As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Dunno if there's a Wonderful 101 thread, but this should catch some folks eyes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918517

Cheat codes, in this day and age! Hidden secrets that were never found!

B0sejaHCUAAatyB.jpg:large

Unlocking codes for Bayonetta, Rodin, and Jeanne in W101.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    [Disregard. I can't read]

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    [Disregard. I can't read]

Quite possible you saw my pre-edit. I didn't quite understand the news either - I don't have a WiiU, just some folks I know were talking about it elsewhere, so I figured I'd spread the word.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Hrrmm, weeks of plugging away at bars in destiny has left me in a vulnerable state--I'm debating picking up a wiiu, 3d world, donkey kong, and bayonetta, and paying for a good deal of it by getting rid of my ps3 and vita.

Is the pro controller a must for more technical stuff like bayonetta?

Does the wiiu need any kind of specific setup in orientation with the room, the tv, and where I'm sitting?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Pro controller isn't a must, I've been playing with the gamepad and then switching to the classic controller pro (IT SUPPORTS THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO!) when it's out of battery. Amazing game.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Hrrmm, weeks of plugging away at bars in destiny has left me in a vulnerable state--I'm debating picking up a wiiu, 3d world, donkey kong, and bayonetta, and paying for a good deal of it by getting rid of my ps3 and vita.

Is the pro controller a must for more technical stuff like bayonetta?

Does the wiiu need any kind of specific setup in orientation with the room, the tv, and where I'm sitting?

The Pro controller has all the same inputs as the Game Pad and they feel about the same to me personally, it's just about how big and heavy the controller feels in your hands. Up to you on whether you can tolerate it or enjoy it more with one or the other. It's not a bad idea to have the Pro controller anyway though for good multiplayer times.

Most Wii U games don't make use of the sensor bar, that's primarily a Wii thing. If you want to be able to play Wii games with the pointer, you will need to be able to put the sensor bar by your TV and the Wii U will need to be close enough for its cable, though there are third party wireless ones. Generally though it shouldn't be a problem.

The pad has a decent range, you'll have no issue within the same room, but it can lose signal badly through walls. If you plan on playing via the pad in bed and it's on the other end of your house from the living room, it probably won't reach. Again, that depends on how you plan on playing the system and what's important to you.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Pro Controller is just the Gamepad - a screen + fantastic battery life. It is really good at what it does, and I absolutely love mine, but its not necessary by any means. The Gamepad is a good, sturdy controller and is surprisingly comfortable to hold.

You don't need any special set-up, though keep in mind that the WiiU Gamepad has a range of about ~30 feet from the WiiU, and has trouble going through walls or facing the opposite direction. Generally speaking, if you're in the same room, you're absolutely fine.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Thanks, I think I'm good then.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, I was looking it up, and...

Are Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 combined really bigger than the entirety of the Wii U Deluxe version's hard drive?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Are Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 combined really bigger than the entirety of the Wii U Deluxe version's hard drive?

I believe Bayonetta 1 is 12 GB and Bayonetta 2 is 15 GB.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    skeldare wrote: »

I am so, so glad I opted for the physical copy, DDP be damned

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

ojmrYeJ.jpg

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

Get yourself a 2TB hard drive. It will never, ever get full.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Bayonetta 2 is sitting next to me, but I'm having too much fun with Hyrule Warriors to take the wrap off.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Picked up Bayonettas, playing the first. It's very Platinum so far.

Looking at the costume descriptions, it looks like the Link outfit is the only one with a gameplay change that isn't cosmetic. The description sounds like the fighting style is somewhat based on Metal Gear Rising's parry system.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Looking at the costume descriptions, it looks like the Link outfit is the only one with a gameplay change that isn't cosmetic. The description sounds like the fighting style is somewhat based on Metal Gear Rising's parry system.

Metal Gear Rising's style is based on Bayonetta's.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is sitting next to me, but I'm having too much fun with Hyrule Warriors to take the wrap off.

You bought it on release day, that's the important thing and the best you could have done to support Nintendo for their incredible faith in Platinum.

Get your fill of Hyrule Warriors because once you start Bayonetta 1 & 2, if the gameplay and characters click with you, you won't remember other games exist for a good while

Viskod on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

It basically gives you the Moon accessory right from the start, I think

It's very powerful but the timing is somewhat more strict than Revengeance

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yeah I just got mine. beside taking an eon to transfer everything it's been pretty nice having access to all my games.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Picked up Bayo 2 today, what an amazing game. Still can't believe it's been so long since the first. Co-Op mode is awesome and it's a quick way to get halos, so anyone that wants to hit me up please do so. The loads of halo-cash await us.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    HondaCivetHondaCivet Registered User regular
    I picked up Bayonetta 2 today as well! It's kind of a funny story actually . . . I preordered it and when I got there, they told me I ordered 2 copies. I have no idea how but that's what the order said. Anyway, JUST as the clerk says that, another lady walks up and asks if she can get a copy of the game! They had already said they didn't have any spare copies outside of preorders . . . so the clerk let her have "my" extra. :) So I totally accidentally made 2 release day sales for the game! :biggrin: Also I'm really happy to see other ladies buying the game.

AND I got my shiny Gengar code too. So it was a very worthwhile trip indeed.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    When I picked up a copy at Target it was the last one. They said they only got in 6 copies.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    So if I level up my amiibo figure, can that act as a second player in all this co-op gameplay?

Got BotP'd. Anyone?

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros next month.

My WiiU is seeing more attention from me than it has in a while, and is likely to see more, and I'm happy about that.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So if I level up my amiibo figure, can that act as a second player in all this co-op gameplay?

Got BotP'd. Anyone?

Probably not, no.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Is it normal for the Wii U disc drive to be loud and make clicking noises? I'm playing a disc game on my Wii U for the first time and it's making a lot of noise.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time figuring out why the original Wii Remote doesn't work on Smash. One of mine isn't Plus but I had assumed that would be fine given all the controller options they were offering.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time figuring out why the original Wii Remote doesn't work on Smash. One of mine isn't Plus but I had assumed that would be fine given all the controller options they were offering.

According to the Smash Bros website, you can use non Plus remotes.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry11.html
    Wii Remote Plus
    You can play by holding it sideways. You can use a normal Wii Remote as well.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Is it normal for the Wii U disc drive to be loud and make clicking noises? I'm playing a disc game on my Wii U for the first time and it's making a lot of noise.

That..doesn't sound normal at all, no.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Hmm. I dunno. Sometimes I feel like certain discs make a lot of noise compared to the console's regular operation (especially Xenoblade). I've learned to not pay it too much mind until everything stops working.

Which hasn't happened yet.

• Options

With the necessity external hds for digital purchases, it's like the wii u is secretly the same price or more expensive than the big boy consoles.

Guess I'll have to stick with discs for the time being.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    There's nothing necessary about digital purchases...

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

With the necessity external hds for digital purchases, it's like the wii u is secretly the same price or more expensive than the big boy consoles.

Guess I'll have to stick with discs for the time being.

I mean you could just buy a small slow drive similar to what the PS4 or Xbox One have for a couple of dollars in a few weeks (Cyber Monday).

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    edit: whoops wrong thread

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I still don't have an external on my 32 gig machine. I don't have too many digital purchases. I've got quite a few smaller games like some Zen Pinball tables, Nano Assault, Duck Tales, Trine 2, D&D Mystara, some VC games, some demos...I've also got Wii Fit U on there. I own digital Game & Wario but haven't installed it because that was finally one game I didn't have room for, but it's not like I'm worried about not having it on there, I can download it any time.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying Bayo 1. The combat is very good, and it's amusing to see things that either reference older Kamiya games (one move is basically Stinger, Bullet Climax and another move in the shop are a lot like moves Sylvia had in Viewtiful Joe 2), or would later be referenced by later Kamiya games (the sword-draw attack, the mixing system, Bayonetta's dodge limit)

But if there's one thing I don't like, it's the QTEs. Not their presence, but how easy it is to fail them, combined with the penalty for doing so. Instant death is very harsh in a game where continuing tanks your score. And having to start the chapter over if you decline continuing is kind of annoying. I guess I got used to The Wonderful 101, wherein QTEs are more obvious when they show up, only do some damage when you fail, and are funny to fail. That, and W101 will only boot you back to start of chapter on boss battle chapters.

And it looks like Bayo 2 has the exact same QTE policy, so I guess that's something I'll have to get used to.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hrrrm, does 2 have those overly long minigame sections (space shooter, motorcycle, turret) with bad checkpoints as well? Probably my least favorite parts of the first one, along with any cutscenes or qtes.

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    About halfway through Bayo 2 and I haven't seen any of the death on failure QTEs. Also I've seen 1 on-rails mini game, and it wasn't nearly as long as any of the Bayo 1 mini games.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Hmm. I dunno. Sometimes I feel like certain discs make a lot of noise compared to the console's regular operation (especially Xenoblade). I've learned to not pay it too much mind until everything stops working.

Which hasn't happened yet.

I got a few clicks during some Bayonetta 1 cutscenes last night

I've kind of learned to accept weird noises from consoles from certain games though, I didn't really pay it any mind

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular

I've posted this in the Bayonetta 2 thread in the past, but I wouldn't be glad about the physical copy if the loading times are anything like W101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyxhtJlv0yk

It isn't something that will really bother you if you're playing through the game casually, but if you're trying to go for pure platinum ranks, screw up a mission and have to restart it will quickly become annoying. Something like a Kakhoo-Regah (the W101 equivalent of an Alfheim) incurs a load time when you enter, and if you choose not to retry then you have another load while you exit (and exiting to retry doesn't count against your rank).

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru