As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Analog Random Number Generators (Tabletop Thread)

1565758596062»

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    you could make historically inaccurate, grossly fictionalized portrayels of any persons or cultures coming from, say, Europe

but you dare do such a thing to sacred Japan and some weeaboo fuckerdoodle is going to lecture you about how inaccurate that is while pushing his glasses up his nose

I bet those are the same weeaboo fags who watch Naruto.

Yeah, ninja were all the times wearing bright oran jumpsuits and spikey blonde hair.

All the fucking times.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    you could make historically inaccurate, grossly fictionalized portrayels of any persons or cultures coming from, say, Europe

but you dare do such a thing to sacred Japan and some weeaboo fuckerdoodle is going to lecture you about how inaccurate that is while pushing his glasses up his nose

Yeah, ninja were all the times wearing bright oran jumpsuits and spikey blonde hair.

All the fucking times.

For some reason every time I see that quote from Pony I keep imagining said weeaboo fuckerdoodle taking off his glasses and inserting them up a nostril.

Just shoving them right up there in e-rage.

The thought tickles me.

And from my limited understanding of Japanese history the Ninja weren't even particularly good assassins. They were mercenary scouts. They'd take assassination work, but they never successfully killed one of their targets.

One time they ambushed this one guy with cannon. Killed all his retainers but not the guy.

But don't say that on a forum, I have been e-castrated many times in the past.

I have an old White Dwarf somewhere with pictures of the old citadel ninjas range. They named each of the models. 'Nomba Too', 'Sooloo'. There were others that were funnier, but I don't remember.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ein, that is completely bad ass.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    DarkHawke wrote: »

All the fucking times.

For some reason every time I see that quote from Pony I keep imagining said weeaboo fuckerdoodle taking off his glasses and inserting them up a nostril.

Just shoving them right up there in e-rage.

The thought tickles me.

And from my limited understanding of Japanese history the Ninja weren't even particularly good assassins. They were mercenary scouts. They'd take assassination work, but they never successfully killed one of their targets.

One time they ambushed this one guy with cannon. Killed all his retainers but not the guy.

But don't say that on a forum, I have been e-castrated many times in the past.

I have an old White Dwarf somewhere with pictures of the old citadel ninjas range. They named each of the models. 'Nomba Too', 'Sooloo'. There were others that were funnier, but I don't remember.

I really wouldn't know anything about that. I would hesitate to say that every attempted assassination by "ninjas" is on record, or even the successful ones.

Let's just leave it at I don't know enough about ninjas to get outraged about them.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That is some good stuff, Ein.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

All the fucking times.

eh, I watch naruto too, but even I'm embarrassed by cockfags like that. Especially since I used to be like that, until I came to the realisation that it's complete douchebaggery. I stopped being that way around '98 or '99 (about 4 years after getting into the hobby)

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If comics have taught me anything, it is that masterless samurai hellbent on vengeance are the greatest assassins of all.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    If comics have taught me anything, it is that masterless samurai hellbent on vengeance are the greatest assassins of all.

Easily my favorite manga.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

All the fucking times.

eh, I watch naruto too, but even I'm embarrassed by cockfags like that. Especially since I used to be like that, until I came to the realisation that it's complete douchebaggery. I stopped being that way around '98 or '99 (about 4 years after getting into the hobby)

I have a similar story, except in mine I sort of stopped watching it all together.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

sounds familiar, but I can't place it. which one is that again?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

sounds familiar, but I can't place it. which one is that again?

Lone Wolf and Cub.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I want to say it is the Watchmen of Manga, but it doesn't do any of the media-referential stuff, so I will just say it is the greatest story told in the medium, bar none.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    ah right, I thought it sounded familiar. I haven't read it myself, but I've heard of it.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It's like 80 volumes long, and I don't want to say much about it besides the fact that it completely rules.

sarukun on
  • Options
    FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Getting back on topic, I should finally be able to post some pics of conversions I've done for my Tau force later tonight since I finally got a digital camera this weekend.

Just need to figure out how to work the f'n thing.

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I got to volume 13 of Lone Wolf and Cub and lost the will to keep going. I enjoyed what I read immensely but dunno, it got to me after a while.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So as it turns out, I'm doing pretty well in this Nemesis Crown escalation league. I won two out of my three games this weekend, and one of them was a god damned Conan style victory. We jump to 1500 points next week, where I feel like my Tomb Kings are really gonna shine.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    conan style ? and i would agree Tk are very solid at 1500. Get that 2nd scorpion and you should be in great shape.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Draeven wrote: »
    conan style ?

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hahah, just thought you were saying it was a bloodbath.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited June 2007
    That's basically what I was getting at.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What race were you fighting against?

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    In my bloodbath?
    Orcs and Goblins.
    I won my match against Bretonnians too, but when the dust settled I had only won by less than 200 VP.
    I accidentally skipped movement with one of my units, and it cost me a charge that could have allowed me to completely destroy his whole army. Instead he still had a unit of cav left at the end of turn 6.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    oh man, TK army against orcs and gobbos is just rout rout rout

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

It was mostly my Casket, and two liche priests locking up the magic phase that made the game so easy.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Manifest wrote: »

It was mostly my Casket, and two liche priests locking up the magic phase that made the game so easy.

did they succeed any leadership checks?

that's the one thing that would save my ass against greenskins when I played fantasy

those motherfuckers broke so damn easy

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    He had three characters in his army, each deployed with a unit. Those units didn't take as many casket hits, but the swarms of night goblins (and his spear chukka) sure did.
    I got lucky and scored a direct hit on my It Came From Below roll with my scorpion, and it popped out right next to two units which then had to launch their fanatics way over on his side of the board.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    you know the one thing I really really hate about greenskins though?

the fucking doomdiver.

suuuuuch bullshit.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    This is the end. The end of dog racing.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
This discussion has been closed.