As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Daniel Bryan chokes out criminal, tells cops he has till FIVE!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Mr. E?

Riddler gimmick for Big E confirmed.

3 riddles aren't enough, but the answer to my riddle might be. What am I?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Also, as pointed out on Twitter, Zeb was a really poor heel manager. He never cheated or did anything heelish besides say he hated illegal immigrants.

Swagger is still the emotionless hoss he always has been, except now they have him beating up bad guys. Same way the Shield turned face; do the same thing, but just do it at the bad guys instead of the good.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    As usual Sandow was fucking amazing tonight with his best performance yet as VKM.

but FUCK ME its painful seeing him go out there every week and get squashed

WTF did he do to deserve this?

He did get some rub tonight by getting Steph on the titantron. Lets hope he doubles down next week and puts on a huge nose to impersonate HHH.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Cade wrote: »
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Cade wrote: »
    Personally.

I don't mind at all.

It takes someone who's worked hard on their own and reduces them to an accessory for someone else

Which is shitty when it happens to anyone, but in this case, it overwrites her tremendous accomplishments in doing so

She's not "AJ Lee, longest-reigning Divas champion of all time," she's "that thing what belongs to CM Punk now," and it's gross

See, thats your perspective.

Mine?

They want to see you know....CM PUNK.

The fans liked him, everyone knows she's associated with him. Seeing her they hope to see him too.

Because you know, they want to see him.

CM punk left the company

don't make it AJ's problem

If the WWE thought it was a problem they wouldn't have brought her back.

• Options
    AJ Lee is fantastic and I love her but NEWSFLASH more people love and care more for CM PUNK than they do her

Say what you will about the man but who could leave like he did and still get this kind of a reaction from the fans this loud this long after leaving?

Cena? NO. Orton? NO. MAYBE Daniel Bryan? But DB is too much of a nice guy to ever leave like that.

Fuck there were loud Punk chants way before AJ showed up tonight when HHH and Steph were in the ring.

Like it or not CM PUNK is STILL the 2nd biggest star in this company and his absence from the show has made him one helluva martyr

• Options
    Yeah, how dare they put Sandow on TV every week with a fun segment I enjoy watching.

I mean, the cynic in me says they put 3MB on TV every week too, but come on.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    cool?

doesn't make taking a stance of "be gone, woman, go fetch your husband so we can watch REAL wrestling" less neckbeardy and gross

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Huh uh. Not 2nd. Crowd chants YES way more than they chant for Punk, and Cena is still Cena.

Pretty soon he's going to be behind the Shield, too.

Goose! on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nah, fuck that guy.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Nah, fuck that guy.

I was trying to come up with a good long post but this is basically all I wanted to say

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    let's not talk about cm punk with a guy whose defense of him was 'but what if the fan he insulted WAS [homophobic slur]'

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    you are giving these people way too much credit

most of them chant CM Punk just to look cool

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    you are giving these people way too much credit

most of them chant CM Punk just to look cool

I have something to tell them about that...
    They do not, in fact, look cool.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Give it enough time you could get wrestling fans to chant anything. Mr. Anderson had the entire crowd at one point chanting "We are Assholes!" on TV.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    cool?

doesn't make taking a stance of "be gone, woman, go fetch your husband so we can watch REAL wrestling" less neckbeardy and gross

It's for this reason, beyond even terrible main show booking, that I don't want anybody to ever leave NXT. I can just feel all those people crossing their arms, and not giving a crap, and it's just so awkward.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I mean, here's the long of it:

WWE didn't want CM Punk to leave. He was positioned for a high-profile feud heading into Wrestlemania, decided for whatever reason, because we don't know what the dude was thinking, that he was tired of wrestling (and according to Heyman, was a long time coming), and left. He's on sabbatical, not because WWE wants him to be there, but because Punk wants it.

So now chanting for CM Punk essentially becomes a dumb thing you do to look cool. WWE isn't keeping him off the shows, and the dude's friends have gone on record as saying he's enjoying not-wrestling. So, when you chant CM Punk AT HIS WIFE WHO HAS NO SAY ON WHETHER HE RETURNS OR NOT, you're diminishing the accomplishments of her and the other woman in the ring, you know, the one who has been putting on quality matches since Wrestlemania. It's unfair to the talent that are there busting their ass night in and night out, who don't have the cache to be able to walk out if they felt wronged, who make the best out of a bad situation.

No, but fuck that, go ahead and chant CM Punk like the fucking idiots you are.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Ziggler is one of the few people on the roster I am perfectly okay with getting a Total Divas push if this Summer Rae angle translates to that show.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Copy and paste that everywhere forever. (edit: Nirya's thing)

Also, dude who said AJ was pregnant (r/sc's MetsFan4Ever) apologized for getting it wrong, but he did mention a bunch that it was unconfirmed. He's debating no longer posting rumors/unconfirmed shit and sticking with stuff that is rock solid.

Goose! on
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Jericho came back, and that was pretty fucking cool.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I do not like cm punk

he is happy not wrestling, and I am happy to not see him wrestling. this seems like a win-win to me

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Hullis wrote: »
    let's not talk about cm punk with a guy whose defense of him was 'but what if the fan he insulted WAS [homophobic slur]'

Lol pull it out of your ass already

zllehs on
  • Options
    AJ rolling her eyes and saying "what?" next time it happens would be awesome

• Options
    When the man left I said he was being a big baby for not doing what they were asking him to after they let him keep the title for more than a year and booked him pretty strong through out.

I pointed to cena and what they had him do during punks year+ long run.

He was very selfish for leaving like that and not finishing out his contact.

But I will defends a fans right to chant his name whenever they want.

Would I do it? No but that's beside the point.

Just like I defended the right of those hijack raw guys every week a few months ago.

When you pay for a product and those prices for tickets and PPVs and t-shirts I'm not going to tell anyone they can't chant what they want.

Don't like it? Tough shit. (I'm not it's biggest fan either.)

But if there is enough of them every week making that much noise than their opinion deserves to be heard.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    you assume that the wwe is in a position to do fucking anything about CM punk returning

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Goose! wrote: »
    Huh uh. Not 2nd. Crowd chants YES way more than they chant for Punk, and Cena is still Cena.

Pretty soon he's going to be behind the Shield, too.

OK so 3rd

Shield has a ways to go. There is something to be said about punk authenticity.

My biggest fear for Daniel Bryan is that he already peaked.

What I wouldn't do to ensure that he gets a msg HHH return post quad tear injury sized reaction upon his return.

zllehs on
  • Options
    you assume that the wwe is in a position to do fucking anything about CM punk returning

They aren't. That's been well documented already.

Fans can still want him back though.

Hell I want him back. He is fantastic. But I also know there is no making cm punk do what cm punk doesn't want to do.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Based on what I've seen in the last few months the crowd just wants to root against "The Authority", both the team and the ideal. they want to antagonize the whole thing. It's why even post-push they chant Goldberg at Ryback.

It's why even though Punk's leaving was his own decision they still chant Punk whenever they can, because it's something they don't have.

As long as Stephanie McMahon comes out everyone few months and goes "Daniel Bryan is B PLUS PLAYER" and lets the crowd go NO! NO! NO! and YES! YES! YES! at her he will get the biggest pop ever when he comes back.

• Options
    Yeah, how dare they put Sandow on TV every week with a fun segment I enjoy watching.

I bet you like Stardust too.

In my opinion he is above this.

But just like Cody he is fantastic and sells the hell out of whatever they put him in.

• Options
    zllehs wrote: »

But just like Cody he is fantastic and sells the hell out of whatever they put him in.

I don't see the correlation here, even if you enjoy both. Sandow is coming out in costume and getting squashed as a gag segment every week.

Star Dust, though silly in his own right, has totally refreshed Cody Rhodes' style and makes him damn entertaining in the ring.

I don't know, maybe I'm just wide-eyed enjoying all the crazy shit like the Vaudvillains but I think Star Dust is a dynamic and fantasticly weird character and has only done wonders to give Cody Rhodes an identity beyond "I wear trunks and lose".

• Options
    cool?

That's a leap.

Is it Sexist that more people care for cm punk than AJ?

Listen to that crowd. They care more for cm punk than almost anyone else on the roster.

If she was a dude and married to punk the same would happen.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I would not be worried at all about Daniel Bryan having "peaked." Nor should anyone in creative. Yeah, wrestling fans can forget about wrestlers easily, but once you are big, they explode every time you come back. Think about HHH after he tore his quad. Edge after he would come back from his injuries and/or sabbaticals. Daniel Bryan was getting huge chants less than two months ago. Hell, when he showed up in the pre-show yesterday the crowd exploded. If the shitty way he was booked post SS and before Elimination Chamber did not kill his push, then him being off tv won't. He could be gone for four months without any appearances, and the crowd would explode the second his music went off (see Heyman coming out to CM Punks music a couple of months ago as another example).

• Options
  • Options
    CM Punk is not selfish

after 7 years of 300 days a year you will be burnt out

it's why I cheer for Cena who is going on 10+ and hasn't lost his smile

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    on the other hand, I desperately yearn for the storyline of Cena getting addicted to cocaine.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular

Lol pull it out of your ass already

:|

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Such a good Raw.

I am so happy that AJ is back, you guys. Hopefully her and Paige can have a real feud now, and honestly if Paige does turn heel it could be the best thing for her right now.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    AJ is wonderful, Paige is wonderful, Jericho is wonderful

Wrestling is beautiful

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

I don't see the correlation here, even if you enjoy both. Sandow is coming out in costume and getting squashed as a gag segment every week.

Star Dust, though silly in his own right, has totally refreshed Cody Rhodes' style and makes him damn entertaining in the ring.

I don't know, maybe I'm just wide-eyed enjoying all the crazy shit like the Vaudvillains but I think Star Dust is a dynamic and fantasticly weird character and has only done wonders to give Cody Rhodes an identity beyond "I wear trunks and lose".

You're the guy who just started watching again right? Welcome back.

I'm not sure when you stopped watching but did you ever see Cody as" Dashing Cody Rhodes" or Phantom of the Opera Cody Rhodes?

2 fantastic characters brought to life by some fantastic performances by Cody.

He was awesome and those characters weren't easy to make interesting. One guy couldn't shut up about how Dashing he was and the other was obsessed with keeping said Dashing face unharmed.

Ridiculous shit but my god was Cody fantastic.
    Very much in the same way he is fanatic as Stardust. Fantastic performances.

But for as much as those characters are beloved do you know the biggest reactions Cody ever got in his career? Do you know when the crowd cared for him the most?

When he was just plain old trunks wearing Cody Rhodes climbing a ladder last year with his fingertips on the money in the bank briefcase.

When he was just plain old trunks wearing Cody Rhodes fighting for his job against WWE champion Randy Orton last year

When he was just plain old trunks wearing Cody Rhodes fighting with his brother Goldust vs the shield to get their jobs back.

No ridiculous gimmick or mask or face paint. Just plain old Cody Rhodes. Brother of Dustin and son of Dusty.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Since they just got married I'm surprised they aren't calling her AJ Punk, just to screw with all of the idiots in the crowd even more.

This discussion has been closed.