As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Obviously rules-wise it's not just gonna be HaleyMerged because PP would literally be burned to the ground, but fluff-wise it's easy to believe that Haley3 is gonna be a coven of time-traveling Haleys.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's not going to be just a model, it's going to be a entire book. Crisis on Infinite Haleys, one for every faction and Merc contract/minion pact.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It's not going to be just a model, it's going to be a entire book. Crisis on Infinite Haleys, one for every faction and Merc contract/minion pact.

So, my warcaster is Haley 3, she's backed up by Haley -i.5 (the one whose mind got transplanted into a jack during the Cyriss event that happened three years in the future on an alternate timeline last Tuesday) and of course a couple of squads of time traveling Haleys (should that be plural or singular?) for support.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

You had me at Merc

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Obviously rules-wise it's not just gonna be HaleyMerged because PP would literally be burned to the ground, but fluff-wise it's easy to believe that Haley3 is gonna be a coven of time-traveling Haleys.
    Haley 3 is a warcaster unit consisting of Haley 0, Haley 2, and Haley 3.

makosig.jpg
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

You had me at Merc

Easiest way to balance the game. If everyone has access to the same OP caster, then things are obviously balanced.

It'd basically be a ton of alternate-universe Haleys sort of like that one event they had for PG's with the bizarro-world warcasters.

What if Haley was born to dwarf parents?
    What if Haley grew up in Ord and decided to become a privateer?
    What if Haley really liked furry hats?
    What if Haley was a elf?
    What if Haley was a robot?
    What if Haley was a cannibalistic swamp-liver that creeps the math out of the local gatormen tribes she trades with?
    What if Haley was a xenobiology student at Corvis university under the Doc and followed him when he got kicked out?
    What if Haley was a robot?

persona4celestia.jpg
    I like that you left out Cryx because Cryx already has alternate-universe Haley and she's even worse than Haley.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ha, GG, PP ...
    "Something people have wanted since Mk1? Guess we'd better take our time and really polish this turd ..."

10580182_10153240439484252_66056065947235119_n.jpg?oh=994a83d330a87f61be1d604bad4ee983&oe=559B350B

I dunno, I think he looks pretty good. Nice and thick armor, as it should be.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I kinda like him, if he had been around back in MKI I may have had to seriously consider Menoth since I like the concept of the Paladins.

Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. He really looks like a neo-Darius to me. And I would be hard pressed to call Darius a beautiful model ...
    I can't see past how impossibly far apart his legs are.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    18 inch thigh gap.

Actual legs tragically crushed under a collapsing wall, and those are mech replacements.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They always ride single file, to hide their numbers.

rkhhW8F.jpg

That is cool as shit.

edited April 2015
    Is Future Haley wearing an aluminum foil hat?

The thing I love about the concept of warcaster unit Haley is that unless something awful happens at PP, the version with 3 of her will be the worst one. :P
    Very exciting concept though. :D

edited April 2015
    I was wondering when the Efaarit were going to come out. They will definitely be welcome.

And hey, something from the *next* book.

XsddiXx.jpg
    Coordinated groups of skilled warriors, croak raiders employ a powerful two-pronged attack. Working in pairs, one raider lobs hollowed gourds to soak an enemy with a highly flammable liquid, and then another launches a flaming projectile from an atlatl to ignite the enemy in a pyre of flame. This devastating combination has allowed them to eradicate even more numerous and technologically advanced foes.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    The thing I love about the concept of warcaster unit Haley is that unless something awful happens at PP, the version with 3 of her will be the worst one. :P
    Very exciting concept though. :D

She can be better than Haley1.

But you are absolutely correct that if Super Future Haley is better than Present Haley, the game will be suuuuuper fucked.

Wow, we're in a PREVIEW STORM right now.
    mqErOYE.jpg
    Mischievous and malicious in the extreme, gremlins delight in rooting around in mechanikal constructs with the intent of causing as much damage as possible for their own amusement. These mysterious grymkin are attracted to the hiss and clank of warjacks on the battlefield and have been known to bring mechanized weaponry grinding to a halt at the most inopportune times.

persona4celestia.jpg
    July releases:

July 2015 Releases
    Major Prime Victoria Haley—Cygnar Epic Warcaster Unit
    Anson Durst, Rock of the Faith—Protectorate Warcaster
    Mechanithralls—Cryx Unit with 3 Weapon Attachments
    Nephilim Bolt Thrower—Legion Light Warbeast
    Nephilim Soldier—Legion Light Warbeast
    Extreme Carnivean—Legion Heavy Warbeast
    Efaarit Scout—Minion Light Cavalry Solo
    Gremlin Swarm—Minion Solo
    Croak Raiders—Minion Gatorman Unit
    Convergence of Cyriss Army Box
    No Quarter Issue #61

persona4celestia.jpg
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Warcaster Unit. Fucking called it. AHAHAHAH

makosig.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I like that you left out Cryx because Cryx already has alternate-universe Haley and she's even worse than Haley.

Wait, what?

Deneghra is Haley's twin sister.

No, actually, he was talking about the PP Invitational-only Warcasters. The what-if ones. Haley ended up in Cryx and had a bonus for getting fielded with Deneghra.

makosig.jpg
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    No, actually, he was talking about the PP Invitational-only Warcasters. The what-if ones. Haley ended up in Cryx and had a bonus for getting fielded with Deneghra.

The person Gabriel asked was me, so it's fairly likely I know what he was talking about...

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I had missed that bit about Deneghra's background, AND I hadn't even known that the invitational Warcasters were even a thing.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man I can't wait for Iron Kindoms Unleashed later this month. I've always been interested in the Iron Kingdoms RPG, and I like the Hordes races and Western Immoren stuff, so this seems like a good time to consider getting into it. Book's probably going to be pretty expensive though.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Unleashed is $60 and the biggest book they have ever produced by something like 100 pages according to the PP podcast.

Oh and if you pay for a pre-order at your local store you can send in a picture of the receipt and PP will give you a free digital copy of the book.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I too am hyped for Unleashed. I don't play the wargame, but flipping through a friends Mk2 book made me fall in love with the setting. So much so that I flipped my hardcore D&D3.5 IRL group to IKRPG. It was not a hard sell.

I am very much looking forwards to the upcoming face eating that will be going on at my table.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    That does sound like a pretty good opportunity. 60$ is a fairly hefty price tag, but not that much for a big core rulebook I suppose. I guess I'm just antsy because I've got like 100$ to spend and I've managed not to spend it on anything for months and months.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Man I'm glad I got out of this game when I did. Time travelling Haleys? Really?

I do like those new Minions models, though.

edited April 2015
    Well it's more like Dark Souls-Haley. She summoned ghosts of other players who happen to be her past/future selves.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    On the PP forums they say that Arson Durst look like he does because he's basically on Man-o-War armor:

v3NoNwg.png

Tmfx3CW.jpg
    Victoria Haley has risen through the ranks of the Cygnaran Army to become one of the most potent arcanists in recorded history. Her mastery over the flow of time allows her to conjure echoes of herself from the past and future to fight at her side. By her unprecedented powers, Major Prime Victoria Haley bends the fabric of time and shatters the fundamental laws of reality as she outpaces and outfights the foes of Cygnar.

*cues up the Too Many Cooks theme song*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I've started to have a falling out with this game, and the new Haley unit isn't helping to bring me back in.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    I'm sure it'll be a fun warcaster unit but I'd rather have seen all three of them on a large, scenic base with crazy temporal power stuff connecting them all together allowing future Haley to fly high without the cloak on the base gimmick.

Why is PP so apposed to clear flying stands? I think that looks better than the tricks they us to make things vaguely appear to be hovering.

In this case I think it's less about flying stands and more about not wanting to design a light enough sculpt to not break the stand immediately. You can't put a metal version of that model on a flying stand and they're not going to release a non-starter box Warcaster in plastic.

I have never RPed but I bought the Unleashed book. It is enormous and daunting but I really am enjoying reading through it. Anyone else pick it up?