As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Social Entropy, Where Hip-Hop Lives [Giant Bomb]

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
0.jpg

Hello Social Entropy we are here to discuss hip hop and hop hip. Move it, groove it, twist it and remove it, because we are going to drill down on precisely two things: Truth, and The Beat.

I'm Jeff Gerstmann AKA Dr. Tracksuit AKA The Rap Man AKA Stamps.com and I'll be your Master of Ceremonies tonight, spinning all the greatest hits, especially the ones you haven't heard yet because you're just not cool enough. Later on we'll jam a little, maybe let some Social Entropy upstarts see what they can do with the mic and the deck.

Some people will want to talk about games. Well let me tell you - Video Games Are Bullshit

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm pro-hip, but STAUNCHLY anti-hop.

signature.png

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I'm pro-hip, but STAUNCHLY anti-hop.

hipsters v hopsters

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I don't think I've seen Shawshank Redemption

but I'm too apathetic to seek it out with glowing endorcements

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Hello giant bomb community lurkers, please watch this orientation video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P88F-eiocEY

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    the mouse and keyboard controls for re4 are not doing it for me

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

but I'm too apathetic to seek it out with glowing endorsements

I don't like to say "You should see this movie" because I hate pushing my preferences on people

But this is one of those things that's beyond preference. It's one of those... I'd dare argue objectively good movies that everyone should endeavor to see. I would go so far as to call it important

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I've not seen The Matrix, and I frankly don't really care to?

I've seen bits and pieces of all 3 matrix movies, never actually sat down to watch any of 'em

Shawshank and Princess Bride r both real gud tho

• Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    the mouse and keyboard controls for re4 are not doing it for me

Nonononononononono

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gamepad.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you know what slang I haven't heard in a while? props. no one gives props anymore

well that's about to change. I am giving langly props for making such a hip thread

• Options
    i mwan i'm sure they're p good for normal people

but not for me

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

but I'm too apathetic to seek it out with glowing endorsements

I don't like to say "You should see this movie" because I hate pushing my preferences on people

But this is one of those things that's beyond preference. It's one of those... I'd dare argue objectively good movies that everyone should endeavor to see. I would go so far as to call it important

Yeah I get that

but at this point even the most glowing of endorsement doesn't capture my interest, which is probably a bad sign about myself

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Langly gets props for gifting me Game Character Hub like 5 minutes after I added it to my wishlist

Langly's good people

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Shabooty wrote: »
    i mwan i'm sure they're p good for normal people

but not for me

KBAM is very bad for Resident Evil 4. No one should ever play it that way. I'm being serious. There are lots of games where it's a preference as to KBAM or Gamepad, but RE4 is not one of those games

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    I just try to keep it fresh, you know just make sure everything is real real

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    after discovering hip hop, my sex drive improved

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    my friend loves RE4 so I gifted her HD edition on steam but apparently the default gamepad controls are different from the PS2 version she's used to, and the mod she downloaded to change the controls causes the game to crash at times. Anyone know a solution to this other than 'get used to new controls'?

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    you know what slang I haven't heard in a while? props. no one gives props anymore

well that's about to change. I am giving langly props for making such a hip thread

I prefer

kudos.jpg

signature.png

• Options
    kudos is something you would use at your drum circle

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    kudos are something you ride in world of warcraft, I think

• Options
    no that's kodos, a character from the simpsons

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Adus wrote: »
    my friend loves RE4 so I gifted her HD edition on steam but apparently the default gamepad controls are different from the PS2 version she's used to, and the mod she downloaded to change the controls causes the game to crash at times. Anyone know a solution to this other than 'get used to new controls'?

(Since I was the one talking all big about RE4 controls, I didn't want it to look like I was ignoring you, so I wanted to say that no, I'm sorry I don't know anything about that.)

(sorry i'm chatting a bunch in this thread, sorry)

(i should be drawing right now, oh god)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    This OP should've just been about how wrong Ronnie is about Princess Bride.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ronnie draw a hip hop whomp right this very second

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I ate so many kudos during school lunches.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    my name is mc ronnie and i'm here to say

sorry to you fools most every day

sorry that i called you fools just now

i'm sure you've all got major degrees like wow

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Boat Drinks is not hip hop.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    This OP should've just been about how wrong Ronnie is about Princess Bride.

man i was hoping i was like indiana jones under the door with that comment being in the closed thread

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna echo what @Johnham said about Divinity

It's super good but may require a bit of nostalgia for older RPGs, though it definitely has a lot of modern trappings

Also man they gotta tone down those NPC barks like whoaaa

• Options
    I think princess bride has several fantastic moments that make up for the movie kind of losing focus at points.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ronnie, Princess Bride is pretty much a 100% perfect film for what it is trying to be.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Since someone brought up movies they've never seen, I was gifted both Baldur's Gate II EE and Shadowrun Returns (and its expansion Dragonfall) in the last Steam sale.

Which one should I play first? I have zero history with either franchise.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

Boat Drinks is not hip hop.

jimmy buffet is hip hop as hip hop itself!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    also boat drinks isn't even a notable song of his cmon

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I'm here! It's ok, thread, I'm here. I'm here.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Since someone brought up movies they've never seen, I was gifted both Baldur's Gate II EE and Shadowrun Returns (and its expansion Dragonfall) in the last Steam sale.

Hmmm, BG2 is hells of good, but if you have no experience with that engine it may be a bit tough to get used to.

I've heard really good things about Dragonfall!

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    ronnie draw a hip hop whomp right this very second

dont have time for a whole comic, i hope this will suffice

8VDFryH.jpg

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    From the wrestling thread:

lqcxb20c1de4.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Hmmm, BG2 is hells of good, but if you have no experience with that engine it may be a bit tough to get used to.

I've heard really good things about Dragonfall!

Yeah, I played a little of BG2 (as in, didn't even leave the first screen), and the game isn't very good at telling me how combat works. I could use a beginner's guide or something.

Also, so far the dialog options have been this wild swing between "Let me help you, faithful companion of mine!" to "Fuck off, you're on your own".

• Options
    hip hop ronnie in the style of those old looney toon shirts...

This discussion has been closed.