As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] PACW- WA:NG 2: WA:NG Harder. Sign Ups Always Open.

1789101113»

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Turner taps with almost-indecent haste, clearly not enjoying the experience. Robin lets go nearly immediately thereafter - he's a good guy, but Turner's pretty far from being his favorite person. Turner gets left in a heap in the middle of the ring as The Archer exits triumphant. But what of his mysterious announcement?

If you've got some sort of coda to add to the match, Reynolds, do. I'll type the promo up tomorrow afternoon.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Seems fine to me, we should wrap things up and start planning the next show. Time for everyone to speak up! I'm going to update my sheet with the new Heat and Face totals later. Along with a new wrestler...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    A new challenger approaches?!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Was at work later than anticipated. Tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Meanwhile, the dirtsheets are reporting that developmental talent James Martinson will be making his main roster debut next week under a new gimmick...

@Grunt's Ghosts would you perhaps be able to paste the wrestlers' profiles into the second and third post on the front page? Or we could all paste our updated sheets here right before the next week begins, and you could link to this page of the thread? Then repeat each week. Trying to scroll around and read about the characters is getting difficult.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    That episode was a blast, and I can't wait to see where all the storylines go from here!

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    How many cable shows are we doing before the first PPV? I'm guessing we'll use the first PPV to award the championship belt? This is all way too much fun.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Month of TV shows before the PPV? Granted we aren't confined to the same storytelling limits that the real thing is. Also, who's good with keeping track of things and spread sheets and wants to keep track of wrestler w-l stats? (Not it)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    My mechanic wants a piece of that Commie I'll tell ya that much!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I saw this linked somewhere earlier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nYRwRP_KWNDwKN3o8f6Gjk3JsFRnv9IX1tLeu1Ot52Q/

I was thinking three shows, then PPV? Make it a little more even, faster paced. Four then PPV is fine, too. I suggested we have the main events of this show and the next set up the two challengers for the main belt, with the losers wrestling for the mid-card belt. The old school system where the mid-card belt is the #1 contended for the main title would be fun. We could do a tag team tournament on the PPV for those belts, perhaps? Any other ideas?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I think 3 shows and a PPV works great. Keeps everything moving at a good pace. I like the main belt idea. I'm a little worried about the roster size if we start adding midcard and tag belts.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    That's similar to what Turner's promo will eventually be about, when I stop being sick as a dog, yeah. I'd like to put the Main Belt in KKP's hands and the Not-Main one in Turner's, for now, plus a tag-team belt if we had tag-teams.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Turner lies there for a while rubbing his wrist, clearly - to the eyes of the smarks in the audience - milking the tension as the audience grows restive. When he finally sits up and takes a microphone and a gym bag brought to him by a PA, the grin is back.

"Big surprise, right? We all knew he'd win; he's always been better at this than me, and the company's backing him. Good news, though!"

Turner unzips the gym bag and withdraws the old PACW Championship Belt.

"The title's still in the right hands."

He holds it up for everyone to see.

"They're going to be rolling out a new Championship belt at the end of the month at an event they're calling.... I don't know, something with the word battle in it. I've seen it! It's pretty good-looking, a really nice piece of hardware. We all know this is the real thing right here, though. Part of my new contract says the belt stays - whoever has it has the right to a shot at their new title or any other under their umbrella. We're calling it the Legacy Belt. This isn't like that other production's briefcase, though: you have to defend this thing before you can cash it in. Robin didn't know we were fighting for it tonight, but it's his now!"

Turner chuckles with self-satisfaction.

"So enjoy the target on your back, Robin. If you can hold onto this thing long enough to try to trade up, it'll be just another in a long list of chances I've given you. Oh - here's the best part: now that the Legacy Belt's in play, I don't get to set the matches for it unless I get it back or someone wins the Championship with it. In between, they go to a vote by you. The fans. This is my gift to you, guys! Be sure to let us know who Robin's fighting at... whatever the heck KKP is calling the next big event."

Turner rises and shrugs broadly, sliding lithely out of the ring like a snake and depositing the Legacy Belt on the announcers' table.

"Be sure he gets it, guys."

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So this should be how the final results look. I may have messed it up.
    1 Damage Promo/Nadare introduction promo. Damage 1 Face, Nadare 1 Face.
    2 Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic vs Steve "Stormy" Barnes. Boris Melovic 1 Heel
    3 Briggs Tobacco vs Archangel. Briggs 3 Heel.
    4 "The Archer" Robin Adams vs Alexander Turner. Robin Adams 4 Face
    5 Alexander Turner Promo 1 Heel or Face TBD

Back on page 5 Grunt posted this:
    Ok, and some rules on gaining Face/Heels changes.

