As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I can put up with loading. I need to get my hands on this game. *per approval of expenditure from the wife and bank account

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I've bought the Wonderful 101 and I'm really really really struggling to get in to it, the camera seems way too zoomed out, I can barely tell what I'm doing.

Only just in to the first mission really after being confused by the intro, seem to have the knack for drawing these morph thingies but not having much luck actually fighting. Any advice before I give up?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    You can change the camera zoom with the L button.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    You should actually stay zoomed out though to get a full view of the battlefield.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I've bought the Wonderful 101 and I'm really really really struggling to get in to it, the camera seems way too zoomed out, I can barely tell what I'm doing.

Only just in to the first mission really after being confused by the intro, seem to have the knack for drawing these morph thingies but not having much luck actually fighting. Any advice before I give up?

buy guts

also don't give up

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    BlueBlue wrote: »

buy guts

also don't give up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTd7pQLoN6k

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Ok, that video has inspired me not to give up.

Besides, I was (slowly) getting better last night.

• Options
    Finally finished Trine 2.

tumblr_n9i9t3CgNs1ruozqto1_1280.jpg

That game got pretty nasty toward the end there, but I think the difficulty curve might be somewhere around perfect.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    http://nintendoeverything.com/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-delayed-to-2015-in-europe/

Noooo why? :(

Edit: January 2015. Not that bad, then.

The info comes from Nintendo's release schedule which they published along with their latest financial report. First party, third party.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So the retail release of Wii Sports Club came out on Friday. Did anyone know this? Talk about your stealth releases.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Maybe Nintendo thinks that Wii Sports Club will market itself the way the first game did.......

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Or maybe they want to avoid looking like "hey, remember Wii Sports? We've got more of it on our system you didn't realize wasn't just a tablet controller!"

I wonder if they're getting a lot of club surveys that indicate people don't like digital only releases.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Given Nintendo's releasing NES Remix 1+2 as a disk, I think this is just Nintendo realizing there's a sizable blob of people who resist digital for whatever reason, and they're reaching out.

So, does anyone here care that Nintendo lost $97 million in the last quarter? That's kind of worrying, given that Mario Kart was supposed to be a game that fixed things.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I wonder if they're getting a lot of club surveys that indicate people don't like digital only releases.

To be perfectly honest, I avoid digital releases on Wii U because I don't want to spend more money on an external hard drive. Nintendo wanted to have their cake and eat it too, play it cheap with the hardware and still rake in the dough in digital sales. Maybe that isn't working out quite like they hoped.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Given Nintendo's releasing NES Remix 1+2 as a disk, I think this is just Nintendo realizing there's a sizable blob of people who resist digital for whatever reason, and they're reaching out.

So, does anyone here care that Nintendo lost $97 million in the last quarter? That's kind of worrying, given that Mario Kart was supposed to be a game that fixed things.

Well it did come out 2/3 of the way through the quarter. I'll be "worried" if things don't look up the quarter following the one when smash bros comes out - worried in quotes since they have enough money to keep on doing whatever, making no money at all, for like 50 years

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options

I care, but that sort of thing is really out of my power, so why dwell on it?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options

I care, but that sort of thing is really out of my power, so why dwell on it?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    The limited harddrive space has influenced my purchasing decisions as well, but I still go digital for games that I wont sit and play for an hour, like NES Remix.

• Options

Mario Kart is currently sitting at like a 50% attach rate, so it's not like it didn't perform well.

I'm trying to imagine what their quarter would've looked like without Mario Kart.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    isn't a 97 mill lost an improvement

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    That's roughly $1 million a day. Just think about that.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Mario Kart is currently sitting at like a 50% attach rate, so it's not like it didn't perform well.

I'm trying to imagine what their quarter would've looked like without Mario Kart.

No, it sold well. The problem was it didn't become as much of a system-seller as Nintendo was hoping.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    The limited harddrive space has influenced my purchasing decisions as well, but I still go digital for games that I wont sit and play for an hour, like NES Remix.

