis on the list of (a) through (d) above for not just maintaining prices for turnips, but other RNG events, such as shop items.
    I'm sorry if everything was clear and then I confused you with my last paragraph...I just find that mentality to help me when I needed to achieve and/or retrieve something that I missed or forgot previously.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    For some reason I thought a "soft reset" rerolled shop items.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Turn on game. Loading screen does its thing. Then Isabelle starts an extra dialog.

Oh no.

"Hey, mayor. A new neighbor moved in!"

I didn't know. I can't reset its house position...

l7J4Hvr.jpg

He doesn't even feel bad about it.

Didn't disrupt any of my paths...but he moved into the northeast. Like a prick.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Oh no! Where did he come from?

• Options
    Turn on game. Loading screen does its thing. Then Isabelle starts an extra dialog.

Oh no.

"Hey, mayor. A new neighbor moved in!"

I didn't know. I can't reset its house position...

l7J4Hvr.jpg

He doesn't even feel bad about it.

Didn't disrupt any of my paths...but he moved into the northeast. Like a prick.

Whenever I see the text stop at "All set." instead of finishing with "Have a nice day." I turn off the whole damn system once she starts saying "A new..."
    After fuming for a few minutes, I turn it back on and go back to assess the damage done.

• Options
    Also, Omnar2 still has 559 b/t price in ReTail for anybody who still wanted to get in their turnip grinding.
    In fact, I'll use this post to bookmark the date and time in case anybody wants me to keep the price available: Aug 21 @ 12:30pm.

• Options
    Also, Omnar2 still has 559 b/t price in ReTail for anybody who still wanted to get in their turnip grinding.
    In fact, I'll use this post to bookmark the date and time in case anybody wants me to keep the price available: Aug 21 @ 12:30pm.

I have 10 million bells in my bank account for the first time ever! Is there any way to repay you? I know you have way more bells than I do so that seems not ideal, but I can't really think of anything else.

• Options
    edited August 2014

I have 10 million bells in my bank account for the first time ever! Is there any way to repay you? I know you have way more bells than I do so that seems not ideal, but I can't really think of anything else.

The community here has honestly done so much to help me, which I was able to turn around and help back.
    If anything, I've been lazy in making sure I have all the non-orderable touch-only items from Gracie's fashion shop (all the shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, hats, shoes, etc).
    I recently organized it by general icon, but I haven't made a list to check if I have all of it.
    If you want to do something, you can check that, I suppose?
    Otherwise, I'm just going to slowly inch towards collecting all of the rest of the items I haven't gotten in my catalog yet, and making sure I can put out the non-orderable items in the touch-only section to eventually complete it all.
    There's less than 50 pieces left that I haven't touched, and most of them are non-orderable and not available in the NA region, so I'll have to eventually make a deal on some other forum for a one-time exchange in piecing the rest of it together.

Edit: More specific: 9 apparel and 19 furniture I haven't touched (and/or need for the touch-only area of Omnar2).

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options

You are a true gentleman. I shall be by later.

• Options

You are a true gentleman. I shall be by later.

To note: from the time you originally posted your comment, I shall be closing Omnar2 in approximately 3 hours to do my streetpassing (which is off-schedule again). It shouldn't be any more than half an hour tops if things get delayed before Omnar2 is back up and running.

• Options
    --(a) If time-traveling back, you travel to a time you had already played in single-player mode.

I do not understand this part.

Suppose you open Omnar2's gates at 12:30 p.m., and leave them open until 5 p.m.

Does that mean you would have to open the gates at 12:31 p.m. the second time to preserve the price?

Then 12:32 p.m. the next time?

• Options
    I think that's exactly what it means. The game "remembers" time you were in single player mode, but not when you had your gate open.

• Options
    I think that's exactly what it means. The game "remembers" time you were in single player mode, but not when you had your gate open.

Yeah. That is quite interesting, if the game does work this way.

I did not know it treated single player and multiplayer as different kinds of things.

• Options
    It's like, you open your gate and suddenly time isn't real.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Yeah. That is quite interesting, if the game does work this way.

I did not know it treated single player and multiplayer as different kinds of things.