You gain Face/Heels on winning based on your opponent's Feuds. So a Jobber gives you 1 Face, Curtain Jerker 2, Mid Carder 3, ect.
    However, if you, as the higher ranked wrestler, challenge someone lower than you, you gain Heel instead. But if that lower rank person challenges you, then you can get Face like normal.

Looking at it now I wonder if that change is too much? Would it be better if it was 2 Face for an even match win. 1 Face/Heel for a win against a lower ranked opponent. 3 Face for a hight ranked opponent?

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I think I forgot to make a roll for my promo, so your standings are off by at least that much, but I'll update the sheet later today if GG hasn't.

• Options
    I'd also get a Heel point for winning my match against Archangel via dirty tactic.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Should be correct now. I had match 3 all fubar for some reason. Sorry.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Manager: Reynolds (3 FP Starting) (3 FP Current)

Name: "The Archer" Robin Adams (Main Eventer) (3+1+2+3=9 FP)
    Gimmick: Archery Themed 80's Face
    Aspects: Incorruptible
    Feud: "Right on Target"
    Feud: Quiverplex
    Feud: All Heart

Approaches:

High-Flying: 3
    Roughneck: 1
    Technical: 4

Stunts:
    For the Kids: By mainly appealing to women and children, during Interviews he gains 2 FP on a success, but failure causes the core male demographic to turn on him and give 2 FP or 2 HP to his opponent or rival (their choice).
    Ring General: Once per match, after succeeding with style on defense, take the momentum and create an advantage.
    Bow & Arrow Stretch: Once per match, lock in this submission Finisher, gaining +2 to Technical Attacks. (When you use your finisher, you get a free invoke on any consequences your opponent has, in addition the the normal stunt bonus.)

Heat: 3 starting (5 current)
    Stress: [ ][ ][ ]
    Consequences: Minor: Major: Severe:

Background: A tall, athletic good guy that's popular with women and children, but tends to lose the support of the average wrestling fan during promos. His incredible in-ring performances have kept them on his side for the most part, and he works hard trying to convince the cynics to cheer for him. He's a bit too trusting and easy-going, and will give anyone a second chance (or three). Never breaks the rules, and even seems reluctant to 'bend' them when involved in no-DQ/hardcore matches, which some audiences don't appreciate. Not as large as power wrestlers or as quick as smaller high-flyers, his style strikes a balance that has brought him much success.

And, introducing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSQODTyn4To

Name: Xadrian Tiberius Cayn (Mid-Carder) (3+1+2=6 FP)
    Gimmick: The Xtremest Xtremist
    Aspects: Monster Energy
    Feud: "XTC = 123"
    Feud: Jaw Clencher

Approaches:

Powerhouse: 3
    Roughneck: 3

Stunts:
    No Sell: Xadrian can appear to be completely uninjured and unphased by most attacks, but suffers Stress and Consequences as normal. However, opponents only receive a Free Invoke for any Advantage or Consequence they create if they Succeed with Style to create it.
    Dynamite Rave: On concrete or on the dance floor, if you want more then I'll give you more. If it's too hardcore, then let me know, I'll stop the show. Cayn lives life on the edge, and he's willing to crash and burn to pull off something cool. He can take Stress to get +2, or Consequence to get +2/+4/+6 to an Attack roll, depending on the severity.
    Overdose: Once per match, hit your opponent with this Argentine piledriver Finisher, gaining +2 to Powerhouse Attacks. If this Attack succesfully inflicts Stress or Consequence, your opponent also gains the 'Overdosed' Aspect. (When you use your finisher, you get a free invoke on any consequences your opponent has, in addition the the normal stunt bonus.)

Heat: 2 starting (2 current)
    Stress: [ ][ ][ ]
    Consequences: Minor: Major: Severe:

Background: A monster of a man, Xadrian has the strength to smash through opponents, the resolve to ignore blinding pain, and the stamina to dance all night to the sickest beatz. A wylde chylde and legendary party gawd, Cayn is down for whatever, whenever. He's cavorted with the kewl kids at underground clubs around the world, and contorted the competition into unrecognizable shapes in wrestling rings around the world. He doesn't know the meaning of the word stop. Or slow down. Or no, too loud, sorry sir we're closed, moderation, designated driver, restraint, reckless endangerment, self control, personal space, or naked credit default swap. Seriously, he has an investment broker for that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Guys?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    You spoke, you lose the statue game

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Geth roll 4dF+5 for Interview Success?

