As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Headphones work, speakers don't

PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in themountain cabinRegistered User regular
I just installed a new graphics card, and since I did, I can't get my speakers to work. They worked fine when I plugged them into my laptop, and my headphones work fine on the desktop, but the speakers don't. I've plugged them in to the front panel and the rear panel, it doesn't matter. Regardless of port, regardless of what I select in my Realtek HD Audio Manager, the headphones work and the speakers don't. I'm going nuts here - uninstalled all the audio drivers I could find via the control panel, rebooted, redownloaded realtek from their site, and I'm back to the same symptoms.

sig.gif

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It sounds like maybe you have the HDMI audio from the card set as the primary sound source. You can go into your Playback Devices (right click speaker in tray) and see a list of what you have and what is currently set as the default device.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Says Speakers is the default device. I've also discovered my mic suffers from the same problem as the speakers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PantshandshakePantshandshake Registered User regular
    Start simple. How are your volume controls looking?
    After that, I would ask what kind of plug(s) is the headset/mix using? Different than speakers?
    Are you using the kind of Realtek that says "Hey, you plugged something into a port. Want me to play a test noise?" If you have that one, just start plugging things in randomly and see where the noise comes out of.

Also, nice work on your sig. I had completely forgotten about that entire conversation.