I apologize for not being more clear.
    I haven't explored every possibility, but I'll try to clarify what I've experience a bit more:
    I've opened the gates, remembered roughly when, and then rewound the clock to a time that was when I activated multiplayer, and the town had all the same info still intact.
    I've also tried rewinding the time to a period I had already played in single-player, and lots of information changed, as though the RNG was rerolled for most things (I didn't try checking everything, but I did realize that the turnip prices had changed from what it was previously).
    I discovered most of these realizations when I first tried to grind out the 100 million bell badge (by selling turnips), and I had to rewind the time multiple times, and one time the price changed, I noted what I had done differently, and then started trying to rework the RNG to a 400+ turnip price.
    A bit more advanced info: I can't say with certainty, but I have experienced what I like to describe as advanced (single-player) universe erasing--initial timeline with afternoon price of 100 b/t; rewind time, RNG gives me new price of 120 b/t; rewind further back (a second time, hoping for a second RNG reroll), but numbers don't change.
    I'll try to better detail with an example:
    - single-player played from 10:00 to 10:30am (universe 1)
    - rewind time to 10:20, and RNG changes things (universe 2)
    - rewind time to 10:10, and universe 1 apparently got erased in favor of universe 2, so 10:10 is considered "not played yet", so universe 2 numbers stay.

That example is really as best as I can hope to describe it as I can right now. I really hope this makes sense. Anybody?

Edit:
    So, if that time example above makes sense, that's basically how you can indefinitely keep a turnip price.
    I'll open my gates at noon with 559 (or whatever) price.
    Close gates at 8pm, then rewind time to 12:10pm, which doesn't violate the observed rules previously stated, so I get to keep the 559 price.
    Close gates at 8pm (just to keep it a constant, but it could be any time), then rewind time to 12:09pm, and 559 stays the same.
    Close gates at 8pm, then rewind time to 12:01pm, and still 559 b/t.
    Close gates at 8pm, then rewind to 12:10pm, and still 559 b/t. Why?
    I want to submit theory that, because the last used "universe" was 12:01pm when multiplayer was active, then 12:10pm doesn't violate the multiplayer rule of RNG resetting; even though noon is held as the original last marked single-player moment originally, rewinding to a time where multiplayer was active allows you to create a new "universe" where single-player time is a new threat.
    So, let's say it as the following (each new line assumes a save&quit to rewind the time):
    - single-player: 12:00-12:05/multi-player: 12:05-1:00 universe 1
    - single-player: 12:10-12:15/multi-player: 12:15-1:00 universe 1 (but a temporary hypothetical universe 2, since you're playing a time (12:10-1:00) that you already went through)
    - single-player: 12:20-12:25/multi-player: 12:25-1:00 universe 1 (but a temporary hypothetical universe 3, since you're playing through a time (12:20-1:00) you already went through in universe 2)
    - single-player: 12:00-12:05/multi-player: 12:05-1:00 the temporary hypothetical universe 3 is earmarked by the game as canon time (12:20-1:00), so universe 1's original canon time of single-player is no longer going to create a universe 2 RNG reroll.

Again, this example got complicated once I realized how I was structuring it, so please let me know if anything is unclear, and I'll try to narrow it down for you!
    Together, we all can learn and manipulate game programming! <3

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    edited August 2014
    - rewind time to 10:10, and universe 1 apparently got erased in favor of universe 2, so 10:10 is considered "not played yet", so universe 2 numbers stay.

That example is really as best as I can hope to describe it as I can right now. I really hope this makes sense. Anybody?

This is hella interesting. I guess it makes sense insofar as
    • They do not want to save multiple game states.
    • They do not want people to have unlimited access to particular turnip prices, or other RNG.

What is curious, to me, is that single player and multiplayer are treated different, for TT purposes. Perhaps that is for the sake of preserving towns in the event of a multiplayer game crash?

_J_ on
  • Options

This is hella interesting. I guess it makes sense insofar as
    • They do not want to save multiple game states.
    • They do not want people to have unlimited access to particular turnip prices, or other RNG.

What is curious, to me, is that single player and multiplayer are treated different, for TT purposes. Perhaps that is for the sake of preserving towns in the event of a multiplayer game crash?

Bolded the part I wish to comment on:
    That appears to be what they wanted, but I provided an example of how it still can be persuaded to do just the opposite.

I realize that not everybody has their town in an ideal state to test out anything involving time travel, but everything which I'm describing is my own experiences; in true science fashion, because I'm the only one reporting these observances, I cannot, in scientific faith, claim them to be true in the least. However, I would never claim any of what I have reported to be false. Misled by underlying answers? Possibly.

• Options
    I dug up a couple of rare mushrooms, which I think is new for me. They look like poop. Are they used for anything?

This discussion has been closed.