So this time I get a Face point.

Interview Success?:
    4dF+5 5 [4dF=+1, -1, +1, -1]

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    So this should be how the final results look. I may have messed it up.
    1 Damage Promo/Nadare introduction promo. Damage 1 Face, Nadare 1 Face.
    2 Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic vs Steve "Stormy" Barnes. Boris Melovic 1 Heel
    3 Briggs Tobacco vs Archangel. Briggs 3 Heel.
    4 "The Archer" Robin Adams vs Alexander Turner. Robin Adams 4 Face
    5 Alexander Turner Promo 1 Heel or Face TBD

Back on page 5 Grunt posted this:
    Ok, and some rules on gaining Face/Heels changes.

You gain Face/Heels on winning based on your opponent's Feuds. So a Jobber gives you 1 Face, Curtain Jerker 2, Mid Carder 3, ect.
    However, if you, as the higher ranked wrestler, challenge someone lower than you, you gain Heel instead. But if that lower rank person challenges you, then you can get Face like normal.

Looking at it now I wonder if that change is too much? Would it be better if it was 2 Face for an even match win. 1 Face/Heel for a win against a lower ranked opponent. 3 Face for a hight ranked opponent?

Back when I proposed that scoring change it was a difference-in-rank idea rather than being more for higher ranked guys all the time, but that's what we went live with. If we meddle with it now, though, Jester and Reynolds are going to lose characters outright, so it's probably best we implement any changes on a strictly in-the-future basis.

I think we may have had someone tracking heat across events earlier, which isn't accurate. You should be starting with 1/2 your aspects in Heat.

Turner continues to suffer an "Ow, My Wrist!" complication until the end of the next PPV. Thoughts on a name, there?

As I am now the only one with a single wrestler, I get to make the first pick for the next WA:NG. Turner's opening the show with an interview. One of you guys with 2 mid-carders should go next, either @Jester313 or @Ken O or @Grunt's Ghosts.

• Options
    Do we have a backstage interviewer, like Gene?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    If Heat is just renamed Fate Points, you keep any you gain in excess of your normal starting total.

PPV names...how about NG1 Infinite Climax? We could also go with Alpha or Rebirth since it's the first one for the new fed. We could also go with First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis, to keep up the Next Generation vibe.

As for interviewers...how about Lady Starwood (Missy Hyatt), a retired female wrestler? Along with "Stern" Vern Arthur and Noah Shavontay.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sorry I was so quiet, traveling for work. Love the Rebirth idea for PPV.
    I think we should save Damage/Nadare for the PPV. If Nadare does have a match I'd like to do something to further the feud...
    Malice vs Diana Chen would work (since there are only 3 women on the roster).

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Rebirth is good.

And I've been looking to use my other wrestlers, so I'll take Malice/Chen.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Triple post!

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ugh.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Wrestling Adventure: Rebirth gives us a really obvious but pretty acceptable acronym.

As far as heat / FP, the first post implies that they're cumulative throughout an event then reset for the next. Possibly GG could clarify?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, they are supposed to reset between matches.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So...
    WA:NG Episode 3
    1 Turner Promo
    2 Arnold Nathaniel Parson "AnP" vs Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic
    3 Malice vs Diana Chen
    4 KKP Promo

Is this correct so far?

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Looks right to me.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think after the Malice/Diana Chen fight I'm going to do a KKP Promo...

• Options
    It's certainly about time they said something about the PPV event.

Apart from DaMoon, anyone have a tag-team they want to get involved? I've been considering invoking my match-booking special but didn't have any great ideas.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Apart from DaMoon, anyone have a tag-team they want to get involved? I've been considering invoking my match-booking special but didn't have any great ideas.

Maybe a big tag teaming the people who will be having big PPV matches? The heels vs the faces? Cliche sure, but it works.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    How about putting Melovic in a handicap match against Wynn and AnP? Single pinfall, lucha tag rules?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Archer can't really challenge anyone to a match. But he'll happy wrestle almost anyone, and a tag match would be fine.

I plan to schedule a debut promo for XTC once it gets to my turn, so you can just move right past me as soon as we get to that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I forgot who controls who at this point. Who doesn't have a match or a promo yet?

Comics, Games, Booze