As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who wants to heckle Bryce Harper with me?

Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
I'm curious if anyone would like to go to a baseball game during Prime? The Mariners are playing the Nationals Aug. 29-31 and the Astros on the 1st. If there is some interest maybe we could get a group together to watch one of them. Let me know if you would like to go!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I went to a game last year, which was pretty fun, even though the Mariners are terrible.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    The Mariners are a fringe playoff team this year!

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    The Nationals and Mariners should both be in contention for the playoffs this year. But I'm a Braves fan so I hope the Nationals are only competing for a wild card at that point ;)

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    I might be going to one of these games, but I'm not sure which one. It's gonna depend on the final composition of my group. If we go, I'll post on here to see if anyone else wants to join us.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    IroquoisIroquois Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I would LOVE to do the game on the September 1st. 1:05 is a perfect time for baseball.

EDIT: actually I take that back. September 1st is an away game :( But I might be down for Friday or Saturday.

Iroquois on
    3DS Friend code: 2449-5995-8538
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    I'd be tempted if I can fit it into my schedule :D

Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    just so you know the 29th is fireworks night when nationals are in town

• Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    I may be going to Sat. night's or Sun. afternoon's game with my brother, depending on what PAX's schedule looks like. I wish Monday had a game (I think you were looking at week ahead for the Astros game), that would have worked even better.

• Options
    D'oh the Astros game is the next week. Personally I would prefer the Friday game but I'm flexible as to which one I go to.

• Options
    If you like pitching duels then the Saturday game is supposed to be a match up between Iwakuma and Strasburg. Should be very entertaining!

• Options
    tbc87tbc87 Registered User new member
    I already have tickets for the Friday game. If anybody wants to meet up somewhere before the game let me know.

• Options
    kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in going to a game over the pax weekend.

• Options
    Marc MadnessMarc Madness Registered User regular
    Heckle Bryce Harper? That's a clown question bro.

Saturday is Felix Hernandez Bobblehead Night for the first 20,000 fans.

@zerzhul, you went to a game last year during PAX? Not too many people would fly to Texas to miss part of PAX to watch the Mariners play.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I went to a game on the wednesday before pax. It's "during pax" for me as in, during my pax vacation. It was a good way to hang out with friends.

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Saturday is Felix Hernandez Bobblehead Night for the first 20,000 fans.

Quick tip for anyone thinking about going (as I'm debating): I called their box office, they said that hot bobbleheads like Felix are often gone 2+ hours before the game, and recommend that we line up 3+ hours in advance to ensure we get one.

30 minutes from PAX area downtown + 3 hours of waiting + 3 hour game + 30 minutes back sounds like a LOT of missed Prime 2014 Saturday to me, so I'm mulling things over...

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    FYI, Groupon deal for Suite Tickets that weekend. Mariners are still in the race for the Wild Card, already met their win total for all of last year.

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    curse wrote: »
    FYI, Groupon deal for Suite Tickets that weekend. Mariners are still in the race for the Wild Card, already met their win total for all of last year.

How's the view from the suite? I've sat about 15 rows behind home plate before (bit more, maybe $75 for the ticket), which was awesome.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »
    curse wrote: »

How's the view from the suite? I've sat about 15 rows behind home plate before (bit more, maybe $75 for the ticket), which was awesome.

My preference is for the field view seats, but the suite seats are comfortable, and the view is good. You do feel more separation from the action, definitely, but is good to experience once.

7lcw1cifdzb4.png