As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Destiny! Give me your gamertags!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think sony has a few missions and cosmetic options locked up for the playstation

Yeah according to the preorder page they come on the disc.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    I had thought it was a timed exclusive until recently.

Just the beta and only by 5 days.

However, it should be noted the Xbone version won't be at 1080P at launch but they're expecting to get it up to that eventually.

XB1 is supposed to be 1080p at launch, it won't be 1080p for the beta. MS didn't ship out their latest dev kits till June.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm almost certain Lance Reddick is one of the mission givers

Yeah, he's the Titan Vanguard.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Nathan Fillion is the Hunter Vanguard. He's an Exo with a big spike sticking out of his forehead.
    What is a good weapons combo for a Warlock for PvP? I have a couple of guns I really like in PVE-- the Sahara storm auto rifle and some kind of scout rifle, but they don't work so well for me in PvP. The shotguns can hit hard, but their range is so short-- basically just a tiny bit past arms reach-- that using them is really difficult.

DouglasDanger on
    Aw, nuts. The beta is offline for scheduled maintenance.

Here's a thing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iwbwbp4a0I

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Nathan Fillion is the Hunter Vanguard. He's an Exo with a big spike sticking out of his forehead.

And I'm pretty sure Gina Torres is the Warlock vanguard.

Also, Claudia Black is definitely that vendor in the Tower courtyard, near the postmaster.

Darric on
    I wish the warlock's armband was something else, like a full armor sleeve or a unique gauntlet on their left hand or something. The Hunters' cloaks are so noticeable and awesome. I guess the Titans' sash is OK, but the Hunters' cloak is such a huge thing and it is awesome.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Aww, no more Destiny for two days.

Huh, looking at the sign in screen for shits and giggles and I see that I am #42041 in the queue. I really hope there aren't 42040 people just waiting for the servers to boot...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Really had a good time rolling with folks this weekend. The no voice chat thing is really weird and a bit disturbing. I mean, what is the rationale?

Also, got a warlock to level 8 and then switched to a Titan. I think warlock will be my class, but I am enjoying the opportunity to try different stuff.

I think you can only talk with people in your fireteam, but I didn't figure that out until this morning. That's a goofy thing. I guess they were probably hoping to protect us from ourselves-- everyone knows a 12 year old playing KORN or 50 Cent into his headset, or calling everyone slurs or whatever, but it is a bad idea.

I hit level 8 with my Warlock this morning, and completely forgot about the middle of the beta downtime thing. :(

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'm not ever using a headset if they have proximity chat. I think the idea of it is absolutely horrible, like giving loaded revolvers to kindergartners.

That's a ridiculously bombastic thing to say. It would be nice to talk to the random people you can meet up with, without having to make a fireteam. I hope there are some social things to do in the Tower when the game ships. It would be cool if you could get an apartment, or if there was a bar where you could play games such as poker or darts.

This guy shows some of the advanced or whatever you want to call it higher level armbands. They are still just a little armband, but they have holograms or something
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tclStQfiiZE

edited July 2014
    It would be nice to talk to the random people you can meet up with,

Or you could phrase that as "forced to hear people you encounter" which as far as I'm concerned would be nightmarish.

Magic Pink on
    edited July 2014
    I am a glass half full, not half empty, kind of guy :)

It figures the beta goes down for two days when I have a bunch of time to play it and have started to comprehend things. Oh well. It is still nice to have a monday off, and I did get to play it for a few hours this morning.

Is Christian Pearce doing work for this game? The androids around the Tower really remind me of his work. They look really great, especially that one with fur collar and the horns.

also, damn, i didn't realize there was an explore option
    what the hell

DouglasDanger on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Eh as long as there's an easy way to mute anybody you meet, it's no worse than any other voice chat in a game.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I wish the warlock's armband was something else, like a full armor sleeve or a unique gauntlet on their left hand or something. The Hunters' cloaks are so noticeable and awesome. I guess the Titans' sash is OK, but the Hunters' cloak is such a huge thing and it is awesome.

This is the source of my current dilemma.

On the one hand, space cloaks.

On the other, never stop thunder punching fools.

edited July 2014

I judge based on the situation. Jerks blasting rap and racial slurs falls squarely in the "bad" file. But if the community really wants it I'm sure it's coming.

Magic Pink on
    The Warlock's punch can be turned into a vampire health steal punch, but I don't know if you can keep leveling up class stuff after level 8.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    You can!

edited July 2014
    I hope the sort of bird-inspired warlock armor is still in the game

Rrp5l0A.jpg

There is a vulture hologram warlock bond armband thingie, so i am hopeful

the warlock on the far right looks like some star wars rebel soldier looted a speeder bike stormtrooper. that one looks super neato too

DouglasDanger on
    this is perfect level of goofiness. Check out this armor
    mtvaBnp.jpg

from dualshockers

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    I really wish you could get into the beta if you want to preorder it digitally through the One. It seems goofy I can only get into the Beta by pre-ordering a physical copy, which is what I want to avoid.

GMaster7 wrote: »
    Some guys on reddit glitched the environment at the entrance to the Forgotten Shore, clipped through the world, and through some exploring, they found an area with assets unlike what we've seen in the rest of the beta. Environment spoilers follow (no story spoilers), though obviously, this is all without context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFynhHBPzm4

Traditionally, I've been more hyped for the PvE, MMO elements of the game, but the Crucible sucked me in once I was kind of "done with" the story missions and a few runs of the Strike. Videos like this get me really excited to explore more of the world with you guys.

this is neat

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I really wish you could get into the beta if you want to preorder it digitally through the One. It seems goofy I can only get into the Beta by pre-ordering a physical copy, which is what I want to avoid.

You totally get beta access if you preorder the digital version on PS4

That's kinda shitty

Exclusivity is lame

6F32U1X.png
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Assuming you already preordered it digitally, what does it say under the Codes section of your bungie.net profile? If it says "Xbox One (Global) Come back on Jul 23 2014 to get your download code(s)!" that means a preorder code has already been applied to your account and you'll get the actual download codes emailed to you Wednesday. I don't know the xbox works automatically this way, but I believe the PS digital ones did.

Even if it doesn't, check here on Wednesday, I and others are sure to be posting our extra download codes.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    This game has a super super soundtrack. Is it up for pre-purchase anywhere yet?

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
    the ps4 beta is back up

edited July 2014
    I sure wish there was some easier way to turn momentum in MP rather than get all the vehicles!

Also, it sure seems like autorifles are the only worthwhile weapons aside from rocket launchers.

DouglasDanger on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So hey I've got three more PS4 codes and a PS3 code if anyone wants to check this out now that the beta is back up and running.

Just shoot me a PM if you want one.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm currently on the scrounge for any 360 codes going free?

forumsig.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Assuming you already preordered it digitally, what does it say under the Codes section of your bungie.net profile? If it says "Xbox One (Global) Come back on Jul 23 2014 to get your download code(s)!" that means a preorder code has already been applied to your account and you'll get the actual download codes emailed to you Wednesday. I don't know the xbox works automatically this way, but I believe the PS digital ones did.

Even if it doesn't, check here on Wednesday, I and others are sure to be posting our extra download codes.

Thanks - looks like it's not possible to preorder digitally at all on the One, which is pretty lame. I really hope they get that added soon, as it seems like obvious functionality.

If anyone has an extra One beta code floating around, I'd really appreciate it, and if not I'll hold out until release.

EDIT: Got a code, thank you!

Ganluan on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Alright I caved and pre-ordered this on Amazon. Anyone still need an Xbox One code? PM me.

I wish I could find a green autorifle to upgrade for PvP

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

You're also, as far as I know, a man. Proximity/area voice chat can create a situation that is toxic and/or threatening for female players. If they do include anything like that it'll need to be well moderated and really easy to block people.

Yeah, I am a man. I am guilty of being cis scum, i guess

I still wish there was team chat. If there is team chat, i am missing something, somehow, or literally no one else is wearing a headset

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Playing this right now.

Enjoying it so far.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh, by "everybody" they mean "everybody with gold or plus"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have plus... But also a ps3

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I got stuck on a screen waiting to balance players or something so I quit for now.

This discussion has been closed.