As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] The Lost Colony of Roanoke HOST VICTORY

Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Critical Failures
The Lost Colony of Roanoke: Mini-Phalla
pk65x23u02qs.jpg

In the year 2014, the journal of Thomas Harriot, an artist and former resident of the now infamous lost colony of Roanoke and a close friend of its once Governor John White, was discovered beneath sacred Indian burial grounds in the Appalachian Mountains lining what is now know has the state of West Virginia. In this journal many unanswered questions and details of what really happen to this colony finally have come to light. Join me as we unravel the mysteries and once and for all put to rest one of history’s biggest question marks.

October 16, 1587
It has been four weeks since our dear Governor John White sailed away for our beloved homeland of England in hopes gaining more troops and supplies. Already the bickering between townsfolk and the leaders of Roanoke has commixed. I fear it shall continue henceforth with more malise given word of the untimely and brutal death of Mr. and Mrs. Brokers’ young son George. I’ve been told by our bishop Father Cobblestone, that when the boy’s body was discovered, thrice arrows had pierced him in the back.
The only good news I can with much joy record is that tonight the whole town will be gathering at the Town Church to discuss just who might behind this gory murder and what actions must be taken. I pray O’ God of our fathers it be not a witch hunt like the medieval days of old...
~Thomas H.

Game Overview

This is my first time hosting a game so it will be a pretty vanilla Phalla game for the most part. And no you may not ask for clarification on what the ‘for the most part’ means. It can run on just 25 players but would love to get 30+.

Voting:

Each day, vote for a player in bold red.
Should there be a tie in the vote, then all tied players, plus the player tying the vote, will be eliminated.
Vote close will be at 9 pm CDT. Any votes before the hour (x:59) will count, any votes on the hour and later (x:00) will not. The day narrations will follow shortly.
All players are expected to post in the tread at least once and vote every day. The first day that you are inactive a warning will be given. On the second day that you are inactive, you will die a horrible death in the game.

Orders

All orders must be submitted to me the host via PM before vote close.

Signing Up

Clarifications

Any questions about the game rules may be made by highlighting the question in Dark Orange text in the tread. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Rules

-Include host in all PM’s and Proboards. No anonymous contact
-No sharing, screenshotting etc. of Host PMs or any other PMs
-If you are eliminated, you can make one ghost post, as long as it has no game related information.
-No talking with the dead.
-You may not add players to preexisting PM conversations. Start a new conversation instead.

Sample Village Role PM:
You are English Colonist of Roanoke, who with your family have traveled a great distance across the sea in hopes of new beginnings in both wealth and religious freedom.

Win Con: Eliminate all threats to the commonwealth of Roanoke.

1.Kime
2.Langly
3.Marikir
4.JPants
5TheRoadVirus
6.ZombieHero
7.Megafrost
8.Gizzy
9.Mikey CTS
10.Auralynx
11.Schuss
12.Assuran
13.Flarne
14.Baidol
15.]Discrider
16.Phyphor
17.SLyM
18.The Anonymous
19.Goose!
20.Preda
21.I3asphemer69
22.38th Doe
23.Bedlam
24.Sepah
25.ObiFett

Reserve list
Egos

Buddha73 on

• Options
    Reserved For Clarifications.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Crouton

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    signuppp

I think technically if you get more than 30 this should be classified as a main, btw. Maybe?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    They just went to a nearby island! It's not a mystery! This is a lie!

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    signuppp

I think technically if you get more than 30 this should be classified as a main, btw. Maybe?

I said 25 or 30 because the only thing that I'm nervous about is making sure the balance is right.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Oh, why the hell not.

I will talk out my reasons, folks! Logic need not apply! Sign up!

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'm in

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    One time I carved a word into a tree and then hid in the attic for a year. It was p. great.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Crouton

Phone autocorrect?

also sign up

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I'm lost

• Options
    Crouton

Phone autocorrect?

also sign up

Croatia?

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Meow

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    They just went to a nearby island! It's not a mystery! This is a lie!

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Crouton

Phone autocorrect?

also sign up

Croatia?

Croatoan. Someone didn't play Werewolf as a teenager, apparently!

Signup

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Crouton

Phone autocorrect?

also sign up

Croatia?

Signup

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Options
    Ah shit I thought Obi was making a Supernatural reference.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Crouton

Phone autocorrect?

also sign up

Croatia?

Signup

thatsthejoke.jpg

I had a feeling, but I really liked Werewolf. ;p

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Crudite

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

This is a show I should watch sometime.

• Options

This is a show I should watch sometime.

The first 4-5 seasons are great. I think that's how many. Sometimes they blur.

• Options
    The show is sort of collapsing under the weight of the continuity they've piled atop its rather straightforward premise at this point, and it's obvious even if you only know it from Netflix, like I do.

• Options
    Surprisingly Supernatural is still coming out with new episodes. Not that they are any good but they keep trying.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Echoes and specters and ghosts of none the wiser
    Apparitions each, bad decisions brush on by
    Envious in the ever after
    Electric fuzzy haze of regrets and dreams denied

• Options
    The show is sort of collapsing under the weight of the continuity they've piled atop its rather straightforward premise at this point, and it's obvious even if you only know it from Netflix, like I do.

I stopped a season or two back when life got crazy and I had to trim a bunch of TV watching. What i've heard doesn't really compel me to pick it back up.

In fact, I'd be more likely to start from the beginning again.

• Options
    Now that I think of it, Supernatural would make a sweet Phalla theme. Especially if it was done by some of the crazier phalla hosts.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Buddha

No wait, I mean Sign up!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    signuppp

You know, back when I started playing 25-30 was a mini while 40-60+ was a main. It's really hard to classify these games as such anymore with the lower turn out.

• Options
    Supernatural seasons 1-5 were fantastic. It all builds to a climatic finale the creator of the show carefully planned toward that feels satisfying and well-earned. Don't watch past season five. That is the end of the story of Supernatural. The show creator told his story so he left after that and now it's just bad. Seasons 1-5 fucking solid gold.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Now that I think of it, Supernatural would make a sweet Phalla theme. Especially if it was done by some of the crazier phalla hosts.

Huh... Do a bit of reversal, have the mafia be the hunters and the villager be the monsters. Yeah. I can see it.

I call dibs!

• Options
    Supernatural seasons 1-5 were fantastic. It all builds to a climatic finale the creator of the show carefully planned toward that feels satisfying and well-earned. Don't watch past season five. That is the end of the story of Supernatural. The show creator told his story so he left after that and now it's just bad. Seasons 1-5 fucking solid gold.

There are some good threads and performances in 6-9 as well, but overall they're definitely a lot less interesting. Also, the originally-excellent soundtrack work declines noticeably in quality over time, though my recollection is it peaks in Season 3.

• Options

Huh... Do a bit of reversal, have the mafia be the hunters and the villager be the monsters. Yeah. I can see it.

I call dibs!

You could do a heaven/hell faction game. or a 4 way faction game (Heavan, hell, monsters (purgatory) and humans (earth)). You could justify pretty much any ability you wanted to throw in the game. Conversions for certain kinds of monsters. Shapeshifter thralls. Sky's the limit really.

I call dibs on Castiel.

• Options
    Was S5 the one that ended with
    Sam in the cage
    because if so, then yeah, that would have been a great ending to the show.

• Options

I call dibs!

You could do a heaven/hell faction game. or a 4 way faction game (Heavan, hell, monsters (purgatory) and humans (earth)). You could justify pretty much any ability you wanted to throw in the game. Conversions for certain kinds of monsters. Shapeshifter thralls. Sky's the limit really.

I call dibs on Castiel.

This is similar to the first idea I had for a phalla game but being inexperienced with building and hosting it seem to big of a project to tackle on my first try.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Unsolicited First-time Hosting Advice: Err on the side of 'CD'ing everything.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Buddha73 wrote: »

I call dibs!

I call dibs on Castiel.

This is similar to the first idea I had for a phalla game but being inexperienced with building and hosting it seem to big of a project to tackle on my first try.

I've had a hair to build a game before but yeah, seems like a bigger project than the effort i've got available to spend on it. That and the whole "how to eat a whale" problem.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm Bluestre- no I think I've run that joke into the ground.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

I call dibs!

I call dibs on Castiel.

You're close enough to the theme of the one I've been working on with this one that I now get to alter the flavor some, so everyone's frustrated! :relaxed:

• Options
    edited July 2014

I call dibs!

I call dibs on Castiel.

You're close enough to the theme of the one I've been working on with this one that I now get to alter the flavor some, so everyone's frustrated! :relaxed:

Sorry I am a history nerd. :D

Buddha73 on
  • Options

I call dibs!

I call dibs on Castiel.

Sorry I am History Nerd. :D

Nah, that's fine. I wasn't going for Roanoke in particular anyway, just a colony scenario. The mechanics are unlikely to resemble whatever choices you've made, which I'm eager to discover!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    signup