As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 1 in progress. Dare you enter this RNG realm?

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I have the gear for it, Column, and dash isn't affected by CDR, so it's infinite dashes for 1 second, and then a 7s wait for each dash charge to come back. At least now you can see the second hand spinning on the icon for each charge on PTR, though...

There is hope, however, for the Column WoL getting better. It's already really sweet, to be fair, but it's not as good a spender as almost anything any other class has.
    Rius wrote: »
    Dashing Strike recharge rate is affected by CDR on the PTR now
    A little of what Rius and BRT said too, as I had the PTR changes in mind for when you screwed up a non 30 yard or whatever dash. But mostly it was the monk weapon where dashing into an enemy who is thirty or whatever yards doesn't cost you a charge.

It looks super fun in limited doses but as a this is how you're playing all day every day it looks terrible.

Column on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious with the new Swami effect causing your Archon damage buff to last.

At max CD, I believe archon has a 7 second CD after it expires. Now, if you went Archon again and got another kill before the extended buff from Swami ended, would it continue to stack up? Or does Swami just give you a different, Swami-specific buff after archon expires to prevent that?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Instant casting meteor is all I've ever wanted

But a lightning damage build

ugh

I sort of hate all of the lightning damage signatures

• Options
    also, if they don't make rimaldi at least an uncommon drop rate then I don't understand why they introduced them at all

don't they add on a socket at no cost to primary bonus?

that's such a significant game-changer for weapons at least that 100% of players interested in doing torment will want one for every single weapon they use.

they don't need to drop like every single rift or anything, but such a required item for every single build should not be as rare as legendary potions

legendary potions are a nice bonus, not universally crazy good

• Options
    I think it would be nice if the socket wasn't so damned required, myself. Unfortunately, don't see that green gem going anywhere any time soon.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    dashing strike recovers ridiculously fast now with cdr, it's pretty great

Interesting. I only have 1 piece of the storms set though.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Instant casting meteor is all I've ever wanted

But a lightning damage build

ugh

I sort of hate all of the lightning damage signatures
    Chain Lightning (Electrocute?) with the rune that lets it bounce six or so times instead of the normal two or three + lightning passive that has a chance to stun for all lightning damage + Lightning Armor with rune that has a chance for an additional bolt on crit + focus that let's chain lightning chain to itself as long as two enemies are there to bounce back and forth on => Best lightning spec that stuns all things all the time.

Get even more crazy with items like: Wyrdword, or however it's spelled, ring that adds another chance to stun enemies with lightning damage; Thunderfury's proc goes off all the time adding another chain lightning; Odin Son procs often enough and has the bonus lightning damage; Fulminator might work too, never got one to test it though.

At least it did at 60 when the vanilla expansion patch dropped that week or so before the xpac went live. Never had that much fun in a group holding down one damn button while everything is stunned because Zeus is shitting lightning everywhere, on all things, at all times.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    also lightning monks and wizards are pretty solid on ptr

gotta buff those other elements tho

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lightning is great for stun builds, and still is as far as I know, but I just don't really find them very fun because the damage has historically been garbage

Electrocute it garbage damage. Just absolute trash. I mean, every signature is compared to mirrorball missiles, but it always seemed extra so to me

I like big damage numbers coming up fast. Which is why I've been fire builds for most of this expansion, and there's some wizard changes in that regard I'm absolutely stoked about

It's just that especially with Meteor, a spell I love the idea of, that bit of delay kind of kills any enjoyment I might get out of it. Spamming it feels weird and clunky for me. Diablo 3 is my game of instant gratification, not delayed gratification. An instant Meteor would be the best, but not at the cost of doing solid damage with other abilities, if that's how it plays out. Will have to wait and see.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    lightning runed arcane torrent does ridiculous damage

as does new shocking aspect

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    also lightning monks and wizards are pretty solid on ptr

gotta buff those other elements tho

new arcane meteors might be good, idk

still say they should buff disint/torrent base damages, should help arcane too

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    arcane torrent doesn't really fit in my no delayed gratification playing model though

I just don't find waiting for damage to be particularly fun

shocking aspect could be cool though, would be nice to use something other than energy armor for a change

• Options
    all the new meteors sound pretty attractive

and tal's set will be so much better now

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    the new arcane one sounds hoottttt, even with the delay, because that damage is insane

rng has been pretty steadfast against me having the gear for an arcane build, though

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    When 2.1 hits im going to have no idea which way to go with my wizard

I will probably be able to gear for each element, not necessarily every skill setup right away

Full tals available in each element

Full vyrs

Full firebirds

What do i choose?

Oh except no wand of woh. I dont need you anyways. No, im not bitter at all

• Options
    Lightning is great for stun builds, and still is as far as I know, but I just don't really find them very fun because the damage has historically been garbage

Electrocute it garbage damage. Just absolute trash. I mean, every signature is compared to mirrorball missiles, but it always seemed extra so to me

I like big damage numbers coming up fast. Which is why I've been fire builds for most of this expansion, and there's some wizard changes in that regard I'm absolutely stoked about

It's just that especially with Meteor, a spell I love the idea of, that bit of delay kind of kills any enjoyment I might get out of it. Spamming it feels weird and clunky for me. Diablo 3 is my game of instant gratification, not delayed gratification. An instant Meteor would be the best, but not at the cost of doing solid damage with other abilities, if that's how it plays out. Will have to wait and see.
    Yup. Always bummed me out because you have the other stand ins of the classic spells, be it literally the same thing or slightly tweaked.

Chain lightning got a new name in electrocute, but keeps its name via a rune that emphasizes what you want from it. Magic Missile is right there. Cone of Cold gets a close enough approximation with Frost Nova that I'll take it. And I thought Meteor would be the fireball stand-in but that delay is dumb. I want my giant ball of flame that then explodes on contact into a massive blaze to cast from my dude or chick instantly, not wait for gravity to do it's thing.

Since all I do is play my Wizard to mess around and not run a great build like I do some other classes that delay bothered the hell out of me. The high AP cost should be spam prevention, not a stupid delay.

• Options
    I almost feel like I should start playing again before the patch just so I can try to gear up my wizard even more, because she is quite far from any sort of set completion

but it's probably all I'm going to play post-patch anyway, and may as well hold off until when I have a chance of getting gift drops

really really stoked for this patch though

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Might could do a 4pc Tal's build + Woh with my hilariously-buffed-on-2.1 Moonlight Ward.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    CDR affects Dashing Strike on PTR? With 37% it feels the exact fucking same as it does on live. Maybe I'm just killing faster enough that the pacing isn't different? Hmmmm.

• Options
    RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    @‌Hooverfan

I already hit log out right as I saw your message for @Shadowfire‌...I laughed. Thanks to you, Rolo, and Schwat for taking me along with you for T6! :)

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • Options
    How did they buff moonlight ward

Isn't it already pretty crazy with the potentially stupid arcane boost

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Holy fuck

I don't really care about the proc, never did

The arcane boost was always why I wanted that amulet

Now, even more so

• Options
    The proc used to be insane because the orbits exploded at the same rate as Arcane Orbits orbs. Now there's significant stagger between them, but the proc is still awesome.

I have no idea why they buffed it. Moonlight Ward is already second most popular amulet for softcore wizards, three times more represented than third place, and the most popular amulet for Hardcore wizards.

How fucking dumb.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Creating an internal timer on the Moonlight Ward and preventing it from proccing anything else basically nerfed the value into the ground. The proc damage is nice but it's not build-creating like Mirror Ball or Wand of Woh. It's basically the amulet version of Razor Strop - nice to have but not necessary given there are plenty of other options.

They might be buffing it in response to Cindercoat and Magefist (two items which make life difficult if you're at all interested in item/element parity).

• Options
    I'd say it is more build creating, in that elemental damage has created more builds

Mirrorball and wand of woh are "hey use two abilities now, primarily"

Straight elemental damage is more interesting than either of those, theoretically, because it just makes whatever you want to do better, rather than one specific ability.

That's why I don't really care about the proc. Amulets are, to me, for elemental damage, crit, and maybe if I get lucky crit damage. Anything else is nice but 100% unrequired.

• Options
    of course most of us will never see a ward ever

at least we'll have firebird fire lasers

• Options
    you know what i want

i want mantra of retribution to be changed to be like the paladin's auras, with cold/fire/lightning runes for it

sweeping winds has a tiny ass aoe, and i want to be a paladin

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Just got super lucky with rorg drops! 2 chests, 2 rings! The rolls weren't that great on either of them, but at least I now have a strength, dex and int rorg for me to play with

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Moonlight wards arent really that rare are they

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

I think I've seen just about every ammy at least once so far except ward and star of azkaranth (and the hardcore only amulet)

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Al_wat wrote: »

Moonlight Ward has a 7.18% drop rate for Wizards, same as Squirt's Necklace, Kymbo's Gold, Rondal's Locket, Ouroborous, Flavor of Time, etc. They are twice as common as Countess Julia's Cameo, Haunt of Vaxo, Dovu Energy Trap, Ess of Johan and Tal Rasha's Allegiance (all 3.59%). But again, RNG.

Source

My white whale is the Blade of Prophecy. It has a 9.9% chance to drop, same as any other 2-handed sword, but I've never seen it in 100 hours of crusading.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    rng gonna rng

• Options
    edited July 2014
    wtf, julia's is the same rarity as energy trap and ess of johan?

i've found like 4 of those 2 each

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I really want another Ess

• Options
    i have 3, one of each stat, on each follower

ashearas makes it fun

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ahahaha, that must be hilarious.

I've converted the sockets on all of mine into CC/CHD

and now with 2.1 coming I'm really starting to regret that

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Fuuuuuck Ess, a good rolled Julia's any day of the week over that! 20% phys, and good critstats... Unf! :3
    My ice climbers make not-even-a-nuisance of everything else but being immune to arcane would be so badass, I'm salivating just at the thought of it.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I've heard some great things about RoS so decided to give it a go after not playing for a year or so. Started a Crusader and really like the new loot system and class. Been having a blast. I joined the PAF community but there is every only 3 or 4 people online when I am (usually around 7-9pm central time). Are there a lot of people in the guild that aren't in the community or is it just a bit dead?

Also I guess I need to get my 60 demon hunter to 70 and finish Act V so I can do adventures which look really cool

• Options
    yeah, not many people sit in the community & clan prior to the last patch which made it possible to auto-join community chats.

but if you wanted to join the clan we still have room I think and being in the community is half the battle