As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

File not found.

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
fpqb3hlt0xcm.png

Getting this error on a significant percentage of page loads. Other chatters in D&D experiencing it too.

There is no HTML source, just this message without any tags.

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Getting a lot of these randomly all of a sudden going to various forums/threads.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Timeline is collapsing.

someone caused a paradox

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    We're on it, thanks.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This should be fixed, please notify if you get this again.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Still seeing it sporadically

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This is starting to rear it's head again, just an FYI

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    This is starting to rear it's head again, just an FYI

Yep - pop-ups in the lower left will occasionally say "File not found," and refreshing the screen will result in this about 1 in 10 times.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Happened twice in the last 20 minutes to me, both in D&D

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Just happened for me. Google Chrome, was loading the general forum index.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Thank you. Please notify me if this continues

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    As of right now, I've been getting quite a few of these.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Been happening on and off for the last half hour at least.

Edit: just happened again trying to go back out of this thread.
    In the UK using mobile safari (iOS 7.1.2) if that helps.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've gotten this fairly infrequently today. Happened a couple hours ago, and then just happened again.

EDIT: I dunno if it helps narrow the issue down, but this is not the only Vanilla forum I've used today that has given me this error.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Just got it twice while loading the main forum index, and this subforum.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Its been a regular occuence for me. Not every time I load a page on the forum, but maybe 1 in 15?

Goose! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I got a "File not found" while trying to Awesome a post. As in, it was a little pop-up notice in the bottom corner.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Getting it right now when drafts try to auto-save and loading D&D. Also once or twice in G&T.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Getting it pretty often today, both on page loads and as popups from UI stuff like posting.

• Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Got it in the popup message in the lower left corner in the policing thread (in D&D) about 10 minutes ago (~2059 Mountain time). Looked like this, including the html for the element if that turns out to help.

edit: also got it at 2121 MT, while trying to place this edit. Had to click twice to do that, unsure if that's related. The first time I saw it, I don't recall doing anything beyond scrolling through the thread.

Syrdon on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I only get it whenever I try to open my bookmarks or open a thread from the bookmark drop down menu. It's sporadic, but it's been happening all day.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I have been having this issue while browsing the forums on Chrome for Android today. Happens semi-regularly, maybe once or twice an hour.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Getting this a lot more frequently now than I was earlier today

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah this is hitting me a bit now, more than I was before.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Got the File not Found error
    Then had a Error 503 trying to navigate to this page from the main forums page using Lorahalo's latest post link

EDIT: Just as I was going to post, this happens
    2941oscpjr0v.jpg

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Just received this when making this post in the D&D [chat] thread.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Just got it while trying to get to the CF General RP thread. Using Chrome on Android.

Edit: Could it be something to do with the #lastest at the end of the url? I can get into the thread by going into an older page then goin forward a page which has the url as /p94.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Likewise I've been receiving it by simply refreshing. Using IE 9 at present (Don't judge me it's all I have on this work pc! :( )

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    The problem causing this symptom has been identified and we're working on a fix. For now, it should stay functional since we know what triggers it and have stopped doing that thing until it is fixed.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Unfortunately, that thing is letting you all post.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FYI I just got a few of these in a row.