As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hellraid] Dark fantasy action game from Techland. Think first-person Gauntlet.

ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RismLtyJOrc
A dark fantasy action game from Techland, the company behind Dying Light, the Dead Island and the Call of Juarez series. Hellraid is a unique mix of melee, magic and ranged combat and can be played both in single-player and 2-4 player co-op.

Join a group of fierce combatants trying to stop the demonic invasion and close the gates of Hell in the thrilling Story Mode. Master the levels, collect points, and climb up leaderboards in the highly replayable and challenging Mission Mode, or fight for your survival against hordes of enemies in the nightmarishly hard Arena Mode.

Create your character and customize it with a variety of accessories, clothes and armors. Develop a master demon slayer tailored to your playstyle. Combine active and passive abilities from a vast class-free skill tree divided into intertwined branches of combat, magic, and agility.

For PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Game is coming to Steam's Early Access.

10259800_700122380049262_8000133035628212509_n.jpg?oh=85ad2c95a1f95c4b635a10ccab1bb1ee&oe=541B64FB
1001962_700122773382556_7840222755389244645_n.jpg
10338273_700123230049177_3912316932680247218_n.jpg

For mobile devices, Hellraid: The Escape
www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Vjl-P93zg
Techland and Shortbreak Studios are pleased to announce that their latest mobile title Hellraid: The Escape will be released on Apple devices on July 10, 2014. Due to its high-quality visuals, the game will only be compatible with iPad 2 & newer, iPhone 4S & newer, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.

Hellraid: The Escape is an adventure game set in the dark fantasy universe of Techland’s Hellraid for PC and consoles. Players are trapped in a magic prison having only their cunning as their weapon. As every riddle in the game is unique, their attempt to escape will not only put their puzzle-solving skills to the test, but also challenge their reflexes and quick thinking.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
Archsorcerer on

• Options
    Dummy post for multi-player information.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Looks rad, I'll be keeping an eye on this game

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I hope the single-player is beefy. I don't like Horde modes.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Reminds me of a more arcadey Dark Messiah. Didn't know it was hitting Early Access, been looking forward to this for a while.

• Options
    I only played Dark Messiah for a few. Hellraid's combat looks more enticing.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Always thought of it more as a 1st person Diablo.

Not today.
  • Options
    I put the Hexen nod in the title due to the aesthetics but it will be slower for sure.

Maybe Hellraid 2 will be Hexen with parkour. :P

Mirror's Edge of Might & Magic. Haha.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mmhmm, yes. I would like to play this game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Always thought of it more as a 1st person Diablo.

Lichdom comes close to that description.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eKOPSN7gkc

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited August 2014
    For those with an iPad The Escape is available today

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBZk9C1gfo

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Nice to see the game commercial narrator from the 90's still gets work.

• Options
    BTW, a version for Android of H:tE was announced today.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Some bits of gameplay from the E3 demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgaVSQO5xo

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Gameplay stream this weekend:

More information.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    I missed the stream. :(

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I hope the actual soundtrack is just dudes shredding on the guitar. Multiple dudes, with lots of hair, back to back.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    MachineWraithMachineWraith West Coast USARegistered User regular
    This looks awesome! I hadn't heard a thing about it until I saw this post. Eyes on this one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Saw the private demo at E3, talked to the devs a bit. They confirmed to me that dismemberment is planned and going to be more heavily implemented as development progresses. Yessssss!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Not only restricted to skeletons? I hope it doesn't get too nasty. Game already looks too dark to me.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Not only restricted to skeletons? I hope it doesn't get too nasty. Game already looks too dark to me.

Yes, I specifically asked about that. I mentioned that we saw the skeletons break apart and such, but haven't seen any dismemberment of the meat enemies. I asked if that would be implemented later, and they said very much yes.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Stream footage got uploaded to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEalvINwAs

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    The devs uploaded the video to their youtube channel and can answer some questions at their forums: http://forum.techland.pl/forum/19-general-discussions/

It looks really good.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Looks good.

1623723_751802228214610_497453798631468683_n.jpg?oh=ef770d304f978d6bfad526855cd31c6d&oe=54805466&__gda__=1416748243_dbef0c372ef7a1ddcd47bc1489c61f3b

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular

This looks like the far-future Diablo sequel I might have imagined in 1996. Good stuff.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Makes think more of Gauntlet considering the multiplayer.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    They got me at the boot.

Archsorcerer I've played Dark Messiah about six or seven times. Game is fantastic. This feels extremely similar.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I got that one for 5 bucks. Didn't get far.

They moved the project to Dying Light's engine so it's gonna look pretty good.

We lose the parkour but get lightning bolts to the face in its place.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    A shame. You missed out. Ah well.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Dark Messiah had it's moments. Kicking dudes into spikes was amusing for a while. It still shocks me that that game evolved into Dishonored of all things. Holy shit what a jump in quality.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    If I'm not wrong Arkane was developing something akin to Mirror's Edge but got turned into Dishonored.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It ranks among my favourite action titles. Like all good action titles it has its easy beginner methods (kicking into spikes, rebellion three hit combo and stinger/helmbreaker spam in dmc3se) but really dig into the guts of it and it has oodles of awesome shit you can do. You don't have to do them, just like all great action games, but that has never, ever been a minus to me.

One of it's patches introduced Hardcore mode, which basically meant what it sounds. A good clean hit would probably kill you.
    If you don't like difficult things this is, indeed, your definition of Hell.

I beat that mode.

Fuck that felt good.

A small example: knock an enemy down via some method, either kicking down stairs, making them slip on ice or something like that, anything, and you can pick them up with telekinesis if you grab them before they come to rest. No adrenaline necessary.

Grab a bunch of oil pots, smash them all over choke point, set fire to it as they charge over it. Everything burns.

I really hope Hellraiser has that level of environmental tricks to complement its melee play.

It never got old throwing orcs into the skybox.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Whatever happend to Hellraid? It's been quiet for 8 months. Wasn't it supposed to come out shortly, way back when? My hope, Techland saw greater potential in Hellraid and turns it into a full-fledged game, rather than a bite-sized digital-only release. Parcours in hell maybe?

Does anybody here follow the development of the game more closely, and can enlighten me with more insight?

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No news.

They said they wanted to move the project to Dying Light's engine a while ago. Is DL getting new content?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    No news.

They said they wanted to move the project to Dying Light's engine a while. Is DL getting new content?

Hmmm... we might indeed parcours through hell then.

• Options
    I think this one of the reasons the game got delayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjpM0T0JEXI

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/21/8634173/techlands-hellraid-sent-back-to-drawing-board-didnt-meet-expectations

NOOOO! I was looking forward to it quite a bit. I was thinking it'd be like Dying Light, just with more fancy and dense combat and more diverse enemies and playstyles. A first person Diablo of sorts.

Oh well, better back to the drawing board than not fully delivering on that *First Person Diablo* premise. Shame nontheless. I was looking forward to it a lot, and thought it'd be out sooner rather than later.