As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel MCU] This thread is wrapped, in some kind of rope or wire. Find the new one!

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    i'm just saying

gothy screamy girl is something that popped up on buffy a little too often and river got real close

i'm sure it'll be fine, but it bothers me that it looks like there's three different scenes where she's doing the same thing (in three different locations)

she's not black canary

Given her powers, she could be if she wanted to.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    She knows what she's doing, she's the most duplicitous "hero" of them all and probably lived a life of luxury with Hydra. But she's cunning and pretends to be goth so all these dudes thinks they can help her.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    god this trailer looks fantastic

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's almost like she's been imprisoned and tortured by hydra for most of her life.

hydra likes to keep their prisoners super pretty.

This is....actually a thing that happens, and is pretty fucked up.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    TexiKen wrote: »
    She knows what she's doing, she's the most duplicitous "hero" of them all and probably lived a life of luxury with Hydra. But she's cunning and pretends to be goth so all these dudes thinks they can help her.

I feel like that went somewhere very specific towards the end there.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It did because all Captain America does is White Knight! Lecture and White Knight! She's the girl with the chaos magic tattoo!

But it doesn't matter she's married to her brother as we saw when Fin Fang Foom was in San Francisco. Thanks Jeph Loeb.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    xc3VX8g.jpg

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    It did because all Captain America does is White Knight! Lecture and White Knight! She's the girl with the chaos magic tattoo!

But it doesn't matter she's married to her brother as we saw when Fin Fang Foom was in San Francisco. Thanks Jeph Loeb.

I don't even.

Dedwrekka wrote: »

I don't even.

Okay it's not just me. I am very confused as well.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ehehe, is that a play on everyone speculating that Hawkeye will be the first Avenger to be Whedon'd? :P

It is nice to see him in action tho. I kinda assumed he'd be like Selvig now - they spent the same amount of time under Loki's influence, and it'd explain his absence from Cap2.

Oh brilliant
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ehehe, is that a play on everyone speculating that Hawkeye will be the first Avenger to be Whedon'd? :P

It is nice to see him in action tho. I kinda assumed he'd be like Selvig now - they spent the same amount of time under Loki's influence, and it'd explain his absence from Cap2.

It's a play on the fact that almost every issue of the Hawkeye comic by Matt Fraction opens that way

Hawkeye in some fucked up over-his-head situation

"Okay... this looks bad."

It's a reference to the awesome Matt Fraction Hawkeye series. The first page of which was...
    hawkeyethislooksbad.jpg

And he'll kill Black Widow or Thor's girlfriend or something. Hawkeye has a penis. This is Whedon we're talking about.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    And he'll kill Black Widow or Thor's girlfriend or something. Hawkeye has a penis. This is Whedon we're talking about.

"I'm a leaf on the wind. . ."

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Entaru wrote: »

I am simultaneously corrected and reminded and now I have to go sit down and have a cry.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

"You can't tell me what to do, boy! I'm not part of your crew!"
    "Yes, you are."

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

"You can't tell me what to do, boy! I'm not part of your crew!"
    "Yes, you are."

:(

So much sad.

• BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Viskod wrote: »
    So Spader is doing an excellent job with this voice. When that patched together barely living looking version of Ultron shambles into that room and crushes the other robots head, with that "youre all puppets on strings" voice over. I was legitimately creeped the fuck out.

What really struck me, having not read any Ultron comics? I was expecting a cold calculating skynet kinda guy, offing or enslaving humanity for their own good. Nope, he's just fuckin' nuts.

The articulation on his face at the end was unexpected, but reaaally appreciated.

Ultron isn't a typical murderous robot. He's very human despite acting like he isn't. It's what makes him one of the best Avengers villains. He's a murderbot with daddy issues.
    I wonder why they didn't lay the groundwork for Hank Pym before this movie, though. He's the guy who originally built Ultron in the comics.

(Also, I want Wonder Man now that Scarlet Witch is getting involved.)

There was the part where she appears to throw some energy at a guy without looking. ;D
    Hydra has a habit of "advancing" the powers of those it has in captivity, already established as canon on AoS.

