As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SchlitzKrieg 2014 - Beer and a Big Yellow Bus

2»

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Because I think we're going down downsize the tour, the teams have been combined into 2 teams. Team Widemouth has been absorbed by team Tallboy. Why? Because we've got an Omeganaut on Team Tallboy, which automatically makes it the coolest team on the bus.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Sold Out! If we get an additional 10 people in time to reserve the bus, we can open up more tickets. Considering how slow the forums are this year, I seriously doubt that will happen so if you'd like to go, post to this thread and you'll be put on a waiting list. The thread will be closely monitored in case we get enough participants to go with a big bus.

• Options
    Also, this is cool shit: I was sitting at the bar around the corner from my house, and noticed that the guy next to me was looking at the PA forums on his phone. I nosily introduced myself (like I do) and it turns out he lives across the street and is coming on the tour. The world is full of PAXers, if you know where to look. (at your neighborhood bar, evidently)

• Options
    BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    Ok we are the first 2 out 10 if you need more.

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
  • Options
    WedgerWedger Registered User regular
    I'd like to join you, as well.

“I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it.”
  • Options
    Both added to the waitlist. If we get 7 more who actually follow through and get tickets, we'll open it up and get the big bus.

• Options
    KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Yea, I probably should have signed up to this. Didn't know it was a ticket affair! Yell if you get room :)

Dominic
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ebagazareebagazare Registered User regular
    Im signed up for the valve tour for Wednesday, but I still haven't heard if that is confirmed. If there are more spots open I'd like to try to sign on for this. Let me know if more spots open up.

• Options
    ebagazare wrote: »
    Im signed up for the valve tour for Wednesday, but I still haven't heard if that is confirmed. If there are more spots open I'd like to try to sign on for this. Let me know if more spots open up.

Spots opening up is 100% dependent on whether we get 10 more people who confirm that they will definitely, absolutely, positively buy a ticket. That allows us to get a big bus because the bus cost is split across all attendees. 25 people is the minimum we need to make it affordable.

Just a head's up: it takes time to coordinate a tour like this with food, transportation, and everything else so it's possible that the tour tickets may be locked down before your confirmation for Valve comes through.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Here's the shirt for this year -> I'll have pricing and availability soon. Thanks @JobiwanKenobi‌ for taking time out of his busy training schedule to design this awesome Dr. Strangelove themed tour shirt!!

fn0k3skr40gc.png

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    Everyone on the tour should have gotten an email from me today about shirts. Unfortunately, the schedule is super short this year, so please let me know by the end of the day tomorrow (August 15) if you'd like to get a shirt.

If you didn't get the email, let me know and I'll PM you instead.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I'm unfortunately not going to be here, but I just wanted to toss something out there...

That shirt is dope.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    Kusanagi604Kusanagi604 Registered User regular
    I was so happy to see this thread come up and then I started cry as soon as I saw that it's happening on Wednesday. I had a blast meeting everyone but I totally understand. Lexi, it must have been totally brutal for you last year doing this and the Sheraton board game event on the same day. For all those going this year, enjoy, have fun and thank Lexi for putting on such an event.

• Options
    f33rNapalmf33rNapalm Registered User regular
    I couldn't make the tour this year, but is anyone organizing another beer swap event like last years?

• Options
    There's been talk of it off the forums, but nothing concrete yet, as far as I know.

• Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    beer swap sounds fun. I would be willing to participate :)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I was so happy to see this thread come up and then I started cry as soon as I saw that it's happening on Wednesday. I had a blast meeting everyone but I totally understand. Lexi, it must have been totally brutal for you last year doing this and the Sheraton board game event on the same day. For all those going this year, enjoy, have fun and thank Lexi for putting on such an event.

The only way it worked last year was by not attending either, and holding down the fort at the shop while everyone ran around and drank. Hooray for Vespas! Mine got me to and from the breweries ahead of you, but in torrential downpours (remember the rain?). We shall miss you this year, but perhaps next year? Methinks from now on the Krieg will always be on the Wednesday before PAX.

And not to forget that it wouldn't have been possible at all without the copious and generous assistance the day before from @magnuscarter and @jobiwankenobi , who both helped put the swag bags and booklets together.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    LOOKING FOR A VOLUNTEER! Does anybody want to be the official Burgermeister for the breakfast meetup at the Athenian? There's a possibility that I'll need to be out getting the van and stuff and may not be able to meet up with everyone.

Basically it just means getting to the restaurant a few minutes early to make sure the staff expect a group, and then making sure that everyone makes it out in time to catch the van.

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    I was planning on heading to Athenian for breakfast, so don't mind getting there earlier to warn them of the incoming group.

• Options
    Baka Al wrote: »
    I was planning on heading to Athenian for breakfast, so don't mind getting there earlier to warn them of the incoming group.

Great, thanks Al! I'll email you with details.

• Options
    LesStewartLesStewart Barrie, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I just into Seattle from Toronto and would relish the opportunity to buy a multitude of drinks for fellow PAXers. Send me a message at Les.p.stewart@gmail.com if there is room in the party.

EDIT: A wild canuck has appeared at the Sheraton!

LesStewart on
  • Options
    The SchlitzKrieg was a blast yesterday, thank you to everyone who participated! The weather was gorgeous, the ferry rides were beautiful, and the beer flowed a'plenty. As always, please post any photos you have from the tour.

If you have comments or suggestions for next year, please share.

FYI: From now on, the tour will always be on the Wednesday before PAX.

@LesStewart - definitely come next year! You responded a bit too late to get in on it yesterday.

• Options
    Also, we have 3 Tshirts left if anyone wants to get one. I'll be at the Sheraton game night tonight - there's 2ea XL, and 1 Large. $7 each.

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    A deliciously fun time as always. Thank you @LexiconGrrl‌ ! I took a few pics and they are here but I have to say, this one is just spectacular...

hs19rvej9mhc.jpg

• Options
    BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    He promised never to let me go.
    A deliciously fun time as always. Thank you @LexiconGrrl‌ ! I took a few pics and they are here but I have to say, this one is just spectacular...

hs19rvej9mhc.jpg

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
  • Options
    He promised never to let me go.

hs19rvej9mhc.jpg

You guys win at Internets today.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Thanks again for putting on such an awesome tour, @LexiconGrrl‌ - you are all the various kinds of fabulous!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1