As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IIIIIIIIIII'm Hooked on a [Superhero Thread]

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    that is like.. Ramos' whole thing man

Well all's I'm saying is I'm getting tired of it
    Also this issue kinda sucked from a writing standpoint too

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Ramos' faces definitely ain't my cup of tea

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Humberto Ramos was perfect for Impulse

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ramos' is perfect for showing the agility that Peter would have, but I agree his style tends to get old after a while.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So I started thinking about how the Rock is gonna be Shazam instead of Black Adam, and that got me wondering, well, why couldn't he also be Black Adam? If I would probably go see a movie because the Rock is in it, I would definitely go see a movie because the Rock is in it twice. That is twice the witty banter and entertaining action scenes.

But why stop there? Why not just recast everyone in Batman v Supeman as the Rock? Don't really care for Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman? Now it's starring The Rock as Henry Cavill as Superman. Don't think Ben Affleck is going to be a good Batman? Now it's Corporate Rock as Ben Affleck as Batman. Jason Momoa thinks Aquaman is lame? Rocky Maivia as Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Gal Gadot is too small to be Wonder Woman? Dwayne Johnson as Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.

6 Rocks? That is 6 times I will go see that movie. The trailer can just be nothing but one-liners and then the Rock in costume for each character doing the eyebrow raise, then we can get a sneak peek of Batman and Superman fighting as the Rock cuts promos on himself.

End the trailer with the new title card

Batman v Superman

Dwayne of Justice

Then after the title card plays Lex Luthor can start giving a voice over speech about his duty to protect mankind from those who would ultimately harm it.

And that's the Bottom Line cause he says so.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    So I started thinking about how the Rock is gonna be Shazam instead of Black Adam, and that got me wondering, well, why couldn't he also be Black Adam? If I would probably go see a movie because the Rock is in it, I would definitely go see a movie because the Rock is in it twice. That is twice the witty banter and entertaining action scenes.

But why stop there? Why not just recast everyone in Batman v Supeman as the Rock? Don't really care for Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman? Now it's starring The Rock as Henry Cavill as Superman. Don't think Ben Affleck is going to be a good Batman? Now it's Corporate Rock as Ben Affleck as Batman. Jason Momoa thinks Aquaman is lame? Rocky Maivia as Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Gal Gadot is too small to be Wonder Woman? Dwayne Johnson as Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.

6 Rocks? That is 6 times I will go see that movie. The trailer can just be nothing but one-liners and then the Rock in costume for each character doing the eyebrow raise, then we can get a sneak peek of Batman and Superman fighting as the Rock cuts promos on himself.

Batman v Superman

Dwayne of Justice

Then after the title card plays Lex Luthor can start giving a voice over speech about his duty to protect mankind from those who would ultimately harm it.

You couldn't make this film because Hollywood would have to shut down afterward.

I mean where do you even go? Downward? Nah, just stop the entire business.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay I have now heard this from multiple completely unrelated locations so I feel like I have to mention it here

The rumor I have heard about the Guardians of the Galaxy after-credits stinger is that
    Howard the Duck shows up in it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Batman v Superman

Dwayne of Justice

And then the movie is just this for 3 hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8DDJRwjkI

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Okay I have now heard this from multiple completely unrelated locations so I feel like I have to mention it here

The rumor I have heard about the Guardians of the Galaxy after-credits stinger is that

I will scream the laugh that sunders the world if this occurs.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So apparently there is some dude across the street from Comic-Con with the religious crazies, only he is protesting EDGAR WRIGHT WAS RIGHT and passing out flyers that are several paragraphs long and talk about how Marvel Studios are a bunch of monsters for firing him.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Eisner award winner Butt Stuff Werewolf

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I got a bunch of comics in the mail this morning!

y4EShRnl.jpg?1

However I was talking to my co-workers today and they told me Superior Spider-Man was terrible. I am going to open it right now and hope they are wrong because I like the premise a bunch.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Superior was awesome

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Man, some unexpected crossovers have been popping up recently. First TMNT/Ghostbusters and now this.

RqVzskl.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    San Diego, CA (July 25, 2014) – Have you ever wondered what it would be like to “mind-meld” with a sentient ape? Or wanted to see a Klingon on horseback, brandishing a rifle? Readers will soon have a chance to peek into just such an alternate future, as IDW Publishing partners with BOOM! Studios for the crossover event of the year: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes.

IDW will publish the crossover, which will mark the first time BOOM! Studios has partnered with another publisher on a series. Together they will bring Star Trek, licensed by CBS Consumer Products, and 20th Century Fox’s Planet of the Apes together in a way that is sure to delight existing fans and make new ones. The series will pair the original U.S.S. Enterprise crew with Taylor, Nova and the cast from the original Planet of the Apes film.

The creative team will be a mix of proven experience and new blood with scripts by beloved Star Trek scribes Scott and David Tipton (Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation 2) and interior art and covers by the British newcomer Rachael Stott.

“With the Klingons secretly backing a renegade gorilla general in a coup for control of Ape City, Captain Kirk finds himself in the uncomfortable position of having to help out Dr. Zaius’ orangutans,” explains David Tipton. “Taylor won’t be happy with that!"

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

However I was talking to my co-workers today and they told me Superior Spider-Man was terrible. I am going to open it right now and hope they are wrong because I like the premise a bunch.

It's ok. I don't really like Slott on Spiderman though so my opinion doesn't seem to be concensus.

• Options
    The Primate Directive. Amazing.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I didn't like Slott on Spider-Parker but he's real good writing Spider-Ock.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    when is the planet of the apes musical from the simpsons going to become a real thing

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    when is the planet of the apes musical from the simpsons going to become a real thing

uh, when I get done writing it?

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

the estate of Falco keeps causing trouble over the Dr. Zaius parody. They could make the musical without it, but then what is even the point.

MikeLL on
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I didn't like Slott on Spider-Parker but he's real good writing Spider-Ock.

I thought Yost was a million times better. Slott's Spock never felt like a reformed evil genius gallivanting as Spiderman and was instead more of a super villain caricature with zero self awareness. At least Yost had moments where Otto would actively try to emulate Peter to maintain his cover rather than just be set to 100% asshole most of the time.

• Options
    DC finally announced something, and it is pretty rad!

After the upcoming Throne of Atlantis direct to DVD movie, made by the Justice League: WAR crew, Bruce Timm is returning to DC Animation to write and direct two movies: Batman vs. Robin, inspired by Scott Snyder's Batman and including the Court of Owls and Justice League: Gods and Monsters, which has no details yet.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I just read Court of Owls and at no point is Batman versus Robin in any way

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It isn't an adaptation, it is inspired by the run.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Aw, no Daredevil details is a huge bummer.

• Options
    also
    BtbinbSCAAEpuJb.jpg

supposed leak of the design for Thing in Fantastic Four

it's just the lighting reference bust but

that looks alright

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Look I'm just tired of heroes being versus other heroes
    Stop it
    Stop doing it, stop putting it in titles, stop thinking it's cool

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    DC finally announced something, and it is pretty rad!

After the upcoming Throne of Atlantis direct to DVD movie, made by the Justice League: WAR crew, Bruce Timm is returning to DC Animation to write and direct two movies: Batman vs. Robin, inspired by Scott Snyder's Batman and including the Court of Owls and Justice League: Gods and Monsters, which has no details yet.

Gods and Monsters sounds like it could be centered around Wonder Woman. That would be interesting.

• Options

Look I'm just tired of heroes being versus other heroes
    Stop it
    Stop doing it, stop putting it in titles, stop thinking it's cool

Amen to that

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    also
    BtbinbSCAAEpuJb.jpg

supposed leak of the design for Thing in Fantastic Four

it's just the lighting reference bust but

that looks alright

At this stage, and with how this is clearly becoming a rights grab for as little money spent as possible, part of me hopes they go with it, and that is the entire Thing.

Like some guy in a black jumpsuit just runs the head around on a stick.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That Thing looks better than the Thing we got before

credit where credit is due

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    That Thing looks better than the Thing we got before

credit where credit is due

Oh ya, my comment wasn't against the Thing itself, just more how he was on a stick, I hope they just stop there and dive into the low budget rights grab they are going for.

Make a proper sequel to the last rights grab Fantastic Four, that movie is amazing in it's terribleness, I'm still pretty sure Johnny's flames were done by using crayon on the film reel.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I would like to remind everyone that the Tal Report reported this months ago.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I don't know if I want to live in a world where I can believe the Tal Report

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I definitely don't want to live in a world where I can't!

This discussion has been closed.