BigWillieStyles on
    3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I wonder why they didn't lay the groundwork for Hank Pym before this movie, though. He's the guy who originally built Ultron in the comics.

They probably wanted to originally. Edgar Wright was working on Ant Man for like 5 years

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

They probably wanted to originally. Edgar Wright was working on Ant Man for like 5 years

Longer than that; there's been an Ant-Man film in some stage of planning since basically Marvel Studios existed, hiring Wright as far back as 2006. Wright kept getting busy with stuff, so he and Marvel's schedules never really meshed until recently, so that's why it's going to be almost a decade between the initial talks and this movie finally coming out. Between Marvel having to wait on Wright, and Wright having such a specific vision that Marvel is now locked in to (Pym being retired, Scott Lang being the main hero) I kinda wish they had gone with someone else originally, given that things eventually broke down between them. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Originally there was going to be a Pym reference in Thor (Selvig's contact who knows about SHIELD was supposed to be Pym) but it was removed because they felt they were just popping up too many references, and also because what the plan for the Ant-Man movie was still unfinalized.

• BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Longer than that; there's been an Ant-Man film in some stage of planning since basically Marvel Studios existed, hiring Wright as far back as 2006. Wright kept getting busy with stuff, so he and Marvel's schedules never really meshed until recently, so that's why it's going to be almost a decade between the initial talks and this movie finally coming out. Between Marvel having to wait on Wright, and Wright having such a specific vision that Marvel is now locked in to (Pym being retired, Scott Lang being the main hero) I kinda wish they had gone with someone else originally, given that things eventually broke down between them. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Originally there was going to be a Pym reference in Thor (Selvig's contact who knows about SHIELD was supposed to be Pym) but it was removed because they felt they were just popping up too many references, and also because what the plan for the Ant-Man movie was still unfinalized.
    But they parted ways once Marvel realized Edgar Wright was gonna make an Edgar Wright movie. Which is a shame. Biggest mistake since making Loki the main villain of The Avengers (we could have done with less of a faceless horde, maybe a commander thrown in there with actual dialogue.)

Well, that didn't stop them from name dropping "Stephen Strange" in Winter Soldier.

Also, what the Hell is with the musical chairs in Doctor Strange's casting? Maybe if they went with a mostly non-established brand for the character. They did that with Thor.

By the way,
    it's confirmed that Adam Warlock is in a cocoon in the Collector's collection.

BigWillieStyles on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    What if they kill Thor? And replace him with the new female Thor in the third movie?
    Yeah, the new Thor is brand new in the comics, but by time she would appear in the movie she would be well established.

Random thought. Replace Captain America with Winter Soldier or Falcon, Thor with new Thor and Iron Man with War Machine or Iron Patriot. I mean they'll have tons of new characters coming in, but if they wanted to keep and refresh the legacy characters.

Well, the teaser trailer was bad ass.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Isn't the new Thor formerly known as Natasha Romanov?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    Invisible wrote: »
    What if they kill Thor? And replace him with the new female Thor in the third movie?
    Yeah, the new Thor is brand new in the comics, but by time she would appear in the movie she would be well established.

Random thought. Replace Captain America with Winter Soldier or Falcon, Thor with new Thor and Iron Man with War Machine or Iron Patriot. I mean they'll have tons of new characters coming in, but if they wanted to keep and refresh the legacy characters.

No, replace Thor with Beta Ray Bill. Yeah, just try to find a way to connect Guardians of the Galaxy and the other movies better than that storyline.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

I haven't seen anywhere that they've revealed who she is under the helmet yet?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    Invisible wrote: »

No, replace Thor with Beta Ray Bill. Yeah, just try to find a way to connect Guardians of the Galaxy and the other movies better than that storyline.

The recent Angela story line would do it.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Nah, replace Thor with Loki: agent of Asgard

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2014

Honestly, I've never read the comics, but my brain just said, "I hope not."

I want the new Thor to be an Asgardian commoner.

And the new Thor might get me to start buying comics again. The design I saw was badass.

Nova_C on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2014
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    I disagree on the badassery of the design. It was bad.

People always gotta shit on the things I like. :P

edited October 2014
    *laugh* Well then stop liking bad things!

Edit: B.A.B.D. is also where I found the Black Widow / Thor thing.

http://bikiniarmorbattledamage.tumblr.com/post/84422471129/black-widow-wielding-mjolnir

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I didn't think the design was bad (for comic book standards) until I realized there was exposed flesh in the middle of her chest.

edited October 2014
    I didn't think the design was bad (for comic book standards) until I realized there was exposed flesh in the middle of her chest.

I don't think that's exposed skin on her stomach. If you check out the preview for Thor #2, it shows her front on and that area doesn't match get skintone.

InkSplat on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    This has bothered me for a while, but why did Selvig lose his marbles again?

I'm rewatching Thor 2 and he's just nuts all of a sudden.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    Wash wrote: »
    This has bothered me for a while, but why did Selvig lose his marbles again?

I'm rewatching Thor 2 and he's just nuts all of a sudden.

From Loki's mind control during Avengers, and the fact that Loki was in his head even before then--the post-credit sequence from Thor has Loki controlling Selvig when Fury shows him the Cube. Dude was under Loki's sway for a lot longer than anyone else.

Lady Thor is the Allmother

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    So Spader is doing an excellent job with this voice. When that patched together barely living looking version of Ultron shambles into that room and crushes the other robots head, with that "youre all puppets on strings" voice over. I was legitimately creeped the fuck out.

What really struck me, having not read any Ultron comics? I was expecting a cold calculating skynet kinda guy, offing or enslaving humanity for their own good. Nope, he's just fuckin' nuts.

The articulation on his face at the end was unexpected, but reaaally appreciated.

Ultron isn't a typical murderous robot. He's very human despite acting like he isn't. It's what makes him one of the best Avengers villains. He's a murderbot with daddy issues.

Not enough time in the movies, they had higher priories.

Ant-man and AoU spoilers
    That's why Pym is Michael Douglas and Tony is the logical creator in the Avengers for Ultron in the MCU.
    (Also, I want Wonder Man now that Scarlet Witch is getting involved.)

Wonder Man isn't a factor in the MCU at the moment.

AoU speculation
    The rumor is that Vision will be based on Jarvis.
    There was the part where she appears to throw some energy at a guy without looking. ;D
    Hydra has a habit of "advancing" the powers of those it has in captivity, already established as canon on AoS.[/quote]

When did hydra do that in AoS?

But they parted ways once Marvel realized Edgar Wright was gonna make an Edgar Wright movie. Which is a shame. Biggest mistake since making Loki the main villain of The Avengers (we could have done with less of a faceless horde, maybe a commander thrown in there with actual dialogue.)

Well, that didn't stop them from name dropping "Stephen Strange" in Winter Soldier.

Why didn't you like Loki in Avengers? He was fantastic and was the original enemy in the comics that formed the team. Whedon deliberately kept the characters to a minimum so the movie wouldn't be overloaded with people. It was hard enough as it was with five Avengers.
    Also, what the Hell is with the musical chairs in Doctor Strange's casting? Maybe if they went with a mostly non-established brand for the character. They did that with Thor.

That's not uncommon for roles in Hollywood. Evans wasn't given Cap, he had to compete for it and so did everyone else for their roles - excluding Jackson.

Nova_C wrote: »

Honestly, I've never read the comics, but my brain just said, "I hope not."

I want the new Thor to be an Asgardian commoner.

And the new Thor might get me to start buying comics again. The design I saw was badass.

No one knows who it is yet. We do know it isn't Angela.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Hydra has a habit of "advancing" the powers of those it has in captivity, already established as canon on AoS.
    They did that for Blizzard, it's mentioned in Episode 2.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    They did that for Blizzard, it's mentioned in Episode 2.

I remember the brainwashing, not enhancement. They didn't do anything to Absorbing Man.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular

Other than the boob armor, which I dislike (either a full breastplate or just the standard leather without the gap would be better IMO), it's a good design. Now that Natasha design and the Earth X Lady Thor costumes are truly awful.