As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, that explains the Black Flag issue I was having.
    This can be related to the way the game plays back sound through the Wii U itself. If the Wii U is set to Surround Sound in the settings, but the device it's plugged in to does not support surround sound, the voices will not be heard and many or some sounds will not play correctly.

1. From the Wii U Menu, launch System Settings.
    2. Using the left analog stick, scroll to the right to find the TV icon and press the A button.
    3. Select TV Audio-Output Type near the bottom of this page.
    4. Click the middle option, Stereo.
    5. Press the B button to return to the main menu and relaunch the game.

If the sound plays correctly now in the game, then you may need to review your television or speaker settings / configuration before trying to enable surround sound again.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    That comparison is confusing. In some scenes it's much more saturated, in others it's darker... I uh... i don't know what to think.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Why didn't they show a comparison of in-game footage instead of a cutscene?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Why didn't they show a comparison of in-game footage instead of a cutscene?

Because then their split view would break apart when it's not exactly the same.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    They could have shown tool assisted gameplay so they would match up.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Capture is probably not set to RGB Limited (which the Wii U is). If you see official images and compare them to the same scene on 360 you can tell that a) that video is wrong and b) the 360 version has black crush.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I bought the Wonderful 101 Soundtrack because Platinum Games should get more money.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That video does not do the Wii U any favors if it really does have what looks like a light layer of white fog over the whole game.

It does looks like it doesn't hitch up like the 360 version would do every now and then.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Yeeesh. It looks so much better on the 360

• KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    As an owner of Bayonetta for PS3, I think the Wii U version looks pretty good.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    I bought the Wonderful 101 Soundtrack because Platinum Games should get more money.

Honestly I intend to get i at some point as well, it's just that these couple months are just too full of things to buy already.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, that looks more like there was something wrong with their capture than something wrong with the WiiU.

I'll be able to check on my own once I have the game, but unless something went seriously wrong I can't imagine Bayo 1 looking that washed out.

Especially after seeing Bayo 1 on the various Treehouse streams looking so damn good.

Taramoor on
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It's probably just that the Wii U version is lit differently, or some other technical stuff. The 360's shadows and blacks look super dark and saturated for some reason.

Of course, once the action bit started, the whole comparison just gets super confusing to even look at, so I kind of gave up.

edzepp on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    360 blacks ALWAYS look darker, it's got a nasty habit of crushing black detail, especially in captures. I noticed this on nearly all the 360 vs PS3 videos, the 360 always looked darker whilst the PS3 looked 'washed out'.

I imagine the WiiU version isn't lit any differently, it's likely just how it's been captured. I'm quite content to ignore the washed out look, I'm positive it'll look just fine and from the video it appears the odd framerate hitch in the 360 version has been ironed out here.

Here's a 60fps comparison (play at double speed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDMYuRkXIaU

and here's the PS3 comparison (30fps):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpZaWAvQb7w

It's still lighter on the WiiU compared to PS3 but not drastically, I'm putting it down to capture issues unless something is highlighted in reviews.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I've seen some other comparisons, and something seems up with the capturing. ;

A Wii U screen shot:

DZmEHlJ.jpg

A comparison from the videos:

DVesI3O.png

edzepp on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    "Eggman the Destroyer"?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Sonic reference obviously. It was a Sega game after all.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Why is that even an issue. Did anybody really think that they would redo ANY assets from the first game, or hell redo ANY-thing at all. Did anybody think that they would have put any effort into the release of B1 on WiiU, I think I have a bridge to sell some people then. Let's just all admit that a big company will do as little as possible on an old game ... that they are giving away for basically FREE.

Bottom line ... it looks fine for a free (practically free anyway) game.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Seeing as how we did get some new costumes in it (mostly superficial, but still new), it seemed like, yeah, they were going back in there and tinkering around more than just "get it to run".

edit: I'm not saying I think the game looks terrible or am disappointed with how it runs, because from what I can tell its more of a video output issue than anything. But suggesting that fans shouldn't be disappointed in how something runs on the WiiU just because its a port- a port that Nintendo is overseeing and has a hand in, of all things- is preposterous.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Finally beat Lego City with a whopping 24% completion. Good thing the world is so fun to run around in, should be easy to keep going back to it.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Seeing as how we did get some new costumes in it (mostly superficial, but still new), it seemed like, yeah, they were going back in there and tinkering around more than just "get it to run".

edit: I'm not saying I think the game looks terrible or am disappointed with how it runs, because from what I can tell its more of a video output issue than anything. But suggesting that fans shouldn't be disappointed in how something runs on the WiiU just because its a port- a port that Nintendo is overseeing and has a hand in, of all things- is preposterous.

You guys, you guys. Bayo 1&2 look amazing and you won't be disappointed. Trust me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Pushing it a bit there, aren't you?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Pushing it a bit there, aren't you?

Nah, it should be fine. It's not like I'm talking about games that haven't been announced. And I won't speak on it anymore than to say the games look great, but the screenshots and videos out there already should have told you that. ;)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    My loyalty is extremely cheap. I'd report Dover to Nintendo for leaking so fast just for an early copy of Smash Bros.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    My loyalty is extremely cheap. I'd report Dover to Nintendo for leaking so fast just for an early copy of Smash Bros.

But... it's less than two weeks away now? And the multiplayer is a big part of the fun anyways. Shouldn't you make that two copies? I can handle the wait. Hyrule Warriors comes out Friday :D

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

But... it's less than two weeks away now? And the multiplayer is a big part of the fun anyways. Shouldn't you make that two copies? I can handle the wait. Hyrule Warriors comes out Friday :D

A Wii U version

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

I'd do the same for Bayonetta Dover.

For these idle threats, I'll report to the high command that Smash, Bayo, and Hyrule Warriors need to be delayed for "polishing".

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    kielbasa_zwyczaj_4af4ee1c5d534.jpg
    ?

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

MNC Dover wrote: »
    For these idle threats, I'll report to the high command that Smash, Bayo, and Hyrule Warriors need to be delayed for "polishing".

Thanks for putting that in writing :D

Don't fall for his bluff: Dover is low on the Nintendo totem pole. I hear he cleans the Yoshi stables.

YL9WnCY.png
    It's not that bad. It's mostly just egg shells.

Unless it's the Delfino Island Yoshis.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ech, fruit vomit is the worst!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    My Wii Fit U routine was rudely interrupted this morning with the following:
    There is a problem with the system memory.
    For help, make a note of the error code and visit support.nintendo.com.
    Error code: 160-0103
    1) 5.1.2 2) WUP-101(02) 3) FW406819657 4)AFC5-0211-7350

Lovely...

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Dover needs to push the higher ups to re-license Popeye so I can get my Popeye on. Every bug report or feedback submitted needs to say "Error: Game is lacking Popeye".

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Dover needs to push the higher ups to re-license Popeye so I can get my Popeye on. Every bug report or feedback submitted needs to say "Error: Game is lacking Popeye".

It's coming. Whether it will be actually worth playing is another question.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    My Wii Fit U routine was rudely interrupted this morning with the following:
    There is a problem with the system memory.
    For help, make a note of the error code and visit support.nintendo.com.
    Error code: 160-0103
    1) 5.1.2 2) WUP-101(02) 3) FW406819657 4)AFC5-0211-7350

Lovely...

It's just telling you how many pushups you need to do - 406819657.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Like, the actual character model replaced by one of Dover? Dover wearing the Bayonetta outfit?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »

Like, the actual character model replaced by one of Dover? Dover wearing the Bayonetta outfit?

pleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyes