As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Home Invasions

124»

• Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    how the fuck did I get this guys broken oar handle

i.jpg

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Also a lot easier to conceal than a full size bat.

Sort of like those souvenir bats they give out to little kids at ball games.

Which most ballparks actually had to stop selling for that very reason! Nothing like handing billy clubs out to people and then serving them expensive beer.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've found an Axe handle has a really nice haft, grip, weight and swing. I had wondered why they were so often depicted in popular culture until I perchance happened to pick one up.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Damn youths!

Did you say "youts"?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    tbh if you don't have claymores strategically positioned in your foyer you're basically asking to be burglarized

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    First thing I'd do is lock our bedroom door, sneak the girlfriend into the attic, and turn on the shower in the master bath. Guy tries to sneak into the bathroom upon an unsuspecting victim then wham.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    First thing I'd do is lock our bedroom door, sneak the girlfriend into the attic, and turn on the shower in the master bath. Guy tries to sneak into the bathroom upon an unsuspecting victim then wham.

Sawed-off bat to the head!

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I've never had anything too bad happen, though I have had someone go through my car in the middle of the night. Like, I go to drive to work in the morning, and the glovebox is open, with everything that had been inside of it sitting on the passenger seat. The car had been unlocked, so at least there were no smashed windows. Nothing was missing, not even a bit of change for the bridge that was sitting in a very visible compartment on the dash (like, probably at least ten bucks). It happened to a few other cars on the street as well, and was probably just some kids being dickheads and doing it for kicks or whatever.
    It's a good neighborhood, with this sort of thing almost never happening. While nothing was missing and no one had been in danger, it's still unsettling to know that some strange person was in your personal space like that.

This EXACT fucking thing happened to me! You don't live in Boston, do you? Someone went into my car, opened up every single little compartment in the dashboard, but didn't take anything. This happened like last year.

Halifax.

Though I've always felt that Halifax and Boston have a similar sort of vibe.
    I guess they're even more similar than I thought.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I can't wait to move in a few months. Having a whole townhouse to myself kind of sucks when you have all the normal "house breathing" noises, but you're the only one home.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I've heard pepper spray, preferable a big ol' can of bear spray, is great for home defense. I think it's a great idea if only for the reason that you don't have to really aim and you don't need to hesitate because the effects aren't permanent. You can accidentally pepper spray your girlfriend in a confused semi-awake state and the only thing that will happen is she will hate you forever.

Unless you're in Canada, in which case you still need to hesitate because using pepper spray on another human is, even in undeniable self-defense situations, completely illegal.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Once in high school a gang of boys looking for my brothers tried to break into my house. I was there as was my then 10 month old dog. They refused to believe they werent home tried to steal my glasses and then threatened to rape my dog.
    At that point I said " fine Ill go get them you sickos "
    I closed the door. Grabbed a kitchen knife, put my dog downstairs and walked out.

I told them them flat out one of them was going to die if they did not leave immediately .

They took the hint .

Then I went inside called the police and threw up /cried until an officer showed up. They got a verbal warning but that was about it.

There wasnt a next time thankfully.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I've never had anything too bad happen, though I have had someone go through my car in the middle of the night. Like, I go to drive to work in the morning, and the glovebox is open, with everything that had been inside of it sitting on the passenger seat. The car had been unlocked, so at least there were no smashed windows. Nothing was missing, not even a bit of change for the bridge that was sitting in a very visible compartment on the dash (like, probably at least ten bucks). It happened to a few other cars on the street as well, and was probably just some kids being dickheads and doing it for kicks or whatever.
    It's a good neighborhood, with this sort of thing almost never happening. While nothing was missing and no one had been in danger, it's still unsettling to know that some strange person was in your personal space like that.

This EXACT fucking thing happened to me! You don't live in Boston, do you? Someone went into my car, opened up every single little compartment in the dashboard, but didn't take anything. This happened like last year.

Halifax.

Though I've always felt that Halifax and Boston have a similar sort of vibe.
    I guess they're even more similar than I thought.

I went to the local police station to file a report just in case there were other break ins in the area. The officer behind the desk didn't believe me when I told him that my 50 bucks or so in cash were still in the glove box along with my gas card. Probably just kids fucking around, I guess.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    What kind of sick fuck uses the threat of dog rape?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    It was over a playstation game to boot.

They were basucally proto juggalos.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

I wouldn't have allowed it to happen, but I would've called that bluff with a camera/camera phone in hand.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I wouldn't have allowed it to happen, but I would've called that bluff with a camera/camera phone in hand.

Misdomeanor blackmail.

I like it.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    During my first marriage, I'm living in a townhouse on Ft. Campbell, my dad is still in the army too but stationed in Germany. On the one night of the year that somehow we forgot to lock the front door, I get woken up by the sound of the door opening, then some footsteps that start coming up the stairs. I grab the big knife I kept in the nightstand, jump out of bed, run over and leap down the stairs all trying to give my best warcry, knife held high, when whoa hold up grab the handrail stop trying to kill this person

Dad?

He had taken a trip over to look for a house to move to when leaving Germany, and thought he'd not call ahead, or knock on the door even, was just gonna walk up to the bedroom and wake us up. Which after I calmed down had to explain that this was pretty much the stupidest idea he's ever had.