As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Raid 2 and other, inferior, [MOVIES]

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Monkeys aren't apes, you racists

Thank you. I've been restraining myself from saying this and it was driving me crazy.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Ook

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I already bought tickets for a 10:00 of Apes
    I wonder if I can do the 7:00 of Rifftrax as well
    I'll probably be the only one in the theater for Rifftrax

I've got tickets to Rifftrax tonight. Went to the last 2 they did as well (Birdemic and Starship Troopers). All three sold out.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'd honestly be surprised if anyone in this city knew what Rifftrax was

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Oh yea, MS right? That might be a problem.

Well I'm FL panhandle so I was surprised, but it was nice having the full theater.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm watching Kill Bill for the first time

i don't know if i like kill bill very much

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Monkeys aren't apes, you racists

Thank you. I've been restraining myself from saying this and it was driving me crazy.

Well, I know that.

We were just discussing the subplot in the latest Planet of the Apes film where Caesar considers giving guns to Ceboidea as part of a desperate gambit against the humans.

I'll avoid spoilers, except to say things take a tragic turn, and we all learn a valuable lesson.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm watching Kill Bill for the first time

i don't know if i like kill bill very much

I think the Kill Bill series is one who either love or don't like at all.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    But me?

I love Kill Bill.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am not a Kill Bill fan, myself

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh my god guys Ghostbusters is getting a theatrical re-release for Labor Day weekend only

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I'd honestly be surprised if anyone in this city knew what Rifftrax was

You might be surprised. Pennsylvania ain't exactly cosmopolitan outside of the ends and yet our local theaters have been selling out Rifftrax Live ever since Jack The Giant Killer

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I love Kill Bill a whole lot.

• Options
    Speaking of Sharknado Rifftrax, any of you homps done watching it yet? I'm going to the Tuesday replay.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Sharknado Rifftrax, any of you homps done watching it yet? I'm going to the Tuesday replay.

It was fantastic.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    I just got back, and it was absolutely fantastic (well, the riffing, not Sharknado). If you can catch the rebroadcast, then I highly recommend it.

Unless you're a giant fan of Tara Reid or Tasmania.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Outstanding.

Godzilla 98 is in August and Anaconda is in October. This looks to be a good year for Riffing.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If have to drive an hour or so to St. Cloud to catch any rifftrax.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    oh my god guys Ghostbusters is getting a theatrical re-release for Labor Day weekend only

I knew this already. Do we have a list of theaters yet? I swear to God if there isn't anything within two hours of me...

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I knew this already. Do we have a list of theaters yet? I swear to God if there isn't anything within two hours of me...

...you'll drive more than 2 hours??

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

...you'll drive more than 2 hours??

For Ghostbusters?

Possibly.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »

This is a dumb analogy

Aside from how it was filmed, Sin City is pretty bad

Just because they filmed it a cool way doesn't mean it's not a shit movie

Just one that was made interestingly

The gimmick behind Boyhood is really, really cool, but I've been wondering if it would rely too much on that and forget to be a good movie in its own right

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Luc Besson: Amazing director

Luc Besson: dumbass hack writer no n-NOOOO HELP STOP DRAGGING ME AWAY

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Besson forever gets a pass with Leon though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Leon is a great movie but can also be reallllllly uncomfortable.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Leon is a great movie but can also be reallllllly uncomfortable.

Well I mean

That's sort of the point

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I still view Columbian as the Leon sequel is was suppose to be.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Still can't excuse a brain-percentage movie in the year of old 2014

• Options
    And of course Boyhood is playing nowhere near me for the entire length of its theatrical run

Maybe I shouldn't be too thrown off by the gimmick, Linklater clearly knows how to use real time to his advantage in making great films, the Before trilogy is goddamned amazing

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Still can't excuse a brain-percentage movie in the year of old 2014

Coumbiana is a different one. It's the one from 2011 where Zoe Saldana kills a lot of people.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    He's talking about Lucy.

Wait, maybe the script was written in like mid-late 90s and has just been shelved for a really long time?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I was talking about Lucy

• Options
    Would it be better if they just didn't give a hard number like ten percent?

Because I watched Inception the other day and they basically say the same thing, except they disguise it as "we only use a fraction of our brain's true potential"

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Well there is an actual level of time dilation with dreams. You can be in REM sleep for maybe 20 minutes and in that time fabricate enough fake memories to cover days or even weeks because it's kinda like a movie, you're only hitting the high points.

It would honestly be better if they just had a buff-ass Senator on top of a giant mech screaming about nanobots because the brain percentage thing is so thoroughly debunked that it's not even laughable anymore.

Weaver on
  • Options
    The thing is, is that Limitless is still a really good movie

And uses the same trope

I think I can forgive it if the movie around it is highly entertaining

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Limitless was so dumb but I kind of liked it anyway

and fuck ya'll I'mma see Lucy

possibly for free, I got an invite to a preview screening

• Options

Because I watched Inception the other day and they basically say the same thing, except they disguise it as "we only use a fraction of our brain's true potential"

Well, it's also what she can do with it.

Brains being used for really, really fast processing and advanced simulated environments if you're in them? Cool. Fine. Makes sense for a movie.

Having your brain go so fast you shapeshift and have telekinesis? That's... a few steps further.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Well, it's also what she can do with it.

Brains being used for really, really fast processing and advanced simulated environments if you're in them? Cool. Fine. Makes sense for a movie.

Having your brain go so fast you shapeshift and have telekinesis? That's... a few steps further.

If you knew the science, maybe I'd listen to a word you're saying

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Limitless was really fun for the first half, and then it just became dumb.

And then the ending, wasn't really an ending really.

This discussion has been closed.