As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES CLUB CARIBE PR LETSGO

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    noooooo idea

CHAMBERLAIN ADVANCES, BONK GETS HIS SHIT PUSHED IN

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    oh one more thing, be careful when throwing out low attacks in neutral because she can flipkick over them and punish you into a hard knockdown

Haha this was one of the big issues I was having playing against her. I admittedly put out cr.mk a bit too much sometimes.

Thanks so much for the info! <3

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Lol. Hugo can combo into his butt splash from mp or ex clap with some interesting applications in the corner.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Ggs also to @chamberlain‌ and @Knob‌

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdVGgEaUGA

hugo compilation

Number 1 Hugo and Rose on XBL + #1 Rose in Japanese arcade

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    ok i'm going to get into street fighter for real this time. if i can do this game i can do anything

what...whats the best way to go about this you guys.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    play it and have friends who play it and then play those friends, lose, and then research on the internet how to ruin their day when you get the runback

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdVGgEaUGA

hugo compilation

Number 1 Hugo and Rose on XBL + #1 Rose in Japanese arcade
    Thanks for the link. I like his jab into st hp setups. Also he shows that getting meat squasher cancels is crucial. And he actually did a whiff clap setup. I think I'm going to borrow whiff clap, cr lp setup.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    you know, we joke about that sanford video, but he really does offer some sound advice

1. pick a top tier
    2. keep that shit real
    3. keep it tight

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    picking a top tier doesn't really matter if they don't click for you and you don't enjoy playing them
    because spending time with a character is how you get results, and if you don't like the character you won't spend the time

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    P10 wrote: »
    picking a top tier doesn't really matter if they don't click for you and you don't enjoy playing them
    because spending time with a character is how you get results, and if you don't like the character you won't spend the time

I like to read up on all the fluff about a character to get in that mindset. Read a shitton about muay thai and muay boran when I was learning Sagat. I even look at all their colors and all their taunts and win quotes to see which ones I want to use.

In Hugo's case, I'm a johnny come lately to the Andre the Giant fandom. I was too young to properly appreciate him outside of wrestling and the princess bride but when I was older and he had passed I happened to read some intriguing articles about him. That started me on researching about his life. I'm honestly kind of in awe at how larger than life he was in reality. I wish very much that I had known about his struggles sooner but when you are young that shit doesn't occur to you.

I'm glad now that he has left behind such an indelible legacy and that I can play a character based on him in my favorite video game. In a small way I like to think I'm helping keep a memory alive. /maudlin anecdote

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I even look at all their colors and all their taunts and win quotes to see which ones I want to use.

everyone playing thawk should use taunt 4 btw

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    I thought the title was UNiB

The original arcade release was Under Night in Birth and it was broken as fuuuuuuck.

They put out a patch that made it Under Night in Birth Exe Late (because why not?) and some people have decided to now abbreviate it as UNIEL.

Just to clear up any confusion.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Thanks yo.

I am torn, I could do business with Gamestop and make a ps3 affordable so I can have a fight machine.

Or I can wait? But I don't see fight night moving on from ps3/ Xbox for a few years and Sony always keeps games coming on their previous console.

Xbox is out because it doesn't have brooray/ anime

• Options
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WATCH ME LOSE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oco4ABUKSBk

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Oh god I forgot you signed up with Timothy

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Should've used the gun.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
    Sorely tempted to get UNiB now.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    @Folken Fanel

Tonight. You. Me.

Blast Furnace.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    @Folken Fanel

Tonight. You. Me.

Blast Furnace.

Blast furnace isn't in kof..

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Radius wrote: »

Goddamn Jiyuna,

If anyone wants more UNIEL

make sure you are watching Brett and Coopa they are running lobbies pretty much 24/7 I believe.

twitch.tv/thebrett
    twitch.tv/finestko

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    no more infinites pls

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WATCH ME LOSE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oco4ABUKSBk

You can see at the end of the first round where I stop resisting the dark side and played 'bad connection Blanka, the best/worst character ever'.

• Options
    why are you even doing anything to T.Hawk besides blanka balls

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I love that the combo doesn't even do damage

• Options

He can punish a blocked one with forward dash roundhouse, I believe, or jab it before it hits.

• Options

He can punish a blocked one with forward dash roundhouse, I believe, or jab it before it hits.
    He can punish it at all spaced and Knob can't reaction jab balls on 3 bars

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Walt is a monster

• Options
    We should all fight after I eat pizza

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So anyway I tried playing some Viper...

• Options

He can punish it at all spaced and Knob can't reaction jab balls on 3 bars

I random ultrad in the first round! Is that not scrubby enough?

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Using throws as punishes is the real scrub tactic.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Not if it's all you have time for! Also setups off throws are a great way to start a set play

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Panic move or mind games, you decide.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    After some careful deliberation (20 minutes in lab) I have decided...blanka seems cool.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    You're on the list.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Play Yun

• Options
    Play Yun, Rose, and Fei

This discussion has been closed.