As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I really want the April Fool's episode to just be three videos of Arin playing games without talking and with no one else in the room and actually doing well on them, followed up with a Sequelitis where all he does is compliment a game on its good points and glosses over all of its shortcomings.

Mainly just so I can hear another section of his fanbase bitch about something.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    His most popular episode of Sequelitis is where he spends about twenty minutes fellating Mega Man X.

So...wish granted, I guess!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    All of Danny's deaths in 3D World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCDwh9MvQ4

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I'd just like to take a moment to note that the time the Grumps have so far spent on Castlevania 64 is perfectly sufficient to finish the game, funnily enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikMwS23POQ

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I'd just like to take a moment to note that the time the Grumps have so far spent on Castlevania 64 is perfectly sufficient to finish the game, funnily enough.
    That assumes they know what they're doing.

BigWillieStyles on
    3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I like Arin a lot and his twitter posts made me like him more (like how he responded to the trigger warning whining morons).

He just has awful opinions on video games.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Today on Trauma Center, Miles Edgeworth would appreciate Angie's dedication to the truth, but it is in complete violation of common sense.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    His most popular episode of Sequelitis is where he spends about twenty minutes fellating Mega Man X.

The funniest thing about that? There only two games where the Grumps' inability to play right bothers me. Castlevania 64 and Secret of Mana. And in both cases, it's because they won't CHARGE THEIR WEAPON!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

The funniest thing about that? There only two games where the Grumps' inability to play right bothers me. Castlevania 64 and Secret of Mana. And in both cases, it's because they won't CHARGE THEIR WEAPON!

They're playing Double Dragon Neon all wrong, too. No dodges, no combos, they're misusing their Sosetsukens. I want to tell them how to play and actually affect their gameplay live. Hell, they KNOW they can high five, but they're not even considering that it's doable on the dpad.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The worst crime, for me still, in their Double Dragon Neon gameplay, is still not acknowledging the awesome music in it.
    They always give a shout-out to their pal Jake Kaufman (aka Virt) wherever he gets his composition on, and this game is loaded with his musical mitts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ToN2qjIkk

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I like Arin a lot and his twitter posts made me like him more (like how he responded to the trigger warning whining morons).
    wait what

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    The most disappointing thing about the Castlevania 64 play-through is they are playing as Carrie and not Reinheart; he encounters an old-man vampire hunter a few times.

Such a missed opportunity for more of that amazing old-man voice.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Aegeri wrote: »
    wait what
    They've put trigger warnings on videos when things like rape and suicide come up in the game. People give them shit for it, but they don't back down.

Also, Arin caught flak for supporting feminism on Twitter, so people are itching for ways to complain.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Still playing catch-up here and I've just gotten to the Checkers episode. I was skeptical that they could make freaking checkers entertaining, but holy crap I was so very wrong. Instantly one of my favorite Grumps episodes of all time. And I realize now its because the episode has all of the components of a great Game Grumps VS; Danny had his game face on and wasn't just letting Arin win, they were playing a game they've both played before and fully understood the rules to, neither of them was curb-stomping the other through having more experience with the game, and their trash talk managed to be pretty hilarious throughout. Haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamwm6syl0g

This game seems awesome! I've never even heard of it before.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamwm6syl0g

This game seems awesome! I've never even heard of it before.

I remember seeing a bit of it in Nintendo Power back in the day. It's... not terrible, but nothing particularly exciting either.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Ohh shit, I remember that game! I always really enjoyed it, but it gets pretty tough if I remember correctly.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It seems pretty neat, to me. The animation is pretty impressive; it looks like they were super proud of themselves when they figured out how to make a character spin believably.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's one of the rarest NES games. And being not just playable but actually really good on top of that makes it even more sought after.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So... apparently I have a ~600 nintendo game? Condition isn't perfect, but I bet it's still playable(I'll check at some point)...
    IMG_20141014_193012.jpg

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Yup, at a glance I see copies that sold on eBay from between $400-$900 for just the game, maybe with the book, depending on condition. Ones in the box were $1000-$2000.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    I still regret selling off my Atari for $20. I even had a good chunk of its library at the time.
    But I was 12, and the internet was still young...

