As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SDCC Pins???

13»

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I used to order every new pin as it came out. Its the shipping costs that really got me. Starting to slow down now and ordering a batch every few months. Just have to tell myself that theyre not going to leave the store out of nowhere.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    My pin order is a bit pricey...

3X Lookouts
    1X Firecat
    1X Sadira
    1X Orchid
    1X Sketch Set

Ugh... I forgot how expensive this hobby was without buying shit for so long

I think everyone dropped almost 100 dollars.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    My problem is I need some trade fodder, especially if there's new staff pins going around. I figure 12 to cover those, and another 6 for spares of a few maybe... worst comes to worst I have pins to trade in the future.

I just can't push this purchase button for nearly $200 :(

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    My problem is I need some trade fodder, especially if there's new staff pins going around. I figure 12 to cover those, and another 6 for spares of a few maybe... worst comes to worst I have pins to trade in the future.

I just can't push this purchase button for nearly $200 :(

Thankfully I was able to purchase lots of trade fodder early on, which lets me spend much less now. So only bought 2 sets for me, one for collection, and probably one to take to Aus. I'm guessing the shipping will mean on-line only sets are rarer down there.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I bought two sketch sets, with the other being trade fodder. I'm tired of trading Lookouts!

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    I bought two sketch sets, with the other being trade fodder. I'm tired of trading Lookouts!

Ya... I asked Perdo to add that question to the next Q&A round... I would love 1-2 new 6 pins sets I can use for trading. I know the blind boxes are supposed to help with getting trade fodder, but problem is they will be like 90% lookout pins lol

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »

Ya... I asked Perdo to add that question to the next Q&A round... I would love 1-2 new 6 pins sets I can use for trading. I know the blind boxes are supposed to help with getting trade fodder, but problem is they will be like 90% lookout pins lol

The original fear was that they would be mostly Core Sets, then Behemoth Pins, now Lookouts.

Thing is, for those with a long term view this isn't a bad deal. If the price point is right, you are buying trade fodder which will at some point have a relative rarity. None of these sets will be made forever.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Agreed for another 6 pin set.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ordered my set today with my club discount and $10 gift cert.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular

Yep, I did the exact same thing. I'll have to start doubling down on my pin collection to get some of the other older ones that people might not have.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    I regret not picking up a few more Christmas and Halloween sets at SDCC.. they were $25 ($5 below retail). Lookouts are still a better deal, but it made them more attractive as trade fodder.

• timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I regret not picking up a few more Christmas and Halloween sets at SDCC.. they were $25 ($5 below retail). Lookouts are still a better deal, but it made them more attractive as trade fodder.
    I grabbed on of both and traded most of them away, and all my look outs. Also from talking to them they are going away from the online store soon. But could show up at PAX AUS to help get some down there.