As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, June 27, 2014 - Herstory

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I love this comic if only because I make up history like this all the time.

But also because it's p funny.

• Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Wonder what the Fruitfucker found that attracted him to dive into the waters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    NATIK wrote: »
    Wonder what the Fruitfucker found that attracted him to dive into the waters.

The filtration hole obviously. Poor guy is going to get his spout ripped off if he isn't careful.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    There's some kind of inappropriate juicing going on in that hot tub!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RTRTCRTRTC Registered User new member
    No such thing as inappropriate juicing in a hot tub.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Look at Gabe's face in panel 3, he has obviously latched onto Gabe's manhood.

Also, Reddit is blocked here at work. What's this all about? I have no clue about the context of their conversation.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So uh. What gadgets have these bevels? How chamfered are they?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Serious question: what industry/gadgetology is this referring to, if any? Is there truly an overwhelming number of chamfered bezels, whatever the fuck that means?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    XeiranXeiran Registered User new member
    edited June 2014
    Most likely it's a bastardized reference to Marie Curie, she and her husband Pierre pioneered research on radiation, unprotected since nobody knew the harmful side effects at the time. She later died of anemia brought on by radiation exposure.

Xeiran on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    A chamfer is basically a bevel.

• Options
    dkoemansdkoemans Registered User new member
    Woodworker here. A chamfer is a 45 degree angle cut (think a quarter of an octagon) designed to smooth the edge of what would otherwise be a 90 degree angle on the outside edge of an object. Countertops are often chamfered. It is the alternative to the round over cut, which is something like a quarter of a circle or a continuously rounded edge.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Specifically a beveled exterior corner.
    Bevels are not required to be rounded, just not perpendicular to the adjacent faces. But I don't see that use much in device specs. I don't know what's up now, but every Apple seems to have a discussion how exactly how beveled the chamfers are. Because if you quantify something, it must matter.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So uh. What gadgets have these bevels? How chamfered are they?

So chamfered!

These fuckers are chamfered to next week.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I'm concerned about Fruit Fucker's bezels. Are they properly chamfered?

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    This must be especially hard news for Gabe, as I imagine he is still reeling from having lost a day.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Bevels are not required to be rounded, just not perpendicular to the adjacent faces. But I don't see that use much in device specs. I don't know what's up now, but every Apple seems to have a discussion how exactly how beveled the chamfers are. Because if you quantify something, it must matter.

Put it this way - basically every corner on everything is beveled or rounded. Or both.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Put it this way - basically every corner on everything is beveled or rounded. Or both.

Except the Amazon phone, that's Bezoed.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Guess Mike and Jerry never watched New Yankee Workshop on PBS, Norm would have fill them to the brim with chamfered shit.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    Love it when Tycho takes advantage of Gabe's absence of knowledge like this.

360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Kylogue wrote: »
    Love it when Tycho takes advantage of Gabe's absence of knowledge like this.

and that Gabe still hasn't learned that Tycho just loves fucking with him.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    A museum in Kansas is all any of us could really ever ask for.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    A museum in Kansas is all any of us could really ever ask for.

The locals usually burn them down.

• Options
    piter50piter50 Registered User regular
    I think Gabe succumbed too

• Options
    piter50piter50 Registered User regular
    I think Gabe succumbed too