Really should go to my cousin's since we pooled and kept our games in storage for a decade and a half to see if there's any gems we missed.
    Unless he sold them without telling me, there should be a shit ton of NES, GEN, N64, PS1 and Dreamcast games.

If they had it, I could probably talk him into sending them Seaman for DC if I'd knew they have the system (I doubt it.).
    But they'd probably kill Leonard Nimoy off before he'd even had a chance to develop speech.

Thought about Sunset Riders, but no. They would suck ass at it, despite it being one of the best side-scrolling shooters.

I would love to send them our copy of Super Punch-Out, but that one's near and dear to me... hmm.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    After that photo Raslin's dog ate the cartridge.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Raslin, I need you to meet me in that abandoned warehouse where no one will ever find you down the street from you. I have something important to discuss with you.

Maz- on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Oh my that jackel flashback is now my favorite thing.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Little Samson looks like a seriously amazingly great game.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I kinda get where @Reynolds‌ is coming from. To me GG used be a great way to pass the time and have a few laughs and watch a couple guys do stupid shit and joke around about whatever comes to their mind. I've actually not seen a series since...... Simon's Quest I think. The series was fun but I feel like I miss the energy it used to have. It seems they are playing games just to play them and recording just to record themselves from a business standpoint. They aren't having as much fun (well, seemingly, they could still be having loads of fun) as they used to.

Plus I really don't like Starbomb nor do I like the NSP stuff. Not really into that stuff.

Still like Dan more now than I did when he first came on though. The instant transition rubbed me the wrong way initially but he definitely did what he did to make himself a Grumper. Maybe it's just me not really caring to watch people play games anymore or something but I find myself not really caring about new series like I did way back in the day.*

*Like a few months ago, which is forever ago in Internet terms.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I kinda get where @Reynolds‌ is coming from. To me GG used be a great way to pass the time and have a few laughs and watch a couple guys do stupid shit and joke around about whatever comes to their mind. I've actually not seen a series since...... Simon's Quest I think. The series was fun but I feel like I miss the energy it used to have. It seems they are playing games just to play them and recording just to record themselves from a business standpoint. They aren't having as much fun (well, seemingly, they could still be having loads of fun) as they used to.

Plus I really don't like Starbomb nor do I like the NSP stuff. Not really into that stuff.

Still like Dan more now than I did when he first came on though. The instant transition rubbed me the wrong way initially but he definitely did what he did to make himself a Grumper. Maybe it's just me not really caring to watch people play games anymore or something but I find myself not really caring about new series like I did way back in the day.*

*Like a few months ago, which is forever ago in Internet terms.

That impression should go away immediately after starting to watch Little Samson or Goonies.
    They're really having a lot of fun with that shit.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I did love the Goonies game. When I get a moment to breathe and relax I'll start up that series.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8w5ITE9Lrk

This game is baller.

Little Sam for Smash.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    How has this game not been remembered? It looks fucking great.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Like I said, it's really rare. It came out well into the Super Nintendo's lifetime, even. There's a reason there's reproduction carts made of it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Holy shit how did I not notice that the Girl-chan theme blatantly rips lyrics from the Arthur theme haha

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    1. Little Samson looks great

2. Danny's gullibility is hilarious.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Cu79XqbaY

When a game just decides to change art styles because why the hell not

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    that Dog Island game went from yay dogs, to what the fuck so fast

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    It was sadder than the beginning of Up.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Yeah, that was weird. Judging by the art style, the game is clearly aimed at young children, but the story..yikes.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Reminds me of one of the ChoroQ games on PS2, where your best friend is in a hospital bed and then passes away at the end of the game, and you're both talking super deformed toy cars.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.