As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I'm rather annoyed that I handed in masking items and was told I'd get a card to redeem it, but still haven't gotten that card

that is exceptionally bad luck; i've gotten it 5 times :(

rRwz9.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Whoopsie I ate something I shouldn't have and got Unaccountably Peckish

So then I looked up how to get rid of it

They neglected to mention it would give me 1 point of Seeking

Then I read the next card wrong and instead of backing out I got another point.

I got it correct on the next action though.

knitdan on
    β€œI was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Stuck waiting for an opportunity card that doesn't want to show up to continue on my Ambition

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Maddoc wrote: Β»
    Stuck waiting for an opportunity card that doesn't want to show up to continue on my Ambition

Similar here, I thought I kept the tower of eyes card, went to buy the last things on the list for an orphanage, came back and realized I had accidentally discarded it. That was about 2 nights ago

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I didn't quite realise what a trek I was in for with Flute St and set off with some menaces unwisely high. I made it there okay, but if I make it out again without going either mad or dead it'll be quite an achievement. Not letting me use menace reducing items while out there was a bit of a surprise.

Edit: Boo! Made it to the end and then lost on gaining a fossil because I already have one. Robbed!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh @Caulk Bite 6 it looks like the Encounter at the Feast storylet is now available full-time without needing to draw a card

rRwz9.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Welp, I've now caught up to the end of the current content for the Nemesis Ambition.

Which, best I can tell, hasn't been updated in over two years.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Polythreme seems like some real bullshit.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

This is a correct assessment of Polythreme

I ate an engineer
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    oh "Caulk Bite 6" it looks like the Encounter at the Feast storylet is now available full-time without needing to draw a card

Yeah, I just noticed that. Got a bunch of companions as well as a Pentacost Ape!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • AersienAersien Registered User regular
    The Feast has ended and I have taken to the Zee for the first time. Seal, here I come!

Zailing is slow though! And I'm going to have to do this, what, five times if I want to fill out my monster roster? More if I'm collecting cellars of wine?

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Wait, how can you collect cellars of wine while you're out zailing? I've been looking for good sources since moving on from being an author

It'll be something I can check into after I get back from wrecking my personal qualities in Venderbight while waiting to draw the Tomb-Lion card

mrpaku wrote: Β»
    Wait, how can you collect cellars of wine while you're out zailing? I've been looking for good sources since moving on from being an author

It'll be something I can check into after I get back from wrecking my personal qualities in Venderbight while waiting to draw the Tomb-Lion card

I think he's saying the Hound of Heaven to Cellars conversion requires more zailing for monster finding.

I ate an engineer
    That's what I mean.

I'm not at all sure it's an efficient source of wine, but at least it's reliable.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Man, being a POSI is pretty nice, makes a lot of the fun stories easier

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

How big is your hand?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

So I was composing at Court for the last few days but the Veteran Privy Councilor wants me to write that scandalous thing that will get me exiled. If I decline - I still have so many Correspondence symphonies left to write - can I accept later?

rRwz9.gif
    So I was composing at Court for the last few days but the Veteran Privy Councilor wants me to write that scandalous thing that will get me exiled. If I decline - I still have so many Correspondence symphonies left to write - can I accept later?

Yeah, he'll just keep asking you, I think

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: Β»
    Welp, I've now caught up to the end of the current content for the Nemesis Ambition.

Which, best I can tell, hasn't been updated in over two years.

That's a bit shameful

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    The Voluminous Library opportunity card is disappointing

Seems like the research option is only just barely worth spending an action

Hitting the content wall of my Ambition really has me feeling in a lurch

There are a few things I can pursue right now, but dang

I forgot... I forgot... Who am I?

XnRoZSN.png
    OU6WvG4.png

KjYcjaB.png
    poyatFY.png

GQ8YOm4.png
    8ZcDmzS.png

InUAyiP.png
    juTKxET.png

3kV6Xzd.png
    qQAJqxi.png

8E693F5.png
    1kz7XKZ.png

JGhM6c8.png
    jAS7vbY.png

tRg0L6u.png

There is nothing left of me, but...

I ate an engineer
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    holy shit

holy shit

A reckoning does not fuck around, Eddy.

I ate an engineer
    This is the third mostly-dead thing to try to have sex with me, JUST today

I'm starting to think it's me

Aw man, back in prison after failing my first heist. Is it me or is working up the Shadowy side of the pre-POSI content by far the most difficult?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    A couple of tricks:

1. If you just need Shadowy you can sell Casing for it. Not the most efficient but helpful before you can afford Inside Information to have a chance to succeed at heists.

2. If you fail a heist (or end up with another menace at or above 8) you get told that your menace is very high. Before hitting "Onward" and going to prison or wherever you can go to the Myself tab and do two important things: switch to equipment that lowers the relevance menace (workman's clothes) and use a menace reduce (instant ablution solution). As long as you have those ready in hand you don't actually need to suffer arrest.

Just be sure to spend some quality time getting friends to take the blame or hassling constables in Spire before changing clothes again.

That's sneaky! And well worth knowing, cheers.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Weirdly, the Lady in Lilac option is at the top of my options list and doesn't go away when I use it.

• FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Hey i just ended up back in prison after failing a heist too. Dibs on the bottom bunk.

Fleeb wrote: Β»
    Hey i just ended up back in prison after failing a heist too. Dibs on the bottom bunk.

I'm already free! Got lucky on an early dirigible escape.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Weirdly, the Lady in Lilac option is at the top of my options list and doesn't go away when I use it.

yeah, the event is ending soon so they made them permanent so everyone can get what they want/need.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I just wish the normal storylines had warnings like the Mr. Eaten storyline does.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

milski wrote: Β»
    holy shit

A reckoning does not fuck around, Eddy.

I like how, at least on mobile, the nested spoilers make each image gradually smaller, as you continue through them.

Lesser.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Is there anything else to do on Flute Street once you've lured your Rubbery Hound?

The trip down was a good time, and the lore was really fun for a read the first time through, but nothing sinks my ongoing interest faster than making me ride the same carousel for a full day at a time to eke out solitary rewards (looking at you, Wilmot's End)

You could pay the 100 fate option to give you the option to have tentacle sex a limited number of times? Otherwise I don't think so.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: Β»
    Is there anything else to do on Flute Street once you've lured your Rubbery Hound?

The trip down was a good time, and the lore was really fun for a read the first time through, but nothing sinks my ongoing interest faster than making me ride the same carousel for a full day at a time to eke out solitary rewards (looking at you, Wilmot's End)

The only other things useful in Flute Street if that it is the only place you can reliably farm rubbery man favors. Also, once you hit forty rubbery renown you should stop by again for a reward.

But that's mostly it. Lore and minor rewards. And maybe a place to hide when the sixth city comes crashing down. Personally I am going to try to be in Parabola when that happens...

I'm up to 5 notability now, mainly thanks to robbing my own lawyers constantly

I got my first Notability basically accidentally

I am now the proud operator of my very own Orphanarium.

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.