As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sunday Hearthstone Tourney - Well Played

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I was really off my game tonight. Was swept 3-0, not proud of how any of that went.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    It's official, priest is OP

• SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    MMMig has defeated me, 3-1

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Slicer wrote: »

That one game go out of hand so hard so fast
    >.<'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »

That one game go out of hand so hard so fast
    >.<'

The RNG gods more than made up for that first mind control tech whiffing!

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Streaming at

vRyue2p.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Managed to eke out tarranon 3-2

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I'm back up streaming the next round against snowglobe, which is starting now

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    i for one am happy to get away from all those warlocks on the ranked ladder, and into all the ramp druids on the tourney ladder

i'm a big ysera booster

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I have to step away from the computer for a bit, but I'll be back in 15 minutes or so to play against the winner of KetBra vs Snowglobe.

vRyue2p.png
    Just beat snowglobe 3-1

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    K I sent you a friend request @visiblehowl, I'll be back in a second, just tacking a quick step away from my computer

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    with a zoolock, I might add

not that there's anything wrong with that, of course

*cough*

Snowglobe wrote: »
    with a zoolock, I might add

not that there's anything wrong with that, of course

*cough*

i resorted to a miracle hunter in the hopes that it would be effective against ramp drood, which was summarily countered by naxx zoo

this game makes monsters of us all

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    miracle hunter? How's that work?

@Tarranon‌ What are the latest brackets?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Snowglobe wrote: »
    miracle hunter? How's that work?

web spinners and haunted creepers are cheap and good enough beast decks with lots of one and two drops are viable again

it's cheesy but it's referred to as miracle hunter because all the one and two drops mean you can draw a looot of cards off buzzards if you need to, while setting down useful minions, even without UTH

the deck works because it synergizes very well with houndmaster and makes animal companion really good again, because you're actually happy to see leokk should you get him

i think kolento piloted the main deck that i ripped off of, but i've also seen reynad run something extremely similar to it

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    tcb7f4h.png

the finals are being streamed there ^!

@MMMig

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    How many versions of zoo did we just see? y'all should be ashamed.

(ggs overall)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Technically, my deck isn't a zoo deck.

It's a wombo-combo deck.

Technically.

Again a fun tournament, ggs to everybody who played. See y'all next week!

vRyue2p.png
    In the grim darkness of the 21st century, there is only zoo

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    B3RTz7E.png

aaaand the final results are in

I am surprised that I didn't see more of the newer naxx cards played, other than deathlord a couple of times, but their time will be coming i'm sure

i, myself, can't wait to perfect the resurrection shaman, and then it will own all the time, against every deck on the face of the earth

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    snowglobe's deathrattle warlock was my favourite deck of the tournament (that I saw, at least)

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    VH's lock deck is like half aggro half zoo half burst

it's really mean, and a key strength is that you don't expect that kind of burst from what you assume is a zoo deck, so you dip into the red sooner than you realize

knowing the meta can make you strong, but also weak, is the moral of this story

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    I had a Haunted Creeper in my druid deck, and I saw it in the KetBra's zoo deck.

If we had made it to my third deck, the shammy, you would've seen a few more naxx cards.

vRyue2p.png
    edited August 2014
    my druid deck has a nerub'ar weblord, loatheb, sludge belcher, and 2 deathlords

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    My favorite play of the tournament is a tie between double-Ysera drawing for multiple turns (Snowglobe) and the triple-blademaster/cleric/circle of healing combo that The Escape Goat played in the same game.

That was a fun game to watch.

vRyue2p.png
    Geth is an avid follower of this tournament.

vRyue2p.png
    KetBra wrote: »
    my druid deck has a nerub'ar weblord, loatheb, sludge belcher, and 2 deathlords

yeah i definitely award you the coveted title of most experimental yet successful deck to feature in a tournament this week, in this tournament specifically

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    My favorite play of the tournament is a tie between double-Ysera drawing for multiple turns (Snowglobe) and the triple-blademaster/cleric/circle of healing combo that The Escape Goat played in the same game.

That was a fun game to watch.

I was honestly trying to kill myself with fatigue before he could kill me

but unfortunately, ysera awakened

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I had to do some dinner thing and couldn't make it :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    is that two straight for vh? after I beat him in the first round a few weeks back with a standard pre-naxx shaman? (after going down 2-0 and just being a boss and coming back)

this has to end

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited August 2014
    Last week's tourney was fun.

A remembrance of one of last week's match...
    c6d6xeeeeyoy.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    i am having a CRAZY FRIGGIN WEEK and am away from my home PC, but tonight's tourney is still on, god willing

i only wish i had enough time to test a new priest deck out with me dark cultists

but that's hearthstone for ya

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    Hey guys, Tarranon asked me to run this week's tourney, so...

Signups are officially open! Please go to the following link and indicate your intent to participate in the "CHECK IN HERE SUNDAY NIGHT!!" column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cHjzKBuaBLZflISRYOh5gtsCqVn2iCFYG7h-msNO2Dc/edit#gid=0

Note that I cleared the spreadsheet at 6:00 when I posted this, so if you signed up before then, you'll need to do it again.

vRyue2p.png
    thanks a lot to VH for taking over hosting duties this week

it makes thing a little less awkward, and he is a good man, who runs good tourneys (i think)

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    My tourney-running skills are as of yet unknown.

So far I'm the only one signed up for this week's tourney, so hopefully a bunch of people show up in the next half hour or so!

vRyue2p.png
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sorry, Sunday nights are my do not much and watch True Blood times or I'd play.

I have family over today, so I can't participate

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'm going to extend signups until 7:30 Central time, and if we don't have 4 or more people by then, I'll probably just cancel it.

vRyue2p.png