The 1.5 TB drive I bought at launch for $70 also influences my purchases. As in, I'm downloading too many.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Hey Wii U thread, just as a heads up most Toys r Us stores have dropped their clearance games to 90% off. I got AssCreed 4 and COD Ghosts for $6 each today (along with Resident Evil Revelations and Ace Combat for the 3DS for $2 and $3 respectively).

• Options
    Wow. I need to go to TRU tonight!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WOnderful 101 is so absolutely terribly bad at telling you what it wants you to do, I haven't played a game this frustrating in a long long time.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    WOnderful 101 is so absolutely terribly bad at telling you what it wants you to do, I haven't played a game this frustrating in a long long time.

I powered through without these, and while I had tons of fun and enjoyed the over-the-toppedness of the game I think if I'd watched these first everything would've gone smoother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've watched the system breakdown, I still don't really know what the power gauges mean on the bad guys, when I should be doing team attacks, or really what on earth I'm doing with the controls. I'm sure it gets much better once it clicks, but to start with it's a bit of a mess.

(Also I find using the right analogue stick and then the face buttons really awkward on the gamepad)

I'm just getting utterly annihilated by two tanks now. This isn't fun, I'm going back to Mario for a bit and coming back when I have more patience!

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options

Yeah, that's a pretty common complaint.

Platinum games in general aren't all that great about cleverly teaching you how to do stuff, but Wonderful 101 is particularly bad.

• Options
    My TRU was picked clean. :-(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I've watched the system breakdown, I still don't really know what the power gauges mean on the bad guys, when I should be doing team attacks, or really what on earth I'm doing with the controls. I'm sure it gets much better once it clicks, but to start with it's a bit of a mess.

(Also I find using the right analogue stick and then the face buttons really awkward on the gamepad)

I'm just getting utterly annihilated by two tanks now. This isn't fun, I'm going back to Mario for a bit and coming back when I have more patience!

For the tanks you realy have two options.

1. Shoot them with Unite Gun. If they don't have spikes on the front then shooting them with enough bullets will stun them. You can use Team Attack for the same thing, and Team Attack is faster, it's just not as safe. If they do have spikes on the front, it's more complicated, but not much.

2. Use Unite Guts to bounce their bullets back at them. THis will wreck them.

You need to buy Unite Guts (which is your block move) and Unite Spring (which is your dodge) from the store. Guts is more essential than Spring, but you should end up having both.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Also of note: If the Gun seems weak, I still suggest leveling it up until you learn its version of Wonderful Stinger, which makes it many times more powerful.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Mine had 2 copies of Imagine Babyz for the 3DS.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Krathoon on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Mine had 2 copies of Imagine Babyz for the 3DS.

Eh, it was rated better than God Hand...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

For the tanks you realy have two options.

1. Shoot them with Unite Gun. If they don't have spikes on the front then shooting them with enough bullets will stun them. You can use Team Attack for the same thing, and Team Attack is faster, it's just not as safe. If they do have spikes on the front, it's more complicated, but not much.

2. Use Unite Guts to bounce their bullets back at them. THis will wreck them.

You need to buy Unite Guts (which is your block move) and Unite Spring (which is your dodge) from the store. Guts is more essential than Spring, but you should end up having both.

if it's the laser tanks then sword is the go-to

guts also counters the charge and bouncing attack

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    You can also circle the tanks with the wonder liner and pick them up off the ground and toss them iirc.

Enemies that you think are hard now will take you seconds once you figure out the tricks.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234215-lucadian-chronicles-coming-to-wii-u

M1I58I6.png
    pUwnVqO.png
    jJ2kvRh.png
    We are Dark Roast Entertainment, and we are working on our first game, Lucadian Chronicles.

Lucadian Chronicles is a strategy game where you form teams of 5 heroes in different configurations and pit them against other teams. Rather than going into details... have you ever played Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon? If so, have you ever spent some time sitting on your carpet creating your deck as you simulate in your head how the deck is gonna work? Well, Lucadian Chronicles is a game about that moment; thinking and imagining how it's gonna work.

We are currently focused on the Wii U version of this game. We are really trying to make the best use of all the WiiU's features. This includes the Miiverse posts, the game pad, etc... Below are two screenshots of Miiverse